Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:03:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Think about what Attcking nibble will achieve ....  (Read 1835 times)
frobley

Activity: 708
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:09:51 PM

Isn't THIS just another attempt to keep nibble on the front page again, like every other day....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hyoshi

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:44:49 PM

There's no way ASICS can attack scrypt and I doubt there are FPGA's there yet though there were some huge hashes hitting Goldcoin out of nowhere in last day or two that looked bit suspicious.

Anyway, this fearing stuff it's bit pathetic. If they are attacking it, they have some reason to do it but fear is not the one  Wink

I think that meant spare gpu rigs are used, but who knows could be B.S.

Probably, Goldcoin was attacked with 2GH, nothing too huge but for new coin it is, specially when difficulty retargeting is pretty slow. Someone's having fun I guess, there are few coins that are causing more problems to big ones taking a part of the market value, GoldCoin with it's price and Nibble without even being on exchange are not ones that would make someone worried.

It's twattish thing to do but people do all kind of stuff..
Nibble and GLDcoin are being attacked by some of the same IP's...

TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:53:21 PM

nibble is under attack by ASIC owners/ASIC supporters  - they have the belief that they can 51% attack nibble .

Think about this ..

Even if you succeed , I will take nibble off this forum , and if need be into the street on a one by one basis , slowly building a base of #.

in a way that would even be more equitable there would be literally nothing you could do about it , except wasting power chasing after block chains.

Think about who will win. But i guess you have to try ...

I have access to free power , my designs can be transferred easily I’m giving you an opportunity by being here , not the other way around. 

Do you really fear nibble that much?

If a small blue bird can scare all this ASIC investment, then it’s already doomed you realize?

If it’s not me , it will be someone else.

Its your flaw not ours , you are forced to attack , not us, long term , do some study and see how that works out for the attacker. . 

Someone has obviously lost his mind.
Hydroponica

Activity: 182

fml

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 06:41:29 PM

thanks guys ! : D

yeah Hydro i have a superiority complex and 100k of Worldcoin ! want to buy some ?

ha ha

Sure, stick em up your ass, I'll pay you later...
Funny, before today, I didn't even know of you, and your all over my ass. You even went digging through a buried thread, and reponded to an 8 day old post, to troll me....Are you and NWO like, you know, together?

Hydroponica

fml

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 06:44:20 PM

Reserved.

hyoshi

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 02:25:39 AM

I just don't get what they hope to achieve.

No way they can be successful.  They just make it annoying if you are running the QT client for any reason.  Key is though to keep clients running.  Let the IP's get banned.  If you shut down the client and re-open it, it will not remember the ban.
digitalindustry (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 09:45:16 AM

now that's actually funny ! ha ha !

and creative !

: D

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 09:48:16 AM

hyoshi  i want to use that image somewhere ! ha ha

maybe a stale ha ha or a rejected block !?

of course we shouldn't use the Twitter bird !

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Impaler

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:02:39 AM

Someone finally attacking all these useless clone coins, hallelujah!!!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 10:12:01 AM

thanks guys ! : D

yeah Hydro i have a superiority complex and 100k of Worldcoin ! want to buy some ?

ha ha

Sure, stick em up your ass, I'll pay you later...
Funny, before today, I didn't even know of you, and your all over my ass. You even went digging through a buried thread, and reponded to an 8 day old post, to troll me....Are you and NWO like, you know, together?

ok lets bury the hatchet - you bagged it - i responded , you know you jumped onto a pre mined spam coin , i know one of the Devs - they walked away from it .

its gone , best you can do is try to raise it but obviously now you have a different symbol so you have moved on, no problem.

nibble  is not being spammed out of the world here because we know this is a pretty narrow market – sCrypt is taking over anyhow – and the next iteration of sCrypt will do better and go further .

quick bucks or slow buck , I didn’t bag WDC it was always just what it was.  + I invented the name Luckycoin but didn’t want to be involved in a “spamcoin” originally it was going to be one of those lucky Chinese cats , you know. They wave their hands , (you’d have to be in Asia to know) . <(i'm in Australia)

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
mobodick

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:35:03 AM

No way they can be successful.  They just make it annoying if you are running the QT client for any reason.  Key is though to keep clients running.  Let the IP's get banned.  If you shut down the client and re-open it, it will not remember the ban.

Maybe their mission is to force you to fix the code to make these attacks not impact your coin.
When the 'developer' (that's you) tells his users to 'keep clients runnning' because 'If you shut down the client and re-open it, it will not remember the ban' then you know that the coin is doomed.
I mean, why is the ban list not stored to a file, for instance?

I wonder if you have the skills to be the lead developer of a crypto.
8kmode

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:49:04 AM

Maybe their mission is to force you to fix the code to make these attacks not impact your coin.
When the 'developer' (that's you) tells his users to 'keep clients runnning' because 'If you shut down the client and re-open it, it will not remember the ban' then you know that the coin is doomed.

hyoshi

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 12:16:48 PM

The ban is not stored in a file in any crypto at the moment dunce - the above is the same with bitcoin on down
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 12:51:42 PM

nibble is under attack by ASIC owners/ASIC supporters  - they have the belief that they can 51% attack nibble .

Think about this ..

Even if you succeed , I will take nibble off this forum , and if need be into the street on a one by one basis , slowly building a base of #.

LOL  Cheesy Peddling nibble in the streets. Good luck with that.

mobodick

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 01:25:19 PM

No way they can be successful.  They just make it annoying if you are running the QT client for any reason.  Key is though to keep clients running.  Let the IP's get banned.  If you shut down the client and re-open it, it will not remember the ban.

The ban is not stored in a file in any crypto at the moment dunce - the above is the same with bitcoin on down

So you, as the developer, say that you can't implement a nessecary security feature because none of the other cryptos have implemented it?
LOL
And you call me a dunce?

FWIW, the other crypto's don't need to restart their clients to get rid of rougue peers. Don't expect them to fix this. Since you're the nibble dev it is up to you to implement a solution, it is not up to the other cryptos.

hyoshi

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:34:25 PM

No way they can be successful.  They just make it annoying if you are running the QT client for any reason.  Key is though to keep clients running.  Let the IP's get banned.  If you shut down the client and re-open it, it will not remember the ban.

So you, as the developer, say that you can't implement a nessecary security feature because none of the other cryptos have implemented it?
LOL
And you call me a dunce?

FWIW, the other crypto's don't need to restart their clients to get rid of rougue peers. Don't expect them to fix this. Since you're the nibble dev it is up to you to implement a solution, it is not up to the other cryptos.

I didn't say I couldn't - I am working on it...
Hydroponica

fml

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:43:37 PM

Why is nibbles logo, and blue bird??

digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 01:34:47 AM

Think about this ..

thanks for the Good luck !

: D

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 01:36:33 AM

Think about this ..

keep peddling that huge B -

you should promo in child care centers !

Everyone will B a buyer !

ABC! it probably down at your level yeah ?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
krasnyoktyabr

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 01:46:01 AM

nibble is under attack by ASIC owners/ASIC supporters  - they have the belief that they can 51% attack nibble .

Think about this ..

in a way that would even be more equitable there would be literally nothing you could do about it , except wasting power chasing after block chains.

Think about who will win. But i guess you have to try ...

I have access to free power , my designs can be transferred easily I’m giving you an opportunity by being here , not the other way around.  

Do you really fear nibble that much?

If a small blue bird can scare all this ASIC investment, then it’s already doomed you realize?

If it’s not me , it will be someone else.

Its your flaw not ours , you are forced to attack , not us, long term , do some study and see how that works out for the attacker. .  

Someone has a superiority complex. Nobody cares. Back in you hole now. buh bye

You know you're talking shit when most people agree with Hydroponica.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: