Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:43:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: My opinion why btc falls, others prosper.  (Read 908 times)
dallas1819 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:49:47 PM

Bitcoin was the first of its kind, i first heard of it in 2011, and didn't think anything of it.... i feel very few people at first didn't invest much, but the people who did invest didn't have to invest much money, when it first came out, if you had invested $10, you would have a nice fortune now....because its sitting in the thousands now, i feel very few people for this reason wont invest in it, even if i did a $1000 now, i think it would take forever to see a huge outcome compared to the first investors. i feel the majority of the overall bitcoin online is from people who first bought in.  Due to this i get the impression bitcoin will fall drastically here soon.   

Now that people see the uses and market for online currencys, a lot more people are paying attention to it, due to this, I'm feel the average person will invest in other coins like ethereum, ltc....etc, hoping for a big outcome like bitcoin had. 

Any opinions/advice is welcomed Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1316
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 11:59:56 PM

Bitcoin was the first of its kind, i first heard of it in 2011, and didn't think anything of it.... i feel very few people at first didn't invest much, but the people who did invest didn't have to invest much money, when it first came out, if you had invested $10, you would have a nice fortune now....because its sitting in the thousands now, i feel very few people for this reason wont invest in it, even if i did a $1000 now, i think it would take forever to see a huge outcome compared to the first investors. i feel the majority of the overall bitcoin online is from people who first bought in.  Due to this i get the impression bitcoin will fall drastically here soon.    

Now that people see the uses and market for online currencys, a lot more people are paying attention to it, due to this, I'm feel the average person will invest in other coins like ethereum, ltc....etc, hoping for a big outcome like bitcoin had.  

I know bitcoin from the past year i think 2011 but honestly i don't even know what it is but there are some people offering bitcoin but actually i'm curious .. if i know that bitcoin can bring me a good future maybe i bought a lots of bitcoin and save and sell for today..
But since don't have any knowledge about bitcoin before i just ignore it and look for other ways of to earn because i was looking for extra earnings online before and seen PTC that actually waste of time..
Until i found a essay site which is paying in bitcoin until i saw that bitcoin has value i think 2014 and now i was earn bitcoin from making essay i stop making because  it is hard to make an essay.. and now i found this forum until i seen the price movement of the price is really increase a lot.. and invest few until i found altcoin honestly i'm not invested in ethereum since i was not too active trader and i am not pro in trade but i have few altcoins like dogecoin and litecoin and other cryptocurrency.. and maybe someday that it can be the same as bitcoin that increase a lot hope it can be happen in the future..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:01:04 AM

I agree that 'mainstream' people love their ETH. They don't know the problems with it but they'll invest thousands into it.

As for Bitcoin, it's actually finite (much unlike ETH) so it doesn't matter when you get into it, it will always grow in comparison to a currency that is constantly losing its buying power. Also, we're still generating BTC12.5 every 10 minutes or so and we're still seeing huge rises! We should be losing value every day not gaining it, yet here we are, up 500% this year. Everything will even out as less and less bitcoins are generated.

Everyone wishes they owned bitcoins in 2011. It's unrealistic because I had never even heard of them and wasn't about to do a Google search for 'decentralized online currency'. Don't worry about the past, because you can't change it. You're free to change the future however you'd like though.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 03:16:09 AM

the people who did invest didn't have to invest much money, when it first came out, if you had invested $10, you would have a nice fortune now....because its sitting in the thousands now, i feel very few people for this reason wont invest in it, even if i did a $1000 now, i think it would take forever to see a huge outcome compared to the first investors.
consider this:
shares of a lot of companies in the world have been stupidly cheap when they started. companies such as Apple, or Facebook,... and now they are stupidly high.
obviously many bought them when they were cheap.

do you think nobody is buying them now just because those first wave bought it cheap and are now rich because they were fast and wiser?

yeah, well the same way the average person invests in penny stocks in the hope for a big outcome they also invest in altcoins for the same hope. sometimes they get their wish if they are fast and dump after the pump and sometimes they get the sharp end of the knife when they buy after the pump and get dumped on.

but they won't "prosper"!

--looking for signature--
jhayzxenon

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:28:18 PM

heard of bitcoin as well from 2011, i don't have any idea about it besides being used as an anonymous currency in the deepweb.

if you think bitcoin is kind of expensive right now because people back then bought them cheap, think again after some years later and compare the gap of now and then. don't take my word for it but it will continue to grow.
doublebit21

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:01:23 AM

Bitcoin was the first of its kind, i first heard of it in 2011, and didn't think anything of it.... i feel very few people at first didn't invest much, but the people who did invest didn't have to invest much money, when it first came out, if you had invested $10, you would have a nice fortune now....because its sitting in the thousands now, i feel very few people for this reason wont invest in it, even if i did a $1000 now, i think it would take forever to see a huge outcome compared to the first investors. i feel the majority of the overall bitcoin online is from people who first bought in.  Due to this i get the impression bitcoin will fall drastically here soon.   

First of all, no one knows for sure. Roughly every 10 mins, 25 new BTC are issued ("block reward"). At ~$230 per BTC, that's ~$830K new BTC a day (25 x 6 x 24 x 230). As many miners sell most of the block reward to recoup the cost of mining, for bitcoin's price to remain constant, these new BTC have to be absorbed (=bought) by market participants. While the number of transactions are trending upwards (see Bitcoin Number of Transactions excluding Popular Addresses), it seems that there is not as much new interest in investing into bitcoin at the moment. Interest has stabilized, but may not be outstripping demand. So - do I believe Bitcoin will prevail? Absolutely. It will also probably make a great long term investment, but in the short term the price may even drop further.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:48:14 AM

I see the exact opposite.

Altcoin ICOs guarantees that basically an elite select few are able to gain most of the coins in circulation. Bitcoin, even though it was cheap at the beginning had no ICOs whatsoever. Sure, it had early adopters, but only a few has held onto their coins and only the smart investors who have bought or held early still hold a lot of coins right now.

Plus, altcoins are in a bubble right now. Bitcoin dominance is less than 50%, which is truly an anomaly. I think BTC will go up or stabilize next year, whilst altcoins crash.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:14:35 AM

heard of bitcoin as well from 2011, i don't have any idea about it besides being used as an anonymous currency in the deepweb.

if you think bitcoin is kind of expensive right now because people back then bought them cheap, think again after some years later and compare the gap of now and then. don't take my word for it but it will continue to grow.

If you don't have an idea of the applications of Bitcoin that spread beyond the deep web, you should research into the amount of places that have started to accept it as payment. Furthermore, look into the blockchain technology advancements. There have been pushes to implement the technology in numerous areas across tech companies. The more widely accepted it is, the more widely accepted Bitcoin is.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
Eric Cartman

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:16:37 AM

Bitcoin is not falling long term.

Also very few coins prosper and don't collapse in the long term

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Mysterious01

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:15:55 AM

Many will surely try to invest in other crypto currencies that will prosper like bitcoin had but as you can see there are many candidate that you can choose.
Wise investors are putting there invest not in one basket only. But as of now bitcoin is also profitable investment that you can lean on for your investment so I can say that we should choose wisely in every investment that we put.
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:10:50 AM

Bitcoin is not falling long term.

Also very few coins prosper and don't collapse in the long term

This is so true especially among altcoins. Just calculate the total number of altcoins created till now and see how much actually exists now which have some decent value and the have demand in the market. It will be handful of coins which will prosper and have future as well. Rest will go down in vain.
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:54:10 AM

bitcoin is the first crypto type that appears in the form of digital currency, of course the developers continue to improve the function of the bitcoin itself. I think the bitcoin value will continue to increase although there are other types of coins that can compete with bitcoin values ​​like Eth. Eth is just the kind of coin that just emerged when compared to bitcoin,Although the value of Eth beat bitcoin price of course this is a temporary increase in prices. As we know and we feel in this year bitcoin value continues to increase drastically from the previous year.
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:01:53 PM

I just checked markets and saw that specially in yobit there are too many shitcoins for 1 satoshi and there are huge amount of bitcoin sleeping in these coins.
this is a really big market all sleeping and not in circulation.
Almat

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:11:12 PM

I see where you're coming from. It's true that people wanting a massive boom will look at altcoins with potential. To buy these altcoins though, you're most likely going to need Bitcoins. And Bitcoin value is still rising, and still has a lot of potential for growth. You're already holding some, so why would you dump it all on altcoins? This is why no altcoin will dethrone Bitcoins anytime soon.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:15:05 PM

you can prosper every time the market falls and bounces back, just use the fundamentals of investing, first do not place all your eggs in basket, meaning you should not just invest in one cryptocurrency, remember that bitcoin is the dominant cryptocurrency now, but there are also a lot of cryptocurrencies out there, try investing in them as well, so whenever bitcoin's price drop, you still have other cryptocurencies that can compensate with the drop of bitcoin's price and it may also exceed the value of the drop of bitcoin, it is like preparing yourself for an inflation, some cryptocurrencies may have a lot of gain during bitcoin's price drop. next, is always buy low and sell high, this is very common, whenever bitcoin's price drop, buy as much bitcoin as you can, and that is called cost averaging, the scenario is, if you bought 1 bitcoin for 5000 usd, when the price is high and it went down to 4000 usd, and you bought it at that price, and the price went back again to 5000 usd, and you have a total value of 10000 usd of bitcoin, the average price that you bought your existing bitcoin is just 4500 usd, and in that scenario, you gain 500 usd, thus giving you a huge profit. i think those 2 are the bast way to still prosper in bitcoin even if the price goes down, since that's the method i've been using and it works for me.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:27:09 PM

This is bitcoin we are talking here it will surely cover a big leap in the price and not all people would surely notice it that is why many people doesn't put faith it is because bitcoin back then is a nobody and you would just recognize it as a scam and a fraud back then bu if you would just gain knowledge towards it you will see what bitcoin can really do, and the bitcoin fall in value is just a dip it will be a dip now but in the future there will be much more rise in the future.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:33:01 PM

Bitcoin was the first of its kind, i first heard of it in 2011, and didn't think anything of it.... i feel very few people at first didn't invest much, but the people who did invest didn't have to invest much money, when it first came out, if you had invested $10, you would have a nice fortune now....because its sitting in the thousands now, i feel very few people for this reason wont invest in it, even if i did a $1000 now, i think it would take forever to see a huge outcome compared to the first investors. i feel the majority of the overall bitcoin online is from people who first bought in.  Due to this i get the impression bitcoin will fall drastically here soon. Now that people see the uses and market for online currencies, a lot more people are paying attention to it, due to this, I'm feel the average person will invest in other coins like ethereum, ltc....etc, hoping for a big outcome like bitcoin had. Any opinions/advice is welcomed Smiley

I understand where you are coming from and the idea that you are trying to share. However, things does not automatically works that way. Yes, many of us may feel that investing money in Bitcoin right now many not anymore be very viable because it has risen in value astronomically and the return may not be the same compared to those who made it in its early stage.

The reasoning can be flawed because it can be based on the assumption that Bitcoin can be playing on the same market but we are seeing more and more markets being opened for Bitcoin. There are more players and buyers entering into Bitcoin everyday and many of them are very enthusiastic about its future. Another trend for Bitcoin is the coming of fund managers or those who are pooling funds from their clients and this is a big market too.

People who are interested with other coins are also using Bitcoin as the currency to buy them and when they feel that it is time to sell those altcoins they usually converted them into Bitcoin again. This is just the dynamic of the market and once the market is getting bigger and bigger you don't have to worry about your concern here.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:03:50 PM

Only idiots would invest in garbage with low marketcaps hoping that they pump, and this is what people that invest in random altcoins hope.

People that's smart and want a position in crypto will still have Bitcoin as the #1 time-tested store of value to hold. You can release as many altcoins as you want, none can claim 8 years of uptime and counting.
This is not as easy as "oh BTC will not go up anymore because it's too high already, let's buy shitcoin X"

In fact, BTC marketcap is still tiny compared to the rest of the world, so you are still early.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:08:17 PM

Once people ignored, but the growth has made the people invest into it and get profited. During those days it seems to be an affordable price for almost all levels of people. Now the scenario is different, the price has gone much higher and certain level of people had turned their attention towards Eth and other digital currencies which too has got the potential to pump much higher. I consider bitcoin cash to be an affordable version of bitcoin, because it surely reaches big price as it is a split happened from the main chain. Similarly can find several digital currencies which are to provide good profit for the investment.
carlerha

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:18:15 AM

Only idiots would invest in garbage with low marketcaps hoping that they pump, and this is what people that invest in random altcoins hope.

People that's smart and want a position in crypto will still have Bitcoin as the #1 time-tested store of value to hold. You can release as many altcoins as you want, none can claim 8 years of uptime and counting.
This is not as easy as "oh BTC will not go up anymore because it's too high already, let's buy shitcoin X"

In fact, BTC marketcap is still tiny compared to the rest of the world, so you are still early.

yes in fact no one know that what will happen to the market in future, even we cannot predict  about price of bitcoin or for any other altcoin, but still it is too much important to have good study about the market. we should get the opinion and speculation of the expert people, because some time their speculation proof as correct, for example in previous days the investors and expert were confident about the price of bitcoin that it will rise again and now we can see that the price of bitcoin once again trading above 4000$, which is really a very good sigh for the future of bitcoin.
alfaruq

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:14:01 AM

I don't think so, currently bitcoin is still in the development stage means it has great potential to keep increasing. There are still many companies that have not received bitcoin use, if for example more banak companies accept bitcoin use and if more countries manage bitcoin like Japan, more stores and merchants will accept bitcoin payment, then the bitcoin exchange rate will be higher than current price
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:23:34 AM

Probably true. A lot of people are investing in altcoins, hoping one of them will be the Bitcoin killer. Another reason for people moving away from Bitcoin is the scaling debate. That is when the altcoin rally started.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:23:58 AM

Hang on. For the most part, isn't it true that when btc went down, the other altcoins did too? Especially with the china thing, bitcoin and almost all of the other altcoins tanked. Even ether had a pretty big drop. Is it just because the news affected more than just bitcoin?

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:32:52 PM

Probably true. A lot of people are investing in altcoins, hoping one of them will be the Bitcoin killer. Another reason for people moving away from Bitcoin is the scaling debate. That is when the altcoin rally started.

There's no such thing as bitcoin killer, everyone claiming to have it has sold us vaporware thus far, or plain clones of bitcoin sold as something new when they aren't.

I wish someone had a real bitcoin killer that beats it on every department, because that would mean getting rich was very possible, but I dont see it happening to be honest. Bitcoin remains the best, with the most devs, the most peer review, the most liquidity, the most hashrate, the longest surviving blockchain... you name it. That's a lot of things to beat.
ekoice

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:25:16 AM

Bitcoin is not in its end stage for people to think that even if they invest $1,000 today,they won't be getting huge returns as early investors.Bitcoin price was only $650 just last year and now,its price is almost $4,300.It has almost increased seven times than its previous price.So,what else return could be expected from bitcoin?

Another point that bitcoin price is higher and so people would start to invest in other coins like ethereum seems not to be a wise decision because we don't know actually whether those altcoins would give such huge returns like bitcoin.There is a huge difference between a horse and a donkey.It seems that you are saying that a person who wants to buy a horse would just instead buy a donkey since its price is less.No one would do that.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:21:26 PM

this theory was only true temporarily during the downtime of bitcoin where the altcoin market was being pumped to its maximum capacity. by that time bitcoin had a lot of "split FUD" and a lot of drops. (it is a couple of months before OP made this topic actually).
other times, when things are normal and the pumping season is over, when bitcoin falls other fall too.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████