Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 01:40:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Chinese Bitcoin Exchanges Will Likely Not Be Banned  (Read 765 times)
Mo9871 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:06:36 AM

https://themerkle.com/chinese-bitcoin-exchanges-will-likely-not-be-banned-after-all/

Very positive news. Let's start buying before it's late
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:11:49 AM

Great news, but let's take it with a grain of salt. This is Joseph Young posting at The Merkle, not any official news source. The story he is citing is this one from Bitcoin.com:

Following the rumors and hearsay, China’s National Internet Finance Association (NIFA) announced that exchanges dealing with cryptocurrency and ICOs had received many warnings in the past. NIFA states that any exchange operating in China currently has “no legal” authority to operate a virtual currency business at the moment.

“So-called “currency” trading platforms in China are not legally established,” reveals NIFA’s statement on September 13.

China’s regional media sources also confirm that exchanges will face stricter regulatory scrutiny, but claim that bitcoin is not banned nationwide. According to the reports, the next step will be strengthening cryptocurrency exchange supervision while also emphasizing that ICOs are still forbidden. One report explains regulators are merely “removing fraudulent projects without actual content.” However, even though some local reports state bitcoin exchanges will face more regulatory challenges they still may have to cease operations in the meantime.

An anonymous source told The Wall Street Journal that domestic cryptocurrency trading platforms will soon be closed down. The sources explained that regulatory officials were cryptic detailing the situation and would not reveal when the alleged exchange shut down would happen. “Too much disorder was naturally a basic reason” to stop cryptocurrency operations explained the news outlets’ source.

For now, every major Chinese cryptocurrency exchange is still operating, and the public doesn’t know if they will have to close down. Moreover, if exchanges are asked to close, then the trading platforms may have to get licensed before resuming financial operations.

The NIFA statement does not seem conclusive to me. It seems likely, all taken, that the exchanges will face additional scrutiny and a licensing regime will be developed. The question in that case is, will they be required to shut down in the meantime?

Anyway, now that the market has already dropped so much, I'm no longer sweating this. The damage is done. In "disaster trading" the rule is: sell the rumor, buy the news. Wink

metalbean

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:15:26 AM

They will not be banned, traders in China already know that. What they are figuring out is how to put forth new ICOs because Chinese cannot buy them now.

Tokens might still be sold in China post ICO overseas.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:21:00 AM

Doesn't surprise me at all, knew that this news was going to come sooner or later. It was a plot to weaken the Bitcoin price and guess what they succeeded, our community is is so weak that it blindly believed it and made a panic sale, how stupid can we be. Though I would say if you got cash now is the time to make some quick money, go for it, cause very soon we shall see prices rising.
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:00:26 AM

This was being said since the begging. They will not ban anything. Just try to adjust making some rules. Especially when using fiat money. But the thing is, they will freeze temporarily all transaction using CNY. Bitcoin, ICO and ALts. So, if people would need money in that time they will have to trade p2p
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:08:25 AM

Doesn't surprise me at all, knew that this news was going to come sooner or later. It was a plot to weaken the Bitcoin price and guess what they succeeded, our community is is so weak that it blindly believed it and made a panic sale, how stupid can we be. Though I would say if you got cash now is the time to make some quick money, go for it, cause very soon we shall see prices rising.

We should be learning big lessons from this latest big dip for Bitcoin. From now on we should start to disconnect China from the Bitcoin ecosystem especially its effect on the value. Now, the only problem is that people are so enamored with China that they keep on listening even just rumors reported to be news by the media and many Bitcoin enthusiasts. China is a country that sometimes be hard to understand that is why the Bitcoin community should make a stand that we should not be panicking fro any news coming this great country.
skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 11:53:56 PM

Turns out this is false. Bitcoin exchanges were just announced to be targeted (Chinese ones, that is), so if you are reading this and have money on them it is advisable you remove it ASAP.
Cloud27

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:32:45 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2017, 05:15:26 AM by Cloud27

China never banned bitcoin, they only wanted to regulate the exchanges. It is difficult and time consuming for both exchanges and clients to update their current data. It is better to close the exchanges and start from zero. China will start again with the new regulated exchanges.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 12:50:33 AM

I know where I would bet where we were today Smiley.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:54:00 AM

China never bitcoin, they only wanted to regulate the exchanges. It is difficult and time consuming for both exchanges and clients to update their current data. It is better to close the exchanges and start from zero. China will start again with the new regulated exchanges.
if they start from scratch then bitcoin prices will likely increase later after september. we know that the Chinese government will do the exchange on September 30th. this will make things clearer and hopefully the Chinese government can support bitcoin in the future.
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:57:04 AM

China never bitcoin, they only wanted to regulate the exchanges. It is difficult and time consuming for both exchanges and clients to update their current data. It is better to close the exchanges and start from zero. China will start again with the new regulated exchanges.
if they start from scratch then bitcoin prices will likely increase later after september. we know that the Chinese government will do the exchange on September 30th. this will make things clearer and hopefully the Chinese government can support bitcoin in the future.

they are just banning the illegal ICO right? if yes and not affecting bitcoin, i am in the dark that why the people investing bitcoin suddenly selling the bitcoin like in the market or an apocalypse? Huh that rumor is terrifying.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
Lenzie

Activity: 658
Merit: 254

For campaign management, please pm me.

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 01:14:01 AM

China problem will soon resolved and bitcoin will exceed the increase it has before the fork issue.
This was being said since the begging. They will not ban anything. Just try to adjust making some rules. Especially when using fiat money. But the thing is, they will freeze temporarily all transaction using CNY. Bitcoin, ICO and ALts. So, if people would need money in that time they will have to trade p2p
Indeed some people are just not into reading news. On the first news launched it already said that it will be stop for a moment. China only targeted those that are illegal. People fear those what they read indirectly from the news.

Bitcoin Mixer
▬▬ www.Go-Overt.com ▬▬
.............CLEARNET..........TORNET............
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀░░░░██████▄
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄█▀░░░░░░█████████
▀████████▌▐░░░░░░░████████▀
▀████████▄██▄░░████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀