Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:54:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ETHERCADE << Token sale is NOW live!  (Read 853 times)
EddieNigma (OP)

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:56:25 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2017, 05:42:45 AM by EddieNigma

T H E  B L O C K C H A I N  A R C A D E

Returning soon with a different model!
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EddieNigma (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:58:42 AM

Reserved
Arya Aditama

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:01:29 AM

I am interested to follow this project bounty and I hope to team and dev from the project to be held bounty social media and also signature for the development of project good luck
EddieNigma (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:08:42 AM

Thanks,
 We will continue to post new updates. We have a video coming showing Ethercade in action- although if you'd rather just check it out yourself it is already live for anyone who has Ethercade Tokens.
Vilrex

Activity: 195

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:02:06 PM

bookmarking this thread
PokerBetting

Activity: 700
Merit: 563

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:14:21 PM

when open ico selling dev ?
not open bounty ?
i want reserve indonesian translation if you need

EddieNigma (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:26:36 PM

bookmarking this thread
Thanks!

when open ico selling dev ?

The token sale is currently live.

I recommend that anyone thinking of joining in on the token sale and buying ECT read through the whitepaperand check out the site. Instructions on how to take part are in the first post and also on the homepage of the site.

I also made a video walkthrough of the whitepaper here..

EddieNigma (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 04:35:13 AM

The beta version is live and playable at https://Ethercade.com/early

Here is a video walk through I just made of the beta, showing it being used: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgKDO19-pz0&feature=youtu.be

Any tokens you buy now are immediately usable in the beta!

Price: 1 ETH = 1500 ECT

Send ETH to this address to get your Ethercade tokens: 0x59276c08e3B1e118Ae05e8EbE303964D12751c31

100% bonus for anyone in this thread. More info and white paper here: https://ethercade.com
beezle

Activity: 118

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 08:43:27 AM

Hi devs,

This project looks really interesting and I hope it builds some momentum and is listed on a couple good exchanges.

I think if there was a faucet or some way to let people try the games once or twice for free I think that would help get some potential Token Sale buyers past the high price of entry of 0.25 ETH.

I do have a couple of questions about the Token Sale and how the proceeds will be used.

What happens if you are unable to sell all of the tokens during the Token Sale?

Hopefully this won't be a problem, but is there a plan in place for this?

Assuming the token sale is a spectacular success, how will the proceeds be used?

With potential proceeds being in the $2M - $5M USD range this is no small number.  

The whitepaper mentions only marketing, and there is no mention of any substantial funding for ongoing development on this project at the platform level.
I realize that 3rd parties may take the lead in creating games and other ways to use the platform, but the platform itself will need to be improved and maintained to ensure future success.

If all tokens are sold and none are retained by the devs and/or founders, what motivation do they have to ensure the longterm success of this project?

Do the devs plan on buying any tokens themselves during the token sale? If not then it seems their only payoff to look forward to will be the proceeds from the Token Sale.

Thanks and I'm not trying to criticize but hope to build more confidence in this project as I'm probably not the only person wondering these things.

EddieNigma (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 05:27:24 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2017, 05:38:17 AM by EddieNigma

Hey, great questions:

If the token sale was unable to complete after a marketing campaign, but it had a significant amount of users and tokens sold (let's say 85%+), but for some reason it stopped dead in its tracks, we would go ahead with launch and end the sale. Ethercade could use the remaining tokens for bounties, your excellent idea of the faucet to allow people to try the games or simply not use a bunch of them which would lower the overall supply and supportive the value of the token.

On the other hand, if the token sale had no or very little interest we would have to chalk it up to not being a good enough idea for the market to adopt, refund any contributions that were made and convert the project to a non-token model. We have started a marketing campaign so we'll know soon enough if the market is interested in this idea or not. Although I might think it's a cool idea, the general public might not.

If the project is a success, the proceeds will be used to fund new development from third party developers, in fact we'd have enough to hire the best developers available, a scaled marketing campaign and also the initial prize payouts.

About motivation for developers: if the site is widely used, the tokens that are used are eventually sold back into the market and the site would have a profit margin. In the whitepaper I mentioned that the expected dollar value of won prizes will be less than the amount spent on the tokens for the average player (If it was otherwise, the site would lose money- this is the same for Dave & Busters. If Dave & Busters are offering a $40 gadget as a prize, they have to make sure it's most likely that a user would spend over $40 in tokens before getting enough tickets to win the gadget or they will eventually go bankrupt. If the average user spends $45 in tokens before getting enough tickets to win the $40 gadget, they profit $5 off the exchange).

Thanks and I'm not trying to criticize but hope to build more confidence in this project as I'm probably not the only person wondering these things.

No problem at all! I appreciate you taking the time check out the project and ask questions about it.

EDIT: After running the marketing campaign for a while I am going to put this sale on hold. I am going to try to think of a different model to launch the new content under soon to avoid having to do a token sale to fund it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: