Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:05:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to sell Bitcoins on PayPal and not get scammed.  (Read 4255 times)
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 05:46:50 AM

Actually this would work for PayPal. I believe PayPal doesn't get involved with SNAD disputes and asks you to resolve it between the buyer and seller. However it wouldn't work for a credit card chargeback.
I just checked their policy and it seems you are correct. Wow, that makes PayPal's policies seem really stupid. If I send you an empty box, PayPal won't chargeback. Buf it I can't prove I sent you anything, they will.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 08:52:15 AM

Actually this would work for PayPal. I believe PayPal doesn't get involved with SNAD disputes and asks you to resolve it between the buyer and seller. However it wouldn't work for a credit card chargeback.
I just checked their policy and it seems you are correct. Wow, that makes PayPal's policies seem really stupid. If I send you an empty box, PayPal won't chargeback. Buf it I can't prove I sent you anything, they will.

Well it's difficult to prove one way or another so that's how they set their policy. Same as receiving virtual goods, they really have no idea if anyone ever got something.

Clearcoin decided to take a neutral stance. If anything goes wrong, all they do is hold the item and return it back to the buyer after a set amount of time. In 95+% of all situations that would work, but someone will always test the limits.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: