Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:34:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recently got a small gifts for my miners....  (Read 340 times)
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 07:09:59 AM

I have been absent for a while... trying to make ends meet and do a lot of my own side projects.

Among a few things I have yet to reveal (big thanks still to a local member here);  I just received these fine populated cases a few days ago from my friend who runs an A/V company...  he just wanted the space.

https://imgur.com/a/qUWir

They both contain Digital Video Systems portable 16 channel video recorder/controller.....  Think events and jumbotrons, record, playback......... that about sums it up.

Both cases each had/have a system.   One was spare for parts (misc parts disconnected but 99% there), and the other was 100% connected and functioning....  Both still had the 8 drive SCSI raid arrays in them.   Massive beasts that sound like jet engines when you power up the main machine.  I plan to play with these a little more......  mighty cool tech for its day.

I have already stripped down one case to bare and begun configuring it to be a portable miner satellite unit.   100% self contained aside from power (unless I decide to build in a small generator).

I still need to source some more modules such as a rackmount hub, and some other odds and ends.

So far I plan to have this first one at home; and its constituents so far are:
Dell R5400 (WWAN router and acting router;  I plan to populate with probably 3x 960)
Rosewell "rackminer #1": A X58 i7-920 based watercooled system.  Good for 3-4 GPU.
"Oldskool GPU #1":  Another X58 i7-920 based watercooled system.  Good for 2-3 GPU (less airflow in case, was repurposed from the DVS Pentium2 board)

I have several machines in the works built from my scrap pile of parts....  I still have another DVS system I can dismantle to build another 2-3 gpu system for the case.

The second case will probably go right towards my first system I plan to build once I apply for a loan Wink

Even in this down market;  I have a plan and a strategy that in my mind... can't fail.  It will only fail if the hardware itself becomes obsolete too quickly.... and with the way the Vega is looking;  looks like I am going to be ok for a while.

More TBA.   Sorry i've been absent Wink

*edit* sorry for imgur link;  idk what the deal is with photobucket right now.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: