Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:30:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think of PhenixCoin?  (Read 991 times)
Bismark (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 02:39:36 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2013, 03:37:49 PM by Bismark

What do you think of PhenixCoin?
aglebov

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 02:44:02 PM

Never heard of it. Could you post a link?
Bismark (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 02:47:29 PM

Never heard of it. Could you post a link?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211165.0
The_Catman

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 02:49:04 PM

It seems like it's designed almost exclusively for use on their poker sites, no?

Bismark (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 02:53:06 PM

The developer plans probably some other gambling sites. At least there is an application for this coins. The other altcoins have no application.
The_Catman

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 02:56:02 PM

At least there is an application for this coins. The other altcoins have no application.

I don't get this mentality. What's the application for any currency other then to use as money to pay for things?

Yeah, many of the altcoins are absolute garbage, but others experiment with new features and functions differing from that of bitcoin, and that's important. This is the kind of development Satoshi wanted.

Bismark (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 02:58:56 PM

I've never understood why technical particularities are important for altcoins. CNC and WDC were super fast. now they are super fast gone.
lazydna

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 03:04:56 PM

I've never understood why technical particularities are important for altcoins. CNC and WDC were super fast. now they are super fast gone.

Wow, you're so new you think CNC and wdc represent the alt coin market.

The_Catman

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 03:05:59 PM

And now we know making it super fast is not a vital function for the coin.

Though, people with mentality's like yours are also part of the reason why altcoins have so much difficulty standing on their own.

The_Catman

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 03:06:49 PM

Well this is the newbie board.

Bismark (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 03:10:34 PM

no, but there are examples of these market.

Why would anyone buy a coin, if he can only exchange for bitcoins. Only the litecoins have a sense. They are fast enough. So there is the bitcoins: you believe in their worth, the LTC: they are fast. and the other alt coins? There are blessed with features that nobody needs. maybe it is time for a coin, the use is for anything.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 03:11:08 PM

So it's just a clone of litecoin?  Why make a new one?
Bismark (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 03:12:03 PM

Should people only write: "hello world, my first post .." ?
lazydna

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 03:15:39 PM

Or maybe people can read the stickies on the alt forums before asking questions that have been asked hundreds of times, ya, you're a newbie that's fine but is it really hard to do a bit of research with the search function before asking? 

Bismark (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 03:16:58 PM

So it's just a clone of litecoin?  Why make a new one?

Strictly speaking, it is a good question. why you need new coins? perhaps it is a mix of technical renewal and the plan for a good application for these coins in the backround.
Bismark (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 03:17:54 PM

Or maybe people can read the stickies on the alt forums before asking questions that have been asked hundreds of times, ya, you're a newbie that's fine but is it really hard to do a bit of research with the search function before asking? 

what an incredible arrogant idiocy
lazydna

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 03:19:13 PM

no, but there are examples of these market.

Why would anyone buy a coin, if he can only exchange for bitcoins. Only the litecoins have a sense. They are fast enough. So there is the bitcoins: you believe in their worth, the LTC: they are fast. and the other alt coins? There are blessed with features that nobody needs. maybe it is time for a coin, the use is for anything.

Ppc does proof of stake which is significantly different from other alt coins. Or after all the forks, the most established and first proof of stake coin.

lazydna

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 03:21:09 PM

Pointint out your ignorance is neither arrogant nor idiotic, only a reasonable Attempt to shame you into using the search feature.

Bismark (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 03:22:51 PM

Pointint out your ignorance is neither arrogant nor idiotic, only a reasonable Attempt to shame you into using the search feature.

maybe just a try to start a discussion where new members also can participate?
lazydna

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 03:25:49 PM

maybe just a try to start a discussion where new members also can participate?

Or trying to build hype with these new bullshit alt coins springing up everyweek with a new account. Whereas recommending the stickie on the alternate currencies on that forum would be the best place to guide newbies, you pick the pump and dump coin of the week with a new account.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: