Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:06:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did you lose BTC somehow? forgot passord, computer crash ...  (Read 1473 times)
Monta3002

Activity: 344
Merit: 257

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:50:57 AM

This was happened to me before but thanks to my gmail I recovered my account. I almost forgot my password in my btc wallet, I have tried attempting many times to log in by guessing my password and finally the app requested to recover my account via gmail

Fuhre

Activity: 644
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:54:58 AM

the first time I participated I lost my payment because I forgot my wallet password. the number is not much, only .002 but that is my first income here, I am very sad
I plan to saving it up to 1 BTC.
hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:57:18 AM

i lost my bitcoin arround 3btc someone hack my email, acces my bittrex and localexchanger (VIP bitcoin.co.id) now im noly have few satoshi.
starting everything from start its very hard, i hope in the end of this year i can reach 5bitcoin.
rikybrosh

Activity: 478
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:02:31 AM

Did you lose BTC somehow? forgot passord, computer crash ...
i ever lost my bitcoin data (contain some information of my wallet address) because my smartphone was crash and till now it is still can not on again. practice i lost some data to my bitcoin. i would like to bring my smartphone to service center but i must go through capital city at my regency. i hope i can get back my data information regarding my bitcoin wallet.

BitcoinMuscle

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:07:02 AM

I have lost bitcoin because my old laptop display burned. Since it was a very old version , the hardisk was working only on the same model. It is good that I kept my bitcoins in an online wallet and only a small amount in my offline wallet.
If you keep your bitcoins in offline wallets you should save on an external hardisk all the important informations because you never know what is going to happen
rasmadisulaiman

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:36:59 AM

I do not even have bitcoin yet, in a few weeks I'll get bitcoin. I already anticipate forgetting passwords, storing bitcoins in a safe place so as not to be stolen.

⚫▶  BUILDERIUM   |▌  CREATING THE FUTURE YOU DESIRE, ONE BID AT A TIME
███ [   Token Sale Starts  ▶  July 23 th, 2018   ] █ █ [   JOIN AIRDROP   ] ███
▬▬▬▬▬    ●    Whitepaper    ●    Facebook    ●    Twitter    ●    Telegram    ●    ▬▬▬▬▬
Haesoo

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:43:00 AM

I had 6.25 bitcoins in Mt. Gox. I didn't bother following up on it when they closed because at the time that wasn't very much money (I want to say slightly higher than $500). It was a real bummer and I didn't know what to do.

Too bad for you, that's really something.
Well, for me, I lose all my coins when I lose all my private keys in my computer when it crashes like they detected viruses. I tried to restore all my files but it's too late. So now I learned my lessons, I wrote all my private keys in papers like I have 5 copies and safe keep it.
barabut

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:45:09 AM

On my first transaction I lost a few btc then I learnt it how to do it
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:49:20 AM

Thanks God I have never faced to that my own. I'm filling the rule to not hold all eggs in one basket. I hold my coins on exchanger (yes, I know it's risky, so don't waste your time quoting my post and saying how risky it is), online wallet and hardware wallet. In the case I will loose one - other two will be here Wink
Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:54:12 AM

This was happened to me before but thanks to my gmail I recovered my account. I almost forgot my password in my btc wallet, I have tried attempting many times to log in by guessing my password and finally the app requested to recover my account via gmail
I also experienced this recently. The fact that because of your so busy, your being panic and all that happen is you forgot your Password, worst case is a password of your wallet. And what is more worst is that your really need to cash out your or exchange or bitcoin, I'll thank God that I didn't forgot to take note my password. Thanks to my diary.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:00:24 AM

I try to be a careful guy, so I have at least three copies of everything that is important on hard drives and USB sticks.
Recently I added a paper version where it is possible.
Three months ago my hard drive was not responding anymore. Thanks to my copies that was no big deal!
I'm glad to say that I never lost bitcoins till now.

It's me!!!
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:04:59 AM

I had 6.25 bitcoins in Mt. Gox. I didn't bother following up on it when they closed because at the time that wasn't very much money (I want to say slightly higher than $500). It was a real bummer and I didn't know what to do.

Too bad for you, that's really something.
Well, for me, I lose all my coins when I lose all my private keys in my computer when it crashes like they detected viruses. I tried to restore all my files but it's too late. So now I learned my lessons, I wrote all my private keys in papers like I have 5 copies and safe keep it.
Yes it really was that bad thing that would happened. I was with this situation also lately, its when your running out  and im about to post then suddenly the password i enter was incorrect, its just you really freaking out. Well, sometimes were likely an old man though. Its just happen sometimes that we are forgotten some important matters.
vinc3

Activity: 309
Merit: 251

Make Love Not War

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:08:54 AM

Unluckily I loss some in a scam not in any password loss or crashed computer. It hurts at first but I'm doing fine now thank you to my new found community that helped me recover my loss last year (through DEEPONION). Hopefully I won't encounter that way of losing since I'm beginning to save my coins for future purposes. Keeping my private keys to different locations, in that way I am able to recover it when my computer crashes.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
sheldonnnn

Activity: 420
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:14:43 AM

It even sounds very scary to me. I lost my password from the online wallet once. I just could not find a piece of paper where it was written. I really panicked. But fortunately I found the password in an hour. Probably this is the worst moment with Bitcoin in my life.
Bacchu

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:19:26 AM

yeah sure i lose bitcoin.amount was like 0.005 Btc but amount is not fact.the fact is i forgotten my private key and i cant remember it although i tried it to many time for remembering where i save it.but i failed.now i also sometimes try to find where i put it.but after this story i learned a good lesson.
Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:21:03 AM

I haven't experience losing bitcoin due to forgetting passsword or computer crash but I was able to lose some in gambling lol. It's quite difficult if ever we lose our bitcoin because as far as I know we cannot retrieve or there is no way to bring back lose bitcoin, it will permanently out of the circulation and will never get back.
christian07

Activity: 265
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:24:19 AM

no because i always save it in telegram app in playstore for more safe and secure then i like to do also a password for more secure i think my doing is wise and also good for saving,try it to know what i mean like the eth address here we need to save that and blockchain also
bubblebit

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:17:52 AM

I try to be a careful guy, so I have at least three copies of everything that is important on hard drives and USB sticks.
Recently I added a paper version where it is possible.
Three months ago my hard drive was not responding anymore. Thanks to my copies that was no big deal!
I'm glad to say that I never lost bitcoins till now.

Thanks for that, I think i need to learn about your ways even it looks much time consuming but for security and safety. I think it’s worth the try. I highly appreciate the idea of paper money and honestly never have any idea of how this might be possible or how this process can be. I will eventually research on that aspect. Then about hard drives and USB, I have already done that and thanks for the reminder that it might be functionality issues that must be addressed and to be careful at that.
aplistir

Activity: 378
Merit: 197

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:32:57 AM

I have lost bitcoin because my old laptop display burned. Since it was a very old version , the hardisk was working only on the same model. It is good that I kept my bitcoins in an online wallet and only a small amount in my offline wallet.
If you keep your bitcoins in offline wallets you should save on an external hardisk all the important informations because you never know what is going to happen

If the hd still works, you should be able to easily recover your coins.
Many places, one example is Aliexpress.com sell hd to USB converters for about 10$. I once bought one, where you can connect 3 different types of hd:s (only one at a time of course) IDE, Sata and laptop-IDE.
If your laptop was old, the hd is probably laptop-IDE. Some manufacturers screw their own converter to the end of the hd, but it is easy to remove, and under that should be the laptop-IDE connector.

My Address: 121f7zb2U4g9iM4MiJTDhEzqeZGHzq5wLh
nmaryrai

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:55:12 AM

I personally have never lost my balance either from MEW or from some other exchangers. But lately I heard there are some people who lose their balance from their MEW, including one of my friends, he lost some ETH he has, but strangely other tokens are not lost from that MEW
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: