Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:24:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: All the times Jamie Dimon warned the public about bitcoin LOL  (Read 323 times)
vit05 (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:37:05 AM

https://www.theatlas.com/charts/r1LiJU8qW

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:15:07 AM

I think this is an example of a guy who thinks that he knows too much and that all people should be listening to him otherwise something bad will happen. Now, if something would go "wrong" like the dip we have right now, these are the people that can take center stage and whenever Bitcoin is having a good surge these same people would be warning us about the impending bubble burst...as they say damn if you do damn if you don't.
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 08:55:35 AM

So, we are on the verge of another big raise if I understood the negative logic well right?

Hope so. Thanks Jamie Dimon  Grin

btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:46:53 AM

Interesting chart.

It is definitely not the first time for him to spread such FUD. For instance back in 2015 he said that bitcoin will not survive.

of course we all know that he has an obvious conflict of interest. He is the CEO of one of the biggest banks in the world and bitcoin is seen as direct competition. If bitcoin excels then they will lose out on customers. I wouldn't take him seriously at all. In fact Mcafee has actually challenged him on bitcoin. I think that we will be seeing a recovery to $4k+ very soon.
slowlyslowly

Activity: 82
Merit: 27

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:28:50 AM

Interesting chart.

It is definitely not the first time for him to spread such FUD. For instance, back in 2015 he said that bitcoin will not survive.

of course we all know that he has an obvious conflict of interest. He is the CEO of one of the biggest banks in the world and bitcoin is seen as direct competition. If bitcoin excels then they will lose out on customers. I wouldn't take him seriously at all. In fact Mcafee has actually challenged him on bitcoin. I think that we will be seeing a recovery to $4k+ very soon.

what Jamie cannot explain away is the first few years of bitcoin. There were a few believers back them who gave it a go - they mined and they saw several benefits if it took off. The least of which might be that they would get outrageously rich or that they should be spending lots of money and time trying to convince others to rush in and buy their coins off them.

There was no scam then and there is no scam now. Sure bitcoin is heavily speculated - perhaps as much as 80% or more than some "notional' long term store of value. And the exchanges are all insider trading etc.
But bitcoin continues to provide the simple benefits that existed since day one. That means its not a scam and it also means it will not die out unless its outlawed by governments, has some fundamental flaw etc. ie it is not going to die because people leave it because they feel scammed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: