Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:21:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the buyers move to anonymous coins?  (Read 1321 times)
glynbueso (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:47:49 PM

Hi guys. We know that Bitcoin will be the first coin for some years at least.

But I´m thinking about China and the negative to accept Bitcoin. In this case, will the people move to anonymous coins? I have some examples:

*DASH
*MONERO
*DEEPONION (after Deepsend and Deeptrust will be implemented)
*ETC.

Is there a trend to buy more anonymous coins in the short / medium term? What do you think?

Thanks.

statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:52:05 PM

I am investing in this trend also, but prefer ZEC (building atomic swaps for decentralized exchange) and XZC (no trusted setup, code is based on bitcoin)

XSPEC is a good dark horse. Ring sigs of Monero without the downsides of cryptonote

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:53:34 PM

No i dont think that any other coin can take position of Bitcoin. as Bitcoin is not controlled by any developer and it is open source but other coins are controlled by their developers and anytime that coin can get dead or become scrap price.
cenicsoft

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 09:55:07 PM

The challenge with government regulation is the conversion from crypto to fiat, not so much the privacy of transactions. People using crypto for legitimate purposes, including trading don't seem to care much about transaction anonymity.

For dark web type transactions, I think you'll see the use of anonymous coins rise and for on blockchain transactions between large organizations that want to transfer large amounts of money without the public knowing about it.

BannerCoin - officially trading on EtherDelta.
BannerView.com - Energize your Business Online, powered by BannerOS, the platform that turns your website into a powerful business tool.
creative~mind

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:49:00 PM

It's something that is going to attract a lot of speculators. But keep in mind that anonymity is also coming to Bitcoin, MimbleWimble seems to be a very solid technology.

⚪ Byteball (https://byteball.org/)     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.0)          TELEGRAM (https://t.me/byteball)          TWITTER (https://twitter.com/ByteballOrg)          MEDIUM (https://medium.com/byteball)          SLACK (https://slack.byteball.org/)          REDDIT (https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/)
baam25

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:51:19 PM

Deeponion has too many shills on here so I don't trust it

I trust pivx and xvg and cloak

Privacy coins are doing to be absolutely huge in the future
mnemonicsoup

Activity: 200
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:59:39 PM

In order for a currency to be properly anonymous, it has to be truly fungible and that is where Dash, ZEC, Pivx and most others fall flat on their face. That is why I believe in Monero. All the FUD against Monero has been debunked. Put in the effort, read up on the topic.
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:28:57 PM

Of course you would include deeponion, understandable though. I don't think people would move to one of these coins or any other coin just because of what China did. Sure they'd use those for trading, but they won't move or choose other coins over bitcoin.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:36:06 PM

People will just do nothing with their bitcoin, everyone has a big trust to bitcoin and what's happening on it now is just a challenge that has been happening before. People will remain to invest in bitcoin and will keep on holding their btc's. And for those medium term of holding for another alt coin there are a lot of it but we don't know what's the most preferred.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Timeclo

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:42:41 PM

I think the privacy coins are trendy right now and it has a good reason. Not being able to track all your transactions and purchases and sells is a good benefit to the coin. I definitely want to do more research on these types of coins and invest in a couple.
ManOnTheMoon

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 11:45:03 PM

Jesus, DeepOnion airdrops really did a number on people. It's literally just a token with Tor built in. Tor nodes are notorious for easy to be compromised, so I fail to see how ONION is a truly anonymous coin.

The only real anon coins atm are XMR, it's fork Sumocoin, and XSPEC, as mentioned.

ETH: 0xff90080d7db05ced501f273548841a2c39cf6463
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:47:12 PM

Anonymous coins will never be accepted in countries like China. Look how restrictive they are with something that can be tracked. Likely, many other countries including the United States will ban them if they ever become popular. Just think about it, the policing agencies will never accept not being able to track drug money. It's that simple. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just delusional. Anonymous coins are the riskiest to own because when the hammer comes down they will be nearly worthless.
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:11:00 AM

Bitcoin is the king.. I don't think that users will divert to anonymous coins as its likely to give them loss in long term and current dip in the price of bitcoin is temporary there is nothing at all to worry.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:20:49 AM

Anonymous coins will never be accepted in countries like China. Look how restrictive they are with something that can be tracked. Likely, many other countries including the United States will ban them if they ever become popular. Just think about it, the policing agencies will never accept not being able to track drug money. It's that simple. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just delusional. Anonymous coins are the riskiest to own because when the hammer comes down they will be nearly worthless.

The "follow the money trail" approach. But coins are mixable. Fun fact: This is how we do it, using bitcoin, since ages.
Deeponion actually never was needed.

What icks me more is the "follow the postoffice trail" approach. If any household ordered a parcel AND some tor network useage has been logfiled during the last monthes from the internet access of this household, the parcel gets inspected. Plain simple.
VPN useage getting filed as tor useage.
Rastadon

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:48:39 AM

But I´m thinking about China and the negative to accept Bitcoin. In this case, will the people move to anonymous coins? I have some examples:

*DASH
*MONERO
*ETC.

Is there a trend to buy more anonymous coins in the short / medium term? What do you think?

Thanks.

DASH and monero still become the best choice, but can you stop to mentioned the deep onion on your list, this looks you re a sales for the deep onion project to advertise its project everywhere.

Like you are making the deeponion such a crap one.

sunhany

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:58:32 AM

*DASH
*MONERO
*ETC.

Thanks.

Yes the trend live and running as we speak.

China just wants control over everything, BTC is relative new so they are on trial and error phase which is great for speculators and holders.

People are alredy moving to Monero and Dash but BTC is the most know crypto, word of mouth plays an important roll to where people tend to go.
aeternus

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:43:23 AM

*DASH
*MONERO
*ETC.

Thanks.

Some people may choose to do that but do not expect to see any kind of big movement to those coins, not many people in the forum need to reach that kind of privacy with their coins, so while it may seem a good idea I do not think those coins are going to get as much support as you think.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:52:35 AM

We know that Bitcoin will be the first coin for some years at least.
that will be many long years without any competition. sadly the altcoin market is not even close to some real usages.

But I´m thinking about China and the negative to accept Bitcoin.
there has been nothing negative about China and bitcoin!!!
there has been FUD about China and bitcoin and that is very different.

banning ICOs or regulating exchanges to prevent money laundering is not called "negative to accept bitcoin."

In this case, will the people move to anonymous coins?
in any case if the FUD were true some day. that is only going to be 1 country. it won't change anything at all.
and since people are trading around here and they ban exchanges they can not trade "anything" not just bitcoin. it won't matter if the coin is anonymous when the exchanges are closed.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Will.Smith

Activity: 415
Merit: 103

"Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty"

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 03:00:38 AM

While DASH, PIVX and XMR looks like best choices, but the coins like XVG has good potential and they are also much cheaper. I dont think we can compare them together in the technical part but if we looking for the good speculations then it could be it.

BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 03:47:56 AM

No they won't!

anonymous altcoins will always remain a currency to be used for illegal activities in the dark web and not much else in other places in real world and that is fine.

plus there will be nothing wrong with bitcoin, and there is nothing coming. it will remain the same and continue being adopted and grow.

of course trading is different. anon coins might see a pump if a hype really takes place and then fall down like always.

--looking for signature--
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: