Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:47:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Euphoria not reached?  (Read 407 times)
CoinsCoinsEverywhere (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:16:01 PM

In this coindesk article (https://www.coindesk.com/correction-not-crash-bitcoin-price-eyes-3000-traders-take-profits/), the author writes:

Euphoria not reached

As we analyze the current markets, it’s important to remember bull markets are built  on fear and skepticism, while major market tops are the product of extreme euphoria.

Most investment banks have been and still call bitcoin a “scam.” Every week, we see some stock market expert drawing parallels between the bitcoin rally and stock market bubbles seen over the last 100 years. Thus, despite the 416% year-to-date gains in bitcoin, it is safe to say that there are no signs of Euphoria.

In fact, the first sign of bitcoin nearing a major top would be investment banks boarding the cryptocurrency freight train.

More likely then is that what we’re seeing now is a technical pull back. Following a stupendous rally, investors are looking for reasons to take profit.

I was surprised by this.  I've seen an awful lot of optimism on the boards lately.  I agree that investment banks jumping on the train with huge purchases would be a sign of nearing a major market top, but that would be the ultimate, long-term market top.  If/when that happens, bitcoin will reach a saturation point, and factor-of-10 price increases will be a thing of the past.  But I think that's much further out than what happens to the recent bull run to $5000.

Do you think the market has become euphoric on the way to $5000, such that this may indicate a short/medium-term top, or do you think this really is just a pullback from which we'll recover over the next couple/few weeks?

randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:19:41 PM

It is in interesting point of view regarding reaching euphoria, I think we are actually a long way from that stage. There have been a few major hits to the market in the last couple of weeks but the market seems to have far a large part just soaked it up. A large part depends on where you see btc ending up, if it is to be a success and a mainstay then I think the idea of the price reaching a stagnation point is quite likely, however if btc were to fail for some reason then obviously the only stagnation point is zero.

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:45:21 PM

Euphoria? We're far from reaching one. We'd get there if everyone and their mothers, including those who doubted bitcoin big time buying in the hype train and making the thing overshoot. It's a plausible idea, considering that overall market saturation isn't that big and majority of the coins are still being held by a few rich guys.

$5000 isn't the market top, and we can still see huge gains for the next months or so. Investors are just reaping profits and trying to make as much money they could before this thing takes off again.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:48:10 PM

It's going to be many years before you see investment banks - A - actually having a vehicle to get on board, B - thinking it's a good idea.

That'll be the equivalent or more of the dotcom bubble. We're nowhere compared to that stage still.

There's been no shortage of euphoria in alts. Perhaps Bitcoin attracted the last gasps of that euphoria before it all goes quiet again for a while.

hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 2148

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:16:15 PM

When the price grows very quickly with very few dips, everyone start expecting a correction - some people though that $4,000 would be a local top, then $4,500, but as we reached $5,000 the Chinese FUD started emerging, and since that price was very high and unstable, the pullback was pretty big. The timing of this FUD also seems suspicious, perhaps the Chinese didn't want Bitcoin to rise so fast, and want some more time to buy cheaper coins. Anyway, the bulls are still strong as market makers fight for $4,000 zone, which is already a very high value if you'll compare it with what we had just few months ago. So, the macro trend is still very bullish. After all, we had a 2 year long price suppression, so there's probably still a lot of steam to keep going for at least 0.5-2 years.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5079

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:42:43 AM

How can it be a euphoria when big banksters are calling it a "fraud" and a "pyramid scheme"?
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 01:13:53 AM

There's been no shortage of euphoria in alts. Perhaps Bitcoin attracted the last gasps of that euphoria before it all goes quiet again for a while.

The only reasonable explanation I can think of -- if the long term top is in -- is that there will be no euphoria in BTC this time around. Maybe all the hype went into altcoins like Ethereum, Decred and Stratis, and ICOs... and Bitcoin was just along for the ride.

But I'll say this much. 320% over the previous ATH and no blow-off top on the weekly or monthly charts? That ain't euphoria in my book. I think most old timers would agree.

Either the top isn't in, or this time really is different.
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 01:18:09 AM

>20k $ per coin and we will see some insanity going on here and around the world.  Wink
CoinsCoinsEverywhere (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:50:23 AM

Ok, so it sounds like at least some of you don’t think we’ve hit the euphoric stage yet.  Fair enough.  Perhaps I’m mistaking general bullishness for euphoria.  I didn’t join bitcointalk until after the 2013 $1100 price spike, so I don’t know what the vibe was like back then.  Would you say that people were more bullish/euphoric when it hit $1000 for the first time than they are now?  The price acceleration at that time seemed to indicate euphoria....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: