Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:05:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My opinion why btc falls, others prosper.  (Read 915 times)
alfaruq

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:14:01 AM

Bitcoin was the first of its kind, i first heard of it in 2011, and didn't think anything of it.... i feel very few people at first didn't invest much, but the people who did invest didn't have to invest much money, when it first came out, if you had invested $10, you would have a nice fortune now....because its sitting in the thousands now, i feel very few people for this reason wont invest in it, even if i did a $1000 now, i think it would take forever to see a huge outcome compared to the first investors. i feel the majority of the overall bitcoin online is from people who first bought in.  Due to this i get the impression bitcoin will fall drastically here soon.   

Now that people see the uses and market for online currencys, a lot more people are paying attention to it, due to this, I'm feel the average person will invest in other coins like ethereum, ltc....etc, hoping for a big outcome like bitcoin had. 

Any opinions/advice is welcomed Smiley

I don't think so, currently bitcoin is still in the development stage means it has great potential to keep increasing. There are still many companies that have not received bitcoin use, if for example more banak companies accept bitcoin use and if more countries manage bitcoin like Japan, more stores and merchants will accept bitcoin payment, then the bitcoin exchange rate will be higher than current price
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:23:34 AM

Bitcoin was the first of its kind, i first heard of it in 2011, and didn't think anything of it.... i feel very few people at first didn't invest much, but the people who did invest didn't have to invest much money, when it first came out, if you had invested $10, you would have a nice fortune now....because its sitting in the thousands now, i feel very few people for this reason wont invest in it, even if i did a $1000 now, i think it would take forever to see a huge outcome compared to the first investors. i feel the majority of the overall bitcoin online is from people who first bought in.  Due to this i get the impression bitcoin will fall drastically here soon.   

Now that people see the uses and market for online currencys, a lot more people are paying attention to it, due to this, I'm feel the average person will invest in other coins like ethereum, ltc....etc, hoping for a big outcome like bitcoin had. 

Probably true. A lot of people are investing in altcoins, hoping one of them will be the Bitcoin killer. Another reason for people moving away from Bitcoin is the scaling debate. That is when the altcoin rally started.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:23:58 AM

Hang on. For the most part, isn't it true that when btc went down, the other altcoins did too? Especially with the china thing, bitcoin and almost all of the other altcoins tanked. Even ether had a pretty big drop. Is it just because the news affected more than just bitcoin?

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:32:52 PM

Probably true. A lot of people are investing in altcoins, hoping one of them will be the Bitcoin killer. Another reason for people moving away from Bitcoin is the scaling debate. That is when the altcoin rally started.

There's no such thing as bitcoin killer, everyone claiming to have it has sold us vaporware thus far, or plain clones of bitcoin sold as something new when they aren't.

I wish someone had a real bitcoin killer that beats it on every department, because that would mean getting rich was very possible, but I dont see it happening to be honest. Bitcoin remains the best, with the most devs, the most peer review, the most liquidity, the most hashrate, the longest surviving blockchain... you name it. That's a lot of things to beat.
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:25:16 AM

Bitcoin is not in its end stage for people to think that even if they invest $1,000 today,they won't be getting huge returns as early investors.Bitcoin price was only $650 just last year and now,its price is almost $4,300.It has almost increased seven times than its previous price.So,what else return could be expected from bitcoin?

Another point that bitcoin price is higher and so people would start to invest in other coins like ethereum seems not to be a wise decision because we don't know actually whether those altcoins would give such huge returns like bitcoin.There is a huge difference between a horse and a donkey.It seems that you are saying that a person who wants to buy a horse would just instead buy a donkey since its price is less.No one would do that.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:21:26 PM

this theory was only true temporarily during the downtime of bitcoin where the altcoin market was being pumped to its maximum capacity. by that time bitcoin had a lot of "split FUD" and a lot of drops. (it is a couple of months before OP made this topic actually).
other times, when things are normal and the pumping season is over, when bitcoin falls other fall too.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████