Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:12:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Little panics like this are good  (Read 2307 times)
digitalgame4life

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:29:23 PM

Little panics are good indeed, although this was not so much a ''little panic'' this was pretty big panic, unless you are a trader you could say that these are good, but for non traders this is pure FUD, its a shame these big players are FUDding in order to get them more power and coins altogether, the other way if you are not a trader would be to just hold because the future looks bright even after these panics, that ofcourse if filthy governments dont ban exchanges or investing in cryptocurrencies.

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Uberse (OP)

Activity: 132
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:18:07 PM

. . . the future looks bright even after these panics, that of course if filthy governments don't ban exchanges or investing in cryptocurrencies.

To prevent fraud more and more governments will seek to regulate crypto-exchanges that accept and pay out fiat. As for mining, some governments may seek to end the taxpayer subsidization of the electricity that miners use for their private profit. That would seem reasonable  -- if they can find a practical way to enforce such a ban, especially since mining will probably become more and more decentralized. The problem is that lots of profitable enterprises use taxpayer-subsidized electricity. Taken as a whole, it may be that even all the bitcoin miners in China use a comparatively small amount of power and are paying (or eventually will be paying) taxes on their earnings. As a constitutional matter of law (although this would only apply to Western-style democracies) I don't see how data-hashing itself could be banned. And anyway, governments will probably start using Bitcoin themselves to save time and money. They might have their own proprietary 'permissioned' blockchains but will eventually discover that they can also use the Bitcoin blockchain to register their own hashes as a way to achieve absolute security at very low cost.
iL_P4driNo

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 11:53:21 PM

I think this panic will help some beginners to buy and make some profit to begin.
daronch

Activity: 197

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:13:37 AM

It happens once in a while as the concept of using cryptocurrencies is still in its infancy. But I think it will happen less and less as it gets more mainstream and accepted by society at large.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:48:21 AM

Any price correction is healthy to the ecosystem. This panic has caused a lot to sold off their coins causing it to fall at around $29xx. But for others, this is a good buying point. Read all about JP Morgans, they are one of the biggest buyers of bitcoin in this floor price. They took advantage and manipulate the price into their favor so that they can buy in this panic and dip. As for us, casuals it is also a good opportunity to enter the market and buy and hodl if for the long haul. In a price correction, its better to hodl and not sell otherwise you will lose your investments.
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:04:35 AM

It is good many people are waiting for the price to fall including me unfortunately i bought some at 4000$ but i still had some funds left as we are smaller investors it doesn't matter we mainly don't control the price these panics are good for people who are waiting to buy but after these panic the altcoin market also falls that's the negative side of this
the-doctor

Activity: 542
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:10:23 AM

They prevent Bitcoin from becoming a true bubble, which would be disastrous. The level of incomprehension regarding Bitcoin is still very high. Jamie Dimon's recent comments show that, like Warren Buffet before him (as of a few months ago anyway), Dimon has no knowledge of how Bitcoin functions as a crowdsourced, decentralized, economical, sustainable, and fast method of immutable data-registration. If these guys don't know, it's a given that lots of recent easy-money chasers don't know either. A friend of mine says his grandfather was taught to drive a Model T by an elderly uncle who sat in the passenger seat with his hand on the emergency brake and yelled Whoa! Whoa! if they went faster than a trot. That's how a lot of people hold their bitcoins. They sit with their hand on the mouse and yell Sell! Sell! at the first hint of trouble. But that's good. Bitcoin can never become a bubble that way because it won't get high enough fast enough. It will slide and even crash from time to time, but since it has real utility (as opposed to tulips --- and the liar loans Dimon's company, J.P. Morgan, was fined $13 billion dollars for selling) Bitcoin will continue to climb after Buffet and Dimon have had uninformed say and momentarily clogged the exits with butts and elbows. As for rumor-mongering China, Bitcoin's Long March will continue there too.

Just sit back and hodl. If you can't hodl here, you are in the wrong game. Try the stock market.

I totally agree, thank you for this post. Sometimes even experienced holder can go trough hard times with this huge market drops. I am strong beliver in crypto and learned to hold after selling at bottom experience with loss which hurst but gives a proper lesson.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
unbotak

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:24:41 AM

Any price correction is healthy to the ecosystem. This panic has caused a lot to sold off their coins causing it to fall at around $29xx. But for others, this is a good buying point. Read all about JP Morgans, they are one of the biggest buyers of bitcoin in this floor price. They took advantage and manipulate the price into their favor so that they can buy in this panic and dip. As for us, casuals it is also a good opportunity to enter the market and buy and hodl if for the long haul. In a price correction, its better to hodl and not sell otherwise you will lose your investments.

This is a common thing, but small traders will get caught in the losses because they depend on bitcoin to pay for their life needs, there is no other word than to sell in a state of panic because they have to get the funds and make a cutloss of bitcoin. I was one of those merchants, I tried to be calm, but still experienced a tremendous panic.
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:47:30 AM

Does people really think it is a bubble? It is the people who are controlling it. Those who are holding it for a long time are the one who can make waves. I cant believe people who are registered in this forum will think of bitcoin like that. Maybe they should try a stock market forum. They are on the wrong forum. This one should be all support for bitcoin and how to make it better not bash it.

Good talks bad talks brings flactuations in the market. The more flactuations, the more opportunities. Just to clarify it, I was not bashing bitcoin.
That is very true. You have actually given shape to my thoughts. Indeed, the dump phase works as a separator between the real bitcoiners and the fake ones. However, I am actually thankful to those who perform panic selling. Due to these people, the pure bitcoiners can grab more BTCs.
Maddinson100

Activity: 363
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:14:38 AM

Yes true, a little panic makes a lot of profit, when bitcoin price drops to $ 3200, I buy about 0.75 btc and it's great that now the price has reached $ 3775 and it will soon reach $ 4000.

Sorry for these panic people now that bitcoin is rising up again i just fell bad because i decided to buy a huge amount to add on to my hoarding if bitcoin will fall down at $2000. Now i buy so small with my capital because the price is suddenly increased again but still this is better than $4K. This value will goes up even more if China will lift the ban. Be on board before its too late again
Not only $4000 but will jump to previous it very soon. Little jumps are so amazing that they give chances for trade to buy more bitcoins. As earlier fortnight, it was so difficult to buy bitcoins the prices were so high and now see the buying prices are getting down. Chance to buy and definitely buyers will avail it.
Lumada

Activity: 520
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 11:24:56 AM

Yes true, a little panic makes a lot of profit, when bitcoin price drops to $ 3200, I buy about 0.75 btc and it's great that now the price has reached $ 3775 and it will soon reach $ 4000.

Sorry for these panic people now that bitcoin is rising up again i just fell bad because i decided to buy a huge amount to add on to my hoarding if bitcoin will fall down at $2000. Now i buy so small with my capital because the price is suddenly increased again but still this is better than $4K. This value will goes up even more if China will lift the ban. Be on board before its too late again
Not only $4000 but will jump to previous it very soon. Little jumps are so amazing that they give chances for trade to buy more bitcoins. As earlier fortnight, it was so difficult to buy bitcoins the prices were so high and now see the buying prices are getting down. Chance to buy and definitely buyers will avail it.

We just need to wait when the prixe dalls down so we can grab the opportunity to have more btc, we should have patience and have enough time to save some to buy more when it drops.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
Farquit

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 03:12:14 PM

For now, I nothing to worry about because I have no btc yet and trying to earn. We just need to wait until prices drops. This little panics  allow many people to buy bitcoins. If bitcoin decreases, many people decided to sell their bitcoins in order to stop the losses but they must know that in the end, this prices will increase a little much higher than previous price.
JTASSOCIATES

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 03:22:00 PM

My opinion is Don't panic until it is very emergency you sell otherwise book the profit. Near future we are going to face the recession again like 2008 in 2018 that's the time will deside what and how Bitcoin going to back up the global croypto currency domination.

Waiting for the moment of right correction and play carefully. Nothing is constant in this world so we should not panic let it to as it is and do our level best in focusing for better future.

▂▂▃▃  TRADE CRYPTOCURRENCIES | INDEXES | FUNDS ▃▃▂▂
●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬● BITOTAL.COM ●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●
░▒▓█ DEPOSIT BONUS | 0% TRADE FEES | WIDE COIN OFFER | EXCLUSIVE ICO'S █▓▒░
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 03:32:06 PM

The small panics are definitely helpful to spread Bitcoin for more population. As far as I have seen, there is always someone on the corner of the road to join the crypto revolution.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
ccowl

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 03:36:26 PM

Panic is good for investors and long term holders, but it isn't good for people who want to use bitcoin as cash. Stable price will make BTC more mature and usable as cash.
vadimkavp

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 03:47:10 PM

They prevent Bitcoin from becoming a true bubble, which would be disastrous. The level of incomprehension regarding Bitcoin is still very high. Jamie Dimon's recent comments show that, like Warren Buffet before him (as of a few months ago anyway), Dimon has no knowledge of how Bitcoin functions as a crowdsourced, decentralized, economical, sustainable, and fast method of immutable data-registration. If these guys don't know, it's a given that lots of recent easy-money chasers don't know either. A friend of mine says his grandfather was taught to drive a Model T by an elderly uncle who sat in the passenger seat with his hand on the emergency brake and yelled Whoa! Whoa! if they went faster than a trot. That's how a lot of people hold their bitcoins. They sit with their hand on the mouse and yell Sell! Sell! at the first hint of trouble. But that's good. Bitcoin can never become a bubble that way because it won't get high enough fast enough. It will slide and even crash from time to time, but since it has real utility (as opposed to tulips --- and the liar loans Dimon's company, J.P. Morgan, was fined $13 billion dollars for selling) Bitcoin will continue to climb after Buffet and Dimon have had uninformed say and momentarily clogged the exits with butts and elbows. As for rumor-mongering China, Bitcoin's Long March will continue there too.

Just sit back and hodl. If you can't hodl here, you are in the wrong game. Try the stock market.
My message
Loveydovey04

Activity: 392
Merit: 123

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 03:49:53 PM

I dunno why too many people coming out lately and show hatred and not trusting btc. So many issues this week regarding btc maybe this is some reasons why btc price is falling but I dont care I see whats happening to buy btc in cheaper price and wait for the pump to get decent profit. Good I still have few bucks to buy btc.
I am a little skeptic as to how these personalities degrade bitcoin lately. I am suspecting that they are having a personal motive for doing it. I was think, if they degrade bitcoin, will surely fluct down in price then a good opportunity for them to invest if it is a lot cheaper now but i dont think their negative comments will reduce bitcoin's value to zero.

pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 03:49:53 PM

I swear I was able to reinvest in cryptos because of the crash that bitcoin conceded which was followed by the other cryptos, well even though it's kinda selfish, IRL it's every man for himself like it or not. Even though everyone says to hodl, a very few people follow it because they will sell first and then buy back bitcoin again, that's how people's minds work.
BTW it's great that bitcoin will face these crashes and recover again, it will gain the confidence of people who understand on how market works.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1506

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 04:19:08 PM

They prevent Bitcoin from becoming a true bubble, which would be disastrous. The level of incomprehension regarding Bitcoin is still very high... Bitcoin can never become a bubble that way because it won't get high enough fast enough. It will slide and even crash from time to time, but since it has real utility (as opposed to tulips --- and the liar loans Dimon's company, J.P. Morgan, was fined $13 billion dollars for selling) Bitcoin will continue to climb after Buffet and Dimon have had uninformed say and momentarily clogged the exits with butts and elbows. As for rumor-mongering China, Bitcoin's Long March will continue there too.

I totally agree with you and I want to thank you for the post because in the “Bitcoin Discussion” section we get very low quality initial posts, usually due to newbies.

As for what you comment, I would go further: the fact that an asset is overpriced in a certain moment doesn’t mean that it is a complete bubble and that it is going to blow up going down to zero value. Assets are usually overpriced and underpriced. Good investors buy underpriced assets and sell them, at least partially, when they are overpriced. Bad investors, however, do the opposite, they buy when they hear that an asset has reached an ATH, or some consecutive ATHs, and, when the natural correction comes, they panic and sell.

When btc reached 5.000$ I started to think that it was going too fast, so what has come afterwards seems to me a natural correction. If you have done your homework, that is, researching about bitcoin and knowing why you are investing in it, what you have to do when dips come is hodl.

MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:21:37 PM

It happens once in a while as the concept of using cryptocurrencies is still in its infancy. But I think it will happen less and less as it gets more mainstream and accepted by society at large.
it is really helpful for the traders who are looking for the short term profit. at the time of this type of panic people who are regular trader buy at low price and sold when the panic solve. it has also a drawback for short term traders who have invested in it before panic but for long term it doesn't really matters.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: