Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:16:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Switching from ETH to sell hashing power for BTC during the dip?  (Read 433 times)
jmigdlc99 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 01:17:17 PM

I've been dual mining ETH nonstop with my rig for the past few months and have always used nanopool. But now given that the recent BTC dip is pretty deep, i've switched over to selling my hashing power to nicehash for BTC.

The rationale is that ill be getting a larger amount of BTC now, which has more chances of increasing in value once BTC price bounces back. I lost my computations as I only wrote in on paper over lunch today but it seems more profitable than directly mining ETH right now, of course assuming prices bounce back up. Any thoughts on this strategy?

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:40:26 PM

Well, even I thought so about it. I don't know the exact amount you'll be receiving in BTC for selling your hash power and if that's greater than or equivalent to ETH mining but it seems a bit lucrative for now and this dips temp, so what-ever you choose, you're good to go. Moreover, Selling your rigs hash for a contract will be more profitable than nicehash itself.
jmigdlc99 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 01:52:41 PM

Well, even I thought so about it. I don't know the exact amount you'll be receiving in BTC for selling your hash power and if that's greater than or equivalent to ETH mining but it seems a bit lucrative for now and this dips temp, so what-ever you choose, you're good to go. Moreover, Selling your rigs hash for a contract will be more profitable than nicehash itself.

Yeah, selling rig hash for a contract definitely sounds more profitable. Have you done this before?
Im curious actually, is there an online service that can automate selling hash between you and a client?

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:06:19 PM

I've been dual mining ETH nonstop with my rig for the past few months and have always used nanopool. But now given that the recent BTC dip is pretty deep, i've switched over to selling my hashing power to nicehash for BTC.

The rationale is that ill be getting a larger amount of BTC now, which has more chances of increasing in value once BTC price bounces back. I lost my computations as I only wrote in on paper over lunch today but it seems more profitable than directly mining ETH right now, of course assuming prices bounce back up. Any thoughts on this strategy?

Who said that BTC will bounce back?

dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:15:06 PM

Who said that BTC will bounce back, and who said it'll bounce back more than ETH?
Fixed for you.
If life were so binary...
Wink
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:35:48 PM

Who said that BTC will bounce back, and who said it'll bounce back more than ETH?
Fixed for you.
If life were so binary...
Wink

I don't like to make predictions because markets with giant whales are not predictible at all, but...
I think BTC was (still is) seriously pumped so at least half of present value in close future will not surprise me.
I think ETH will rise to at least double of the present value in next 6 months.

Well, I said it.

Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:41:33 PM

well its a good strategy if you are believing that bitcoin will bounce back much quicker than eth and as we seen the current situations we must do everything in terms of getting better earnings as we need to pay our expenses from our mining rigs, let see if you will not regret this move and let wait till this downfall stop and bounce back will start again.
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:07:04 PM

Yeah, selling rig hash for a contract definitely sounds more profitable. Have you done this before?
Im curious actually, is there an online service that can automate selling hash between you and a client?

Well, I've never had. You can give mining rig rentals a try. Just google search. They offer really good price for mining rig and yes, according to the prices listed there for mining rigs, they are way profitable.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: