Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:42:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Still on Religion.. What is your thoughts on this?  (Read 461 times)
Ucy (OP)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:27:12 PM

Pls permission to deviate a little with this bible quotation below.

Job 26:7 - “He stretches out the north over empty space and hangs the earth on nothing."

These writers knew clearly  the Earth floats in space thousands of years ago?? How? Wow!

I used to be a Bible skeptic back then as a  young man ( 19—29yrs) . Infact I was a very hard-to-convinced atheist . My love for Astronomy & being disgusted by the Hypocrisy of religious people opened me up to the World of Atheism . Religion eventually found me — never thought I would one day be interested in religious stuff. A mind blowing evil deeds by people I looked up to coupled with some proof of the supernatural forced me out completely.  I really would have loved to consider my self as an agnostic but for those unbelievable proof, i hope to find scientific answers to.

Here is sth about Louis Pasture
Back then in Europe, atheist believed in a funny kind of evolution They thought that Maggots growing out of decayed matters are proofs that life appeared spontaneously. A scientist named Luis Pasture countered this with his sealed jar experiment(Google for more info if you can) . Luis Pasture was a very religious man. He was said to pray before starting work in his lab. Some atheists erroneously believe that Religion is for caveman. I don't believe this at all because even Steve Jobs, BillGate, Albert Einstein etc are religious men.

Finally, a Quote by Luis Pasture:
Little science takes you away from God but more of it takes you to Him. Louis Pasteur.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:58:37 PM

Well to me, we can not understand religion with out first of all know what it stands for. Religion is a part way to knowing God. So now who is God to you, what are the way you can serve him. So that knowledge will enhance your to worship him.
PaoloMagcawas

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:05:57 PM

While Science tries to answer all the questions that a human curious mind can ask, there are times when it cannot explain something. That is the time people tend  cling to the mystics, that is the time people think that there is a higher being in action. So, in a way, this proves Luis Pasture's statement correct.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:42:44 PM

Job 26:7 - “He stretches out the north over empty space and hangs the earth on nothing."

These writers knew clearly  the Earth floats in space thousands of years ago?? How? Wow!

I used to be a Bible skeptic back then as a  young man ( 19—29yrs) . Infact I was a very hard-to-convinced atheist . My love for Astronomy & being disgusted by the Hypocrisy of religious people opened me up to the World of Atheism . Religion eventually found me — never thought I would one day be interested in religious stuff. A mind blowing evil deeds by people I looked up to coupled with some proof of the supernatural forced me out completely.  I really would have loved to consider my self as an agnostic but for those unbelievable proof, i hope to find scientific answers to.

Back then in Europe, atheist believed in a funny kind of evolution They thought that Maggots growing out of decayed matters are proofs that life appeared spontaneously. A scientist named Luis Pasture countered this with his sealed jar experiment(Google for more info if you can) . Luis Pasture was a very religious man. He was said to pray before starting work in his lab. Some atheists erroneously believe that Religion is for caveman. I don't believe this at all because even Steve Jobs, BillGate, Albert Einstein etc are religious men.

Little science takes you away from God but more of it takes you to Him. Louis Pasteur.

There are things in the bible that beats the mind, i don't think the authors of various books in the bible had any clue that most of the things they were writing about were even scientifically accurate, there was no way they would have known. The Greeks believed that Atlas was holding the world on his shoulder.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Ucy (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:54:07 PM

While Science tries to answer all the questions that a human curious mind can ask, there are times when it cannot explain something. That is the time people tend  cling to the mystics, that is the time people think that there is a higher being in action. So, in a way, this proves Luis Pasture's statement correct.

Of course humans can have explanations for everything in the Universe but that would not mean the Creator of everything doesn't exist. It depends on who we think God is.
 God simply means a Creator of all things. God may be made of matter just like any other thing. We do not need to see him as something impossible or difficult to understand.
Ucy (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:07:15 PM

There are things in the bible that beats the mind, i don't think the authors of various books in the bible had any clue that most of the things they were writing about were even scientifically accurate, there was no way they would have known. The Greeks believed that Atlas was holding the world on his shoulder.

Definitely. I bet they didn't.
kkent

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:38:41 AM

The bible also says that the earth is flat and has 4 corners, sooooooo.......
Jake052478

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

I will do wonder for YOU!!!

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:57:06 AM

There are a lot of mysteries that science cannot explain and until now they have not even had clue... I wonder if scientists will ever clone a man... Remember, science cannot explain spirits and only God is the father of the Spirits... 

Hebrews 12:9 - Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

People who do not believe in God is because they are only lead by their minds... Howbeit, they cannot deny the fact... they are spirit being... yet that's where they are empty because they don't have God in their lives... only themselves....
kkent

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:33:02 AM

There are a lot of mysteries that science cannot explain and until now they have not even had clue... I wonder if scientists will ever clone a man... Remember, science cannot explain spirits and only God is the father of the Spirits... 

Hebrews 12:9 - Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

People who do not believe in God is because they are only lead by their minds... Howbeit, they cannot deny the fact... they are spirit being... yet that's where they are empty because they don't have God in their lives... only themselves....

The only reason that we haven't cloned a man is because of religious people saying that it is "god's realm." We have cloned human embryos but are always forced to destroy them before they are grown to full term.
sonicwave

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

https://saturn.black

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:52:37 AM

Well to me, we can not understand religion with out first of all know what it stands for. Religion is a part way to knowing God. So now who is God to you, what are the way you can serve him. So that knowledge will enhance your to worship him.
You can learn God in various ways. You do not need to go to church for this. But to worship him is not right. It's my opinion.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 05:44:33 PM

Actually it's fairly simple to asses if earth is flat or spherical by the stars positioning.
We have the north star which gets its name from the fact that it's always in the North. Every other constellation circles around this star(relatively).
Kassiopeia is the first constellation that's always in the closest range to the North star.
The North's star position is thus fixed with our North pole, creating a foucault like situation. I'd like to go into more detail but it's too much. Search the pendant of Foucault and you will understand what I'm getting at.

To not leave you completely dissatisfied here's another explenation. This is one the ancient egypts used.

There are two cities: 1 in the north of Egypt and 1 in the south. both have an obelisk of the same width, height and length but both cast different shadows at the same time's of the day. Thus concluding that the earth must be curved in order for this to happen. Now also knowing the distance between obelisk 1 and 2 (which they did) they could calculate exactly by how much degree's the earth is curved.

Ingenious yes and quite frankly very simple aswell. We generally know only a fraction of what ancient civilisations actually knew thus accrediting most of them as primitive.
We must acknowledge that information gets lost quite frequently such. We only have less as a percentage of what the ancient/old greeks have written down as most is lost.
And we can even see it in our time such as ISIS destroying cultural artifacts and heritages.

The spanish in medieval times we're also set out on destroying anything not christian (pagan).

There's quite allot of evidence showing that for instance flat earth is nothing more than a misinterpertation of what ancient civilisations knew about our cosmos.
Where we get the idea of flat earth from is trough symbolics the most universal are the world turtle and elephants and big hills which some are saying are actually references to our cosmos, more specifically the bulging centre of our milky way.

achsan fauzy

Activity: 174

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:12:22 AM

Religion and science is interconnected, they could not be separated.Because of science should be born of religion.
oratak

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:13:22 AM

I really dont like religion. I think its bad for the society
Jerry_Hype

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:13:09 PM

Psalm 104:5 - "He set the earth on its foundations it can never be moved."

It follows that Earth worth on something hard and doesn't move?? How??? Wow!
Senkuli

Activity: 304

www.daxico.com

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:31:15 PM

the development of science is very rapid at this time where the application of science is used in almost all aspects of human life.
science is also related to the teachings of religion, to the religion that I believe many things mentioned in the teachings of religion can be proved truth through science, has a lot of research done by scientists to prove the things written in our holy book, and that is indeed true.
I am convinced that the religious teachings I believe are always able to adjust the state of human life in every age and all in accordance with what is written in the holy book where its truth has been proven by science.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: