Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 08:13:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: mining in the office (hidden mining)  (Read 1085 times)
namjey (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 05:31:02 AM

Hey all. I have a PC in my office and I would like to use this opportunity and mine a little bit. The problem is that I can't bring my giant open air rig to office and start mining. So I want hidden mining using office PC. Unfortunately the office PC case is not big enough to put more then 2 gpus. I was wondering if anybody know of some kind of external GPU cases which can hold 2-3 gpus and can be attached to the pc. the case should be closed.

Neet help!!! Huh
sikkan

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 05:41:08 AM

There are a few solutions, but it will not stay very hidden since they are bulky, and your GPU(s) will run at full speed, generating alot of noise and heat. You can read more here: http://www.computershopper.com/feature/2017-guide-the-best-external-graphics-card-boxes-egpus

I wouldnt suggest any of it.. if you really want to have it a go, you need to check wheter your IT department allows you to mine. They can detect miners (as virus) and/or simply blocking mining ports in the firewall.

Just install one GPU in the current office PC you have. Thats how far I would take it.

▄▀▀▄         ▄▀▀▄
     ▀▄▄▀         ▀▄▄▀              ▄▄
       █           ▐▌           ▄▄▄█  █
       █      ▄▄████████▄▄    ▄█▀   ▀▀
       █▄▄▄▄████████████████▄█▀ 
         ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄ 
        ██████▀         ▐███████
 ▄▄    ▐█████▌   ▄████▄▄████████▌    ▄▄
█  █▄▄▄███████▄     ▀▀███████████▄▄▄█  █
 ▀▀    ██████████▄▄     ▀████████    ▀▀
       ▐███████▀▀████▀   ▐██████▌
        ██████▌         ▄███████
         ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
          ▄█████████████████▀▀▀▀█
        ▄█▀   ▀▀████████▀▀      █
       █▀          ▐▌           █
       █            ▀▀▀█        █
      ▄▀▀▄            ▄▀▀▄     ▄▀▀▄
      ▀▄▄▀            ▀▄▄▀     ▀▄▄▀

SOVREN

Blockchain Innovation for Securities Markets      Current STO Sale Price
          Trade. Pay. Borrow. Play.   ─────────────────────        1 SVRN = $1.00

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 05:51:05 AM

I wouldnt suggest any of it.. if you really want to have it a go, you need to check wheter your IT department allows you to mine. They can detect miners (as virus) and/or simply blocking mining ports in the firewall.

Just install one GPU in the current office PC you have. Thats how far I would take it.

Yeah, this sounds like a very cheap way to get fired or ruin a career. How much do you think you're going to mine with this small rig? You'd be better off doing more work, getting a raise in pay or bonus and then using that new money to buy bitcoin.

Tread carefully.
sikkan

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:53:41 AM

Yeah, this sounds like a very cheap way to get fired or ruin a career. How much do you think you're going to mine with this small rig? You'd be better off doing more work, getting a raise in pay or bonus and then using that new money to buy bitcoin.

Tread carefully.

Yeah, I agree. Better to just set up more miners at home. OR if one had access to the companys datacenter Wink.. but that would get you fired too Tongue

▄▀▀▄         ▄▀▀▄
     ▀▄▄▀         ▀▄▄▀              ▄▄
       █           ▐▌           ▄▄▄█  █
       █      ▄▄████████▄▄    ▄█▀   ▀▀
       █▄▄▄▄████████████████▄█▀ 
         ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄ 
        ██████▀         ▐███████
 ▄▄    ▐█████▌   ▄████▄▄████████▌    ▄▄
█  █▄▄▄███████▄     ▀▀███████████▄▄▄█  █
 ▀▀    ██████████▄▄     ▀████████    ▀▀
       ▐███████▀▀████▀   ▐██████▌
        ██████▌         ▄███████
         ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
          ▄█████████████████▀▀▀▀█
        ▄█▀   ▀▀████████▀▀      █
       █▀          ▐▌           █
       █            ▀▀▀█        █
      ▄▀▀▄            ▄▀▀▄     ▄▀▀▄
      ▀▄▄▀            ▀▄▄▀     ▀▄▄▀

SOVREN

Blockchain Innovation for Securities Markets      Current STO Sale Price
          Trade. Pay. Borrow. Play.   ─────────────────────        1 SVRN = $1.00

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
Javi_Anibarro

Activity: 1540
Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:04:42 AM

do not mining use GPU because from my calculation it's no longer profitable,
even though you did not buy it or paying the expenses but you should know the consequence runing it all day,
plus if they know about it you will get fired.
it's not worth for you and your risk is too big.
i suggest you to stop doing it before they know about what you have done.

Commie

Activity: 621
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:05:44 AM

I think you'll get some questions from your admin when he sees something like Corsair Obsidian 900 case sitting next to your desk Smiley

sabbathhawk

Activity: 266
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 09:45:56 AM

I'll advise not to use any rig in your office as it will be easy detectable. Just use power of your PC 24/7. You'll get at the moment not so much money but later after several years it could be pretty much... Better to take a small portion of pie for a long time rather one big at the moment and to be fired.
Instal nicehash miner on PC and run it 24/7 that is all. Super cheap, 0 investments, minimum risk and you'll get small but stable income. If you want more you can buy powerful graphic card (1060, 1070, 1080 or AMD) and install in to office PC
Good luck with that

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
LewisPirenne

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 11:43:00 AM

Unless you the head IT or Admin at the office, don't even try this.  I know some people who do this at the office.  But you get trivial amount for your effort.  If you are busted, you will probably lose your job.  So totally not worth it.
webvn2k

Activity: 335

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:26:26 PM

if someone know what do you do in the office , i think you need new job .
you don't ever use machine in the office to hidde mining , because  at the moment  someone will know ,not worth do it ..
you need invest than mining .
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 594

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 02:11:28 PM

I already met a guy that doing the exact same thing like this. He is mining at his office because all the electricity in their office was free so while he is working for about 12 hours a day then he decided to put something that is worth it that can give him profit and that is a mining rig but i think it is better if you will mine at your own place because that is illegal and you can be fired because of that hidden mining.
Jake052478

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

I will do wonder for YOU!!!

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 12:36:30 AM

Not a good idea... I have also thought of this before but this could cause you your dismissal from your work.  so before doing so, think twice my friend.
Morchid

Activity: 586
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 01:29:37 AM

I don't think the profit will be good enough from mining at work. You also risk getting fired if they find out. Not worth it IMO.
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 02:09:04 AM

Dude. Risk vs profit. The risk is much higher. So don't do it. You probably won't lose your job but it's not worth doing, you might get into some trouble doing things like that. It's always best to just be honest. Perhaps ask ? I think If it's an extra pc that is on all the time anyway then it will be ok. But please don't cripple company resources.

Give more info though. Where is this pc ? What's it used for ? If it's not used there then why is it there ?

mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 03:53:09 AM

Damn bro, I don't think I can mine in the office. Beside the spesification of the PC, because mining needs a fine mining rigs. Otherwise you will not get profit and get fired. The electricity bills will go up like a rocket and your boss will absolutely notice it. Don't try to mine in the office, unless you have a stupid boss and an office that know nothing about electricity and online business such Bitcoin.

Try another way to earn while you still at the office. For example : doing campaign in this forum or try building a website.
rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 04:08:39 AM

This setup up is not good. It is equivalent to stealing because you are using the company electricity.

Dont change the small amount of profit for your reputation. Good Luck

TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 04:15:33 AM

You got the title of this thread wrong. It should read "I want to steal electricity from my employer." This guy was sentenced to 12 months’ probation and fined $5,000 http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-30/former-fed-employee-sentenced-running-bitcoin-mining-software-fed-computer

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Ke!th

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:15:19 AM

mining need high power with support fast pc it is not   5+5 = ?  to use small pc to solve it
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1353

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:26:07 AM

Ha! Used to work in a BPO where every PCs and their mothers are connected to a central server. That was 2015, and I was kind of bored so I decided to try and see whether I can hack the central server just for the lulz. I got 4 PCs running on my will, and tried installing cuda miner on the pc that I'm using. Holy balls, it was not really worth it and I shut it down 3 hrs after running it.

Also, that's like the safest way on your road to jail and unemployment. Don't do that.
billy.ryoko

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 11:21:17 AM

You got the title of this thread wrong. It should read "I want to steal electricity from my employer." This guy was sentenced to 12 months’ probation and fined $5,000 http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-30/former-fed-employee-sentenced-running-bitcoin-mining-software-fed-computer

The guy have steal the electricity from the company over 2 year more, but not mention how many he earn during the 2 year. Huh

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
BobBct

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 12:53:18 AM

The thing you will do will be a risky thing because you can get fired instantly if they saw you what you are doing because their bills will go up and maybe your job will not finish so be aware what you will do.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: