Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:47:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did you lose BTC somehow? forgot passord, computer crash ...  (Read 1465 times)
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:22:02 PM

Did you lose BTC somehow? forgot passord, computer crash ...

Yeah I lose some. When I invested my money to bunch of scammers, I was so frustrated that time and somehow give up in the world of cryptocurrency. Then now I was back to earn the money I loss in investing and  fortunately blessed to be earned profits again.
Scamming is bit different thing in such kind of thing everyone is victimized and the question of losing bitcoin due to forgetting password and computer crash is valid but there is no such possibility because there is a mechanism if someone forget password it can be recovered and computer crash doesn’t mean a lot because servers have many backup and bitcoin don’t let anyone lose it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cloud27

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:21:51 PM

It happened to me when I am tempted to join in a gambling site. For curiosity, I registered and transferred some bitcoin to play for some game. But, because I am too drunk that night and lazy enough not to jot down my password, the following day I cannot remember, even what username I created. What's more, the password. From that day I knew I will never retrieve the bitcoin I left on that gambling site.
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:25:31 PM

I haven't experience it yet and as far as I know lost wallet due to forgot password means losing that bitcoin permanently in the market because there is no such way to recover lost bitcoin it will be hang in the system and no one can able to get it back. That's one big issue in bitcoin if one owner of big number of bitcoin dies and none of his inheritance know it the bitcoin will be he own will be forever gone.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:34:03 PM

No, until now that never happened to me. Of course that you should also try to minimize that risk with backups of your seed and private keys, on a pen or something like that. I don't advise you to put it in a cloud though, even if the file is encrypted. Having a hard wallet would probably be a good idea as well. I think it would be funny to keep a seed of a wallet on a bank, but I'm not sure it would be entirely safe there, so better keep that seed somewhere else.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Jose21

Activity: 109
Merit: 20

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:54:26 PM

Nope , I've never lose BTC before but I once forgot password. I don't really know what do you mean by computer crash though . Dont really get the connection Huh . I tried to retrieve back my password but i don't know how. Then i got tired and realize that ii have to let it go on and just create a new one again that's why i advise you to saved your password in some documents so even if you forget it, you can easily look it in the document where you saved it.
sijonru

Activity: 461
Merit: 17

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:33:13 PM

yes, ever and i can not access it until now. it was the time of 2010. at that time bitcoin did not really matter to me, and now i regret it very much

rehydrogenated

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:52:59 PM

I had 6.25 bitcoins in Mt. Gox. I didn't bother following up on it when they closed because at the time that wasn't very much money (I want to say slightly higher than $500). It was a real bummer and I didn't know what to do.
Ultegra134

Activity: 1554
Merit: 744

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 05:09:46 PM

Lost the Wallet - ID of my Blockchain wallet. Never managed to recover it, I also had it stored on a text document (LOL) somewhere on my computer but it was nowhere to be found. Wasn't worth anything back in 2015 (About $10 nowadays) but I wouldn't mind having them now.

Unfortunately, I was almost clueless about Bitcoin then and didn't really bother with it, I wish I had, nothing I can do about it now.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
hridoyb

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 05:10:05 PM

No i am not lose my bitcoin .I am always secure my account user name and private key.and password.One day i was send my bitcoin wrong gmail address and i am worry about it.After one month passed than i have received my money Smiley Smiley Smiley

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
tyuner4

Activity: 322
Merit: 179

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 05:23:50 PM

Fortunately it hasn’t happen to me. I usually save my private keys and password in a safe place.
colivingclub

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 01:32:29 AM

The day when I first heard about btc was in 2014. 3 years from now. Cold rainy evening, I and my brother sit next to our computer and played a game. We heard the news on the background TV playing. The news told us about the phenomenon of bitcoin and we started googling it. To the end of the night, we knew everything about btc for that time and went to sleep. I thought "huh, it even cannot recover my electricity bill" and deleted a miner from my video card. Some years later I regret it so much)
Mr. Legendaris

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:14:18 AM

Around april last month i lost 0.62 btc because the computer was hit by a virus, then i want to withdraw bitcoin from Bittrex and when i copy the wallet coinbase address automatically the address changed. I am very regret for not being careful and 0.62 btc lost stolen hackers.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

RubendeB

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:36:26 AM

Today i lost some money on a fake ico site! My loss was nothing compared to another 420eth transaction somebody made to the same adress though.

I have a wuestion; what are your thoughts about keeping alts on bittrex?

I am using the extra google authenticator app, is it safe enough?

My btc is safe in a wallet, but not sure about the online wallet in bittrex...

Cheers
Sendibere

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:42:13 AM

I was losing bitcoins. At times I was new when I did not hide my Private Keys on my wallet at Blockchain.info. I remember that it is still in 0.3BTC. because it was easy to accumulate that amount before. I'm fine because my files are deleted and one is in my copy of private keys, so now I'm sure it will not be lost. I was doing it in the usb and I saved a copy of my fb messenger too
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:43:21 AM

Doesnt being scamed count?
budongski25

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:17:32 AM

Due to  ignorance, newbie in trading, I lost almost half of my deposits.
But the best part, I learned a lesson that day, trading is not an easy task.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:42:35 AM

I lose my bitcoin when i gamble in any gambling site which s too risky. And my current wallet (coin.ph) i didn't forgot the password of that wallet but its always saying that incorrect password or e-mail maybe its been hacked?  Idont think so . I repent cause ididnt make any back up. hmm i think that things happend to make sure that it will not happen again to me and also experience for me to feels what the feeling if you losst your btc  so  in the future you will be secure.  As of now i know what are the disadvantage about not being secure. So that i will make a backup to secure the important  things also to avoiding any loss..
jilani

Activity: 244
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:59:48 AM

I lose my Bitcoin and other some alt coin.My wallet is hacked by anonymous hacker it's my idea i am not sure who hack my wallet.My big amount is hack it's very sad thing for me and when mentally i am very frustrated.
Pinkris128

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:03:11 AM

Yes, and the reason was I forget my password in my wallet. My phone fall and got cracked so the screen turned to black and didnt open it again. I got sad that time because I have bitcoin in my wallet but I cant open it. I tried to enter different password that I always used in my accounts but it doesnt fit. After that I learned and I always saved my password in a piece of paper in a my computer as well so that If I forget I can recover it.
bubblebit

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:39:06 AM

It was 2016 when I lost almost .05 bitcoin and 10> litecoin when my laptop stolen, it’s my bad because of negligence I have never back up any information on anything. I have stop bitcoin because of this for almost a year or quarter. It just frustrating and honestly depressing because I invested it. Not like who earned it. It was the biggest mistakes and it will always be a regrettable one. Now I’m making things right.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: