Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:23:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex still the best?  (Read 679 times)
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:46:42 AM

I'm not using Poloniex but I'm using Bittrex. I read some negative feedbacks about Poloniex. They say that there are lots of withdrawal problems and there are whales that manipulates the price of the coins. I'm not sure if it is true but it is one of the reasons why I'm not using Poloniex. So far, bittrex is still the best for me.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dreamer81

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:48:17 AM

Dont use polo. If something goes wrong, your money is gone. And they never reply to complaints. Use bittrex or kraken
Check this thread for instance https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2132250.new#new
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:56:52 AM

Apart from really lazy support team they have, they are pretty much good exchange but who would like to wait for weeks to just get a reply. This will be even more panicking when there is money involved. Yes they are listing lots of new coins lately because they don't want their users to shift to bittrex at any cost but they might not know the main reason behind users swap is their poor support rather than number of coins they have listed.
Manuj

Activity: 269
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:13:54 AM

I'm not using Poloniex but I'm using Bittrex. I read some negative feedbacks about Poloniex. They say that there are lots of withdrawal problems and there are whales that manipulates the price of the coins. I'm not sure if it is true but it is one of the reasons why I'm not using Poloniex. So far, bittrex is still the best for me.

Same here. I prefer Bittrex more than Poloniex. Although I am still logging in to my Poloniex account every once in a while. I kind of missed trading there in fairness. I used to like Poloniex because my orders were easily confirmed. But because of freezing that happened almost once in a while, I decided to fully shift to Bittrex.
ROT13

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:36:52 AM

They've lost alot of market share.  Before the April run up no doubt they were no1, I wouldn't say that anymore.  If your a legacy user they're fine but talk to anyone whose relatively new to this space and you will hear mostly negative experiences about withdrawals, deposits and customer service. They got swamped in the April run, couldn't keep up with demand and consequently burned a new generation of users and missed out on listing some important up and coming currencies. 

I can't help but sympathize, in February it was rare to see over 35k users even on a big day but a few months ago I saw 50-60k users online and the strain on the platform and order books was obvious to anyone trying to buy at a time of high activity.  Can't be easy to deal with with that sort of surge in new interest whilst maintaining security and stability but I really think they dropped the ball for alot of newcomers and Bittrex was consequently the benefactor. 
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:05:07 AM

Many users have recently been facing many issues with poloniex and with the new terms many traders switched to bittrex or any other exchange. Bittrex volumes increased significantly but poloniex noticed that and started listing so many coins in a month like cvc , zrx , etc to still be best.
Another instance is 1 month old but makes sense it is bch or bitcoin cash whatever you call , mostlt every exchange credited it users bch and the price was going up and down but finally it ended up at $350. On 14th august poloniex credited it's users just after 3 days of listing it the price rose to $500 and then continued and became stable at $600+ few days back nothing else happened during this duration.
Let me know your thoughts am i right or just exaggerating.

Reference: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-cash/historical-data/?start=20170613&end=20170913

It has no advantages over Bittrex at all. Fees are pretty similar, poloniex does not hold an edge. Customer support, both are pretty crappy but Bittrex definitely has much better customer support than poloniex(sometimes tickets are not answered for ages).

Poloniex volume has been down significantly, it is like 8th spot now in exchanges with fees compared to #1 all the time a few months ago. They've removed trollbox, their founder made their linkedin account private - all ingredients for a troubling future imo.

Anyways, BCH had virtually no acceptance back in 14th August and was very illiquid. Even if a smaller exchange than poloniex listed BCH back then it would have made a difference on price. Poloniex still has influence on listing coins, yes. But not much anymore. Mainly because of the fact that old traders still prefer poloniex, but many are switching to bittrex.Bithumb and Bittrex have much more power.
giveen (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 07:37:41 AM

I just read all of the replies i know it is really late but i was busy with the nexechange thing and forgot to keep track about this.
From what i read till now i see a mix of opinions about poloniex honestly but most of them are against it looks lime all of you have faced pretty much too many issues with the support system i always got my replies in hours but might be different for you. I couldn't find the answer i was looking it looked like most of you just read the topic and spammed as usual.
Many said they switched to bittrex and that actually can be seen with trading volume of bittrex gone way more than poloniex only time will tell who will last longer.

Anyways, BCH had virtually no acceptance back in 14th August and was very illiquid. Even if a smaller exchange than poloniex listed BCH back then it would have made a difference on price.
You might be the only one who took the initiative to read my topic about this i checked you but there was no other exchange other than polo who had listed bch at that point.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 07:54:35 AM

I just read all of the replies i know it is really late but i was busy with the nexechange thing and forgot to keep track about this.
From what i read till now i see a mix of opinions about poloniex honestly but most of them are against it looks lime all of you have faced pretty much too many issues with the support system i always got my replies in hours but might be different for you. I couldn't find the answer i was looking it looked like most of you just read the topic and spammed as usual.
Many said they switched to bittrex and that actually can be seen with trading volume of bittrex gone way more than poloniex only time will tell who will last longer.

Anyways, BCH had virtually no acceptance back in 14th August and was very illiquid. Even if a smaller exchange than poloniex listed BCH back then it would have made a difference on price.
You might be the only one who took the initiative to read my topic about this i checked you but there was no other exchange other than polo who had listed bch at that point.

There is a reason why people are so against poloniex. It's because that people are frustrating that their support isn't doing anything to help them out, and especially with big traders they can't even withdraw their balances in full at one time because of the $2000 limit. They can't verify their account because it takes ages for them to actually approve it.

If you like poloniex and you haven't had any issues with their support then go for it, but do it at your own risk. They are a very shady company.

But they are DEFINITELY not the best anymore.
jkminkov

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 06:32:29 AM

no support <=> no trust, avoid, next cryptsy!

.:31211457:. 100 dollars in one place talking - Dudes, hooray, Bitcoin against us just one, but we are growing in numbers!
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 07:06:09 AM

This could well be possible. The fact that they are having so much trouble with just simple support answering simple questions and solving simple issues could mean that they are in trouble in terms of their liquidity.

It could potentially because of a major hack that was not revealed to the public or something else.

OP, you are lucky that you're getting a response because others aren't. I would suggest definitely use bittrex for now.
giveen (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:00:32 AM

This could well be possible. The fact that they are having so much trouble with just simple support answering simple questions and solving simple issues could mean that they are in trouble in terms of their liquidity.

It could potentially because of a major hack that was not revealed to the public or something else.

OP, you are lucky that you're getting a response because others aren't. I would suggest definitely use bittrex for now.
I do use bittrex now poloniex doesn't have most of the coins listed with which i wanna trade and feel is more profitable i only trade few coins on poloniex and it's pretty rare. It is trying to remain the number one by listing more coins but you all are right it might be late now. About withdrawal limit it might be low for many bit for $2k seems totally fine honestly.
Thank you all again for your valuable feedback.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: