Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:14:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: fitness apps that accept bitcoin  (Read 378 times)
SyGambler (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:31:49 AM

so lately I have been using myfitnesspal , which is a great app to track your meals , exercises and other fitness stuffs
there is a free version and premium version , so I was wondering if there is a similar app that accept bitcoin as a payment method for premium
also if you know a service that can do the exchange , like they buy you premium accounts and you pay them in bitcoins

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:26:53 AM

so lately I have been using myfitnesspal , which is a great app to track your meals , exercises and other fitness stuffs
there is a free version and premium version , so I was wondering if there is a similar app that accept bitcoin as a payment method for premium
also if you know a service that can do the exchange , like they buy you premium accounts and you pay them in bitcoins

Unique proposition. Personally i don't know any that accept bitocin as a direct way to pay right now.

There was an app that i recall called Fitcoin that pays you to work out, essentially. However that was news back in 2014-2015 and not sure if they still let you do this. Plus, the functionality is going to be quite basic anyways.

I would suggest just converting your BTC either p2p or an exchange to your local currency, and buying a subscription there until some courageous entrepreneur comes out with a bitcoin accepting site.

Smiley
SyGambler (OP)
Legendary

guess who's back

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 05:26:26 AM

Unique proposition. Personally i don't know any that accept bitocin as a direct way to pay right now.

There was an app that i recall called Fitcoin that pays you to work out, essentially. However that was news back in 2014-2015 and not sure if they still let you do this. Plus, the functionality is going to be quite basic anyways.

I would suggest just converting your BTC either p2p or an exchange to your local currency, and buying a subscription there until some courageous entrepreneur comes out with a bitcoin accepting site.

yeah while googling this fitcoin thing came up , but it seems like it's dead now
the problem is that I can only pay with bitcoin online cause here other payment options aren't supported , that's why I asked even if there is someone who takes bitcoin and buy subs for others
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1038
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:14:04 AM

You can easily buy a google play gift card  or itunes code with bitcoin and redeem in to in app purchase.
Paxful and Gyft are highly popular options for them.
SyGambler (OP)
Legendary

guess who's back

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:48:21 PM

You can easily buy a google play gift card  or itunes code with bitcoin and redeem in to in app purchase.

actually I have never tried these and I don't know if they will work , in general google has strict rules against my country since we are not friends with the US so google products aren't available here even the app store for android users
everytime I want to open the app store I need to use a vpn , so not sure if this gift cards will work with a VPN
I will check the app and see if it has gift cards as an option
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:37:30 PM

I think better to try contact the owner of the app maybe they also knows about bitcoin and they are also have a bitcoin wallet..
If you are not aware about gyft and you don't know if it will works or not better to try what the above 1 said.
If you exchange your bitcoin into redeemable amount in playstore or itunes much better to contact the owner of the app and ask if there is option to buy their premium in bitcoin.. If ever they are not accepted also ask them if they are accepting redeemable gift cards. .
Fire Rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 11:37:44 AM

I don't think at present any app accepts bitcoins. I remember there is a app called bitwalking . It gives 1 usd for 1000 steps you walk. But not sure whether its still there. I have heard about another app that gives sweatcoin and you can convert sweatcoins to gift cards. But I think its available only for UK users. There was another app that used to pay 1 satoshis for each step(Burning man app) .I think now they are not paying anybody.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 12:24:24 PM

Hows that working out for you ? Forget about fitness apps using bitcoins,does any body buy premium versions of any fitness apps ? I highly doubt it.

You can buy the App with that but does it also mean you can do in App purchases with the same methods ? Doesn't that depend on the developer and not google ? Yes it does!

OP,if you look at the graph,out of 100 gym bros,50 download the app,10 use the premium version and out of those 10,1 likes to pay with bitcoin.Not worth their time to integrate a wallet.
wildcat24

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:42:34 PM

Lympo will be a game changer for this  Smiley

Sign-up for beta before it closes - https://lympo.io/

Preview of the app here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHzCjGcI1UQ
Maricel2017

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:52:33 PM

Tgis would be a great thing if this apps will accept bitcoin, im sure many people would be interested for this specially for health concious persons. Honestly i am looking for this since my doctor already tells me that i need to have proper diet to make me more fit because i am too stress in my work that is why im getting fat right now.

crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:03:21 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2018, 12:33:44 AM by crairezx20

Tgis would be a great thing if this apps will accept bitcoin, im sure many people would be interested for this specially for health concious persons. Honestly i am looking for this since my doctor already tells me that i need to have proper diet to make me more fit because i am too stress in my work that is why im getting fat right now.
I'm sickness due to stress and become fatty guy so fitness apps could help you to decrease your weight by following simple exercises from the app every day. I'm wondering why he still wanted to buy the premium apps for bitcoin even there are many apps are acting as premium.

If he wanted to get fitted hire someone can do cam to cam chat that can guide you to decrease weight then offer him a bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: