Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:26:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Town: Restaurant Franchise  (Read 2804 times)
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 04:28:58 PM

Who's in?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxuPoed0H7E

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 04:33:57 PM

Funny, you actually LOOK like what I would expect a FinShaggy to look like. lol

CryptoJunky

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 04:42:48 PM

I had to check out the video after this comment, was not disappointed.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 04:46:47 PM

I got the name Shaggy from Mexicans that couldn't speak English Smiley

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 04:49:37 PM

I got the name Shaggy from Mexicans that couldn't speak English Smiley

So you mean your mother named you? lol

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 04:50:17 PM

So you mean your mother named you? lol

Lol, her last name is Mexican, but she can't speak Spanish. Only English.

acoindr
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 04:50:26 PM

I would love to see more development with this!

Going somewhere and using your bitcoins to eat is huge. There is a forum topic even now asking If you couldnt buy or sell BTC, what would you do with them?

The real point of bitcoins is not to simply change them to other currencies. The point is to use them directly for goods and services. Even the recent FinCEN guidance says doing so is not subject to regulation. The reason people exchange them so heavily now is because most goods and services can only be purchased with dollars or other fiat.

I actually did have a sort of restaurant idea I think would be big. Anyone feel free to do it. It's not really a restaurant so much as a WiFi hotspot. I think people would love a place that simply had plenty of electric outlets and wifi available where they could jump on the Internet with their laptop. You wouldn't need fancy expensive decor, just have a clean building space. Then offer some simple (profitable) snack/food choices, maybe something like soup and cheese rolls. Let people pay with BTC and you're sure to be a hit!
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 04:51:50 PM

I actually did have a sort of restaurant idea I think would be big. Anyone feel free to do it. It's not really a restaurant so much as a WiFi hotspot. I think people would love a place that simply had plenty of electric outlets and wifi available where they could jump on the Internet with their laptop. You wouldn't need fancy expensive decor, just have a clean building space. Then offer some simple (profitable) snack/food choices, maybe something like soup and cheese rolls. Let people pay with BTC and you're sure to be a hit!

This definitely works, I've seen it in Mexico, but you need at least a few working computers for them to rent time on also Smiley Incase they don't have their own laptop Smiley

acoindr
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:12:30 PM

This definitely works, I've seen it in Mexico, but you need at least a few working computers for them to rent time on also Smiley Incase they don't have their own laptop Smiley

Yeah, I think in the US people would be more likely to have their own computer, but you could have some rentals too. Basic computers are pretty cheap if you look around.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 06:01:52 PM

Yeah, I think in the US people would be more likely to have their own computer, but you could have some rentals too. Basic computers are pretty cheap if you look around.

I know. But there is still the occasional kid that would rather come to a "internet café" than use his home PC, or a hobo that wants to check his email. Or just a family that can't afford a computer, but could afford a few dollars for an hour or two.

acoindr
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 06:18:40 PM

I know. But there is still the occasional kid that would rather come to a "internet café" than use his home PC, or a hobo that wants to check his email. Or just a family that can't afford a computer, but could afford a few dollars for an hour or two.

Well anyone can do the idea however they want, but the way I see it is not so much as an Internet cafe, where the focus is getting on the Internet. Instead it's a place where Internet access is convenient. I know that probably sounds like the same thing Smiley

However, in my mind there isn't a charge for accessing the Internet. Instead you pay for the food. So it's kind of like Starbucks. I think Starbucks does well because they are close to the model I have in mind. The only thing I would change is having the dining area more computer friendly, room for plenty of computers, and have actual food you can order.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 06:37:24 PM

Well anyone can do the idea however they want, but the way I see it is not so much as an Internet cafe, where the focus is getting on the Internet. Instead it's a place where Internet access is convenient. I know that probably sounds like the same thing Smiley

However, in my mind there isn't a charge for accessing the Internet. Instead you pay for the food. So it's kind of like Starbucks. I think Starbucks does well because they are close to the model I have in mind. The only thing I would change is having the dining area more computer friendly, room for plenty of computers, and have actual food you can order.

I get what you are saying now.
Like a restaurant that advertises its wifi as much as mcdonalds does Smiley

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 06:38:04 PM

people of the forums.. this guy only has 0.7btc to his name and a supposed promise of devcoins next month.

he has 20 different projects that he is trying to suggest, and begs for money from people.

only one month ago he put in the newbie subject that he didnt know what mining was. but now suddenly has expert friends that will make an asic miner for him.

please review his lack of talents wisely and see him for his true light, a conning begger that has no agenda to finalise a project, but the only agenda to grab peoples bitcoin.

i would however give him small donations as he is a comedian with all of his brain fart idea's tempting people to invest. just a shame that he has no plans backing them up for them to even function. (no research beyond 2 hours of google searches to sound less naive)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 06:42:08 PM

people of the forums.. this guy only has 0.7btc to his name and a supposed promise of devcoins next month.

he has 20 different projects that he is trying to suggest, and begs for money from people.

only one month ago he put in the newbie subject that he didnt know what mining was. but now suddenly has expert friends that will make an asic miner for him.

please review his lack of talents wisely and see him for his true light, a conning begger that has no agenda to finalise a project, but the only agenda to grab peoples bitcoin.

i would however give him small donations as he is a comedian with all of his brain fart idea's tempting people to invest. just a shame that he has no plans backing them up for them to even function. (no research beyond 2 hours of google searches to sound less naive)

I just like it that his Mexican mom named him FinShaggy.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 06:51:13 PM

I just like it that his Mexican mom named him FinShaggy.

Lol.

Franky1 is wrong, I never asked for donation except for ONE place. The cancer fund. And that is in Devcoin, not bitcoin.
Everything else he says is just as uninformed as that.

And my mom didn't name me FinShaggy.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 06:52:12 PM

I plan on showing progress on EVERYTHING before ever asking for a single Satoshi. And anything put into any project isn't a donation, but a buy in.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 06:56:56 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2013, 07:12:52 PM by FinShaggy

The things that we plan to have on the menu so far are these:

Pancakes
Eggs/Omelets
Burgers (REAL ones, not like McDonalds)
Funnel Cake
French Fries
Carne Asada
Burritos (and every other variation of tortilla and contents, which means chips and salsa too)
Noodles
Sandwhiches
A Salad Bar
And anyone involved's "specialty"

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 07:05:39 PM

The things that we plan to have on the menu so far are this:

Pancakes
Burgers (REAL ones, not like McDonalds)
Funnel Cake
French Fries
Carne Asada
Burritos (and every other variation of tortilla and contents)
Noodles
Sandwhiches
A Salad Bar
And anyone involved's "specialty"

any place that serves burgers and french fries is called a diner/fast food establishment
a restaurant is a place that involve eating with a knife and fork, a glass of wine and usually has meat and 2 veg on the plate.
the only thing close to veg would be at the salad bar..

seriously dude, every project you have lacks basic understanding and many mis-representations..

please stop brain farting.. take a step back and just say to yourself what one plan do you want t succeed. and start with the basics.

you are the kind of guy that before knowing the build costs and employment costs, and electric, gas and supplies cost. has already picked out the wall coloring, diners name and what countries you want to invade.

come back to reality

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 07:11:11 PM

@Franky1

I have you on ignore remember? When you stop ignoring the things I say, and start getting informed before commenting. I will unignore you Smiley

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 07:15:28 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2013, 07:36:03 PM by franky1

Lol.

Franky1 is wrong, I never asked for donation except for ONE place. The cancer fund. And that is in Devcoin, not bitcoin.
Everything else he says is just as uninformed as that.

And my mom didn't name me FinShaggy.

you asking for $10k upfront on your town project, the cancer fund, devcoin donations separate from your cancer fund (yes i seen your facebook)

also before even showig a blueprint and building permits you are already asking

Who's in?

also
If anyone would like a shout out on my channel, it only costs .01 Bitcoins at any time (before Dec 31 2014). If you want me to post one of your videos on my channel, where you say WHATEVER you want, it will cost .10 Bitcoins at any time (before Dec 31 2014) And if you want that video to actually be the featured video on my channel, that costs 1 Bitcoin at any time (before Dec 31 2014) Even if my channel gets up to 5,000,000 views before then, all this will stay the same price.

oh yea i forgot about the other plan that he is a experienced conference co-ordinator .. pfft.. and he wants to be the organiser of bitcoin 2014..  kind of weird thathis post only came to light after the expensive ticket price got mentioned.

plus his CharBucks alt coin...

and he writing a novel which he is asking for donations for...

its all in his history and thats just reading the first 10 pages from when he register only a month ago...

now finshaggy your plans are as transparent as thin air, the cancer charity fund is people paying you and you send them weed produce in return with promises that it cures cancer..

thats right guys he grows the stuff and will send you it.. check out his facebook its all there in black and white.. lol

he only has 0.7BTC to his name and is on a rampage of brain farts to get to 2000 posts so that his "name" seems reputable to beg for bitcoins and also to receive devcoins by having a high post number.

he just wants your coins to pay for his weed. he has no understanding or any actual ambition in him to actually fulfil any of his project brainfarts into a final design let alone breaking ground to actually start them.

many other people have already compared him to pirate @40 and atlas and many other people we have come across in the past.

he cannot answer the basic questions about infrastructure requirements and costs, and other basic qustions. so instead put people with genuine understanding on ignore.

as if that makes the truth disapear.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: