Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:06:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have $9,000 and need advice building 2 RIG  (Read 1276 times)
KalilLil (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:09:32 AM

I want to start mining and with that money in my country I can build 2 RIGs.

I pay $800 for each RIG without the GPUS, so almost $7,400 for both RIGs GPUS.

So far I have the option to build 1 RIG with 8 RX 570 4GB ($3,600) and another 1 with 6-7 1070 ($5,400) this is the most efficient setup with my budget?

I don't want to go all in AMD or NVIDIA since I learned diversification is important.
Chan8

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:57:18 AM

So far I have the option to build 1 RIG with 8 RX 570 4GB ($3,600) and another 1 with 6-7 1070 ($5,400) this is the most efficient setup with my budget?

I don't want to go all in AMD or NVIDIA since I learned diversification is important.

why so expensive? care to break down your price for hardware?
Kstin

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

XDNA - Most innovative cryptocurrency in 2018

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 11:22:46 AM

Just buy bitcoin for this money. Wait 2-3 weeks and ytou will be able to buy 3 rigs)

KalilLil (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 11:35:15 AM

Its the cost here, Nothing much I can do about

Just buy bitcoin for this money. Wait 2-3 weeks and ytou will be able to buy 3 rigs)

How can I expect like 30% return in 3 weeks? Any news I missed?
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:03:27 PM

It's always sceptical. Do your research and then directly invest in some crypto-coin. Anyway, this looks good. Planning to go with Windows or Linux?
KalilLil (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:08:21 PM

It's always sceptical. Do your research and then directly invest in some crypto-coin. Anyway, this looks good. Planning to go with Windows or Linux?

Planning to start with Linux, and 50% of my income from the RIGs (-200 montlhy cost) ill use to buy more RIGS in the future
mrreese

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

In CryptoCurrency We trust .

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:12:23 PM

If you are interested i have few rigs to sell, you can check here -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2154109.0

rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1319

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 12:15:53 PM

This is not the best time to buy a rig man

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:23:08 PM

Buy btc in low to mid 3k range ,  wait a few weeks / months sell for 50% profit and if u still have to buy a rig you will get the gpu s cheaper by  then or just buy a pre built 570x8 from bitmain (chinese site) for 3k (prob less by then). Your crazy to buy a rig now.

mrreese

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

In CryptoCurrency We trust .

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:23:28 PM

the better and stable rig is with 7x 570 4Gb, i have that PM if you want more information pm me  Smiley
KalilLil (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:33:30 PM

Buy btc in low to mid 3k range ,  wait a few weeks / months sell for 50% profit and if u still have to buy a rig you will get the gpu s cheaper by  then or just buy a pre built 570x8 from bitmain (chinese site) for 3k (prob less by then). Your crazy to buy a rig now.

But here in Brazil the GPUS are almost the same price (those high end cards, now and before the "rally") always that expansive...Since you know that know, its worth to buy Bitcoin, wait for a month and hope get 30-50% then go for RIGs?  *keep in mind that if ALL goes wrong I can still make up those GPU (especialy NVIDIA ones) into a desktop and sell for gamers here, our prices are crazy)
Chan8

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 01:17:43 PM

Buy btc in low to mid 3k range ,  wait a few weeks / months sell for 50% profit and if u still have to buy a rig you will get the gpu s cheaper by  then or just buy a pre built 570x8 from bitmain (chinese site) for 3k (prob less by then). Your crazy to buy a rig now.

But here in Brazil the GPUS are almost the same price (those high end cards, now and before the "rally") always that expansive...Since you know that know, its worth to buy Bitcoin, wait for a month and hope get 30-50% then go for RIGs?  *keep in mind that if ALL goes wrong I can still make up those GPU (especialy NVIDIA ones) into a desktop and sell for gamers here, our prices are crazy)

yes I'm a true believer investing in mining hardware.. if you want I can give you good deal on my AMD rx570 4gb rx580 8gb cards. I'm selling off a big portion of my gpu hardware in my facility, to make room for more asics coming in. I have a lot of  models, if a specific model you want let me know. so if your interested shoot me a pm. I can throw in motherboards, chips and rams with them if u want, since I wont be needing.

for bitmain gpu rigs, I would say theres not a big resale market for those compared to gpus.

of course escrow 100%

*note these cards is used for 3 months now, and currently still being used. so still close to full manufacturer warranty on them.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:26:41 PM

You can't.

Febuary-March timeframe, sure - during the first part of the big price runup but before miners had built enough new hashrate to catch up and the GPU shortage price gouging started.

Now - if you manage 10% return a month you're doing pretty good - we're almost back down to the profitability level of LAST summer, where only the low-cost electric folks could seriously prosper.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
papasmurf1337

Activity: 64

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 11:29:55 PM

You cant compare AMD and NVIDIA.

It is like you compare LAMBO and SKODA Smiley

NVIDIA is best.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 12:09:41 AM

This is the most understated comment of this entire thread.

You better wait for the next days/weeks to see how all this Bitcoin China drama plays out before wasting money on a mining rig. Coin prices are continuing to head downwards and with $9,000 in your pocket you will be better off buying coins directly than investing in mining hardware at this point in time. Bitcoin and any GPU mine-able alt coin will correct to at least 50% off recent highs and you will have a much better chance profiting by buying directly than mining. Hardware prices are still around 150% of original MSRP making mining ROI even less likely, but if this downtrend last for more than a couple of weeks I think you will see those prices begin to fall as well.

No matter what you decide, my advice would be to wait for a few more days before buying anything (coins or hardware) to see what is in store for us in the near future.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 02:13:45 AM

Check the bitcoin price. Everything is down because of the China and JPMorganshit FUD.
But the price will eventually rebound for sure. Now is a good time because of the dip. Buy low sell high.

You better wait for the next days/weeks to see how all this Bitcoin China drama plays out before wasting money on a mining rig. Coin prices are continuing to head downwards and with $9,000 in your pocket you will be better off buying coins directly than investing in mining hardware at this point in time. Bitcoin and any GPU mine-able alt coin will correct to at least 50% off recent highs and you will have a much better chance profiting by buying directly than mining. Hardware prices are still around 150% of original MSRP making mining ROI even less likely, but if this downtrend last for more than a couple of weeks I think you will see those prices begin to fall as well.

No matter what you decide, my advice would be to wait for a few more days before buying anything (coins or hardware) to see what is in store for us in the near future.

Correct. This exactly. Not a good time to buy. Rather just invest in currency itself.
The $3000 range BTC is currently trading is actually a pretty good price point to get into.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:05:24 AM

order some A3 antminer

you will make far more using those than with GPU atm
KalilLil (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:45:24 AM

Check the bitcoin price. Everything is down because of the China and JPMorganshit FUD.
But the price will eventually rebound for sure. Now is a good time because of the dip. Buy low sell high.

Correct. This exactly. Not a good time to buy. Rather just invest in currency itself.
The $3000 range BTC is currently trading is actually a pretty good price point to get into.

Since the money will be avaible to me on Sep 20th, and after all the help I got here and some research I did on myself, I'm trending to save 80% Bitcoins to sell when it reaches 5-6k (then go for RIGS) and trade altcoins with other 20%...I think I'll learn a lot from trading and also have plenty of free time right now
coinfoundry

Activity: 292
Merit: 100

Miningcore

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 09:05:16 AM

NVIDIA is best.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever read. This might be true for gaming. For crypto mining it depends on multiple factors such as the coin you intend to mine and the power consumption you are willing to accept.

Miningcore.pro - Stress-Free, Reliable Crypto Mining. Period.
Matarin

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:11:43 AM

NVIDIA is best.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever read. This might be true for gaming. For crypto mining it depends on multiple factors such as the coin you intend to mine and the power consumption you are willing to accept.

I agree. The AMD cards is best for mining for long time.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: