Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:51:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGOX Launch . . . postponed  (Read 6989 times)
TriumVir (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:44:49 AM

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right . . .

Apparently only now, 20 minutes to launch, do they realize they have a ton of claims to process.

https://support.mtgox.com/entries/20208066-huge-bitcoin-sell-off-due-to-a-compromised-account-rollback
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
swusc2

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

Do your part for Bitcoin!

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:47:06 AM

The world works like this. What doesn't get delayed. People just get antsy.

Impress your friends! Buy a bitcoin keychain!
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=30799.0
stick_theman

Activity: 372

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:47:33 AM

Here I am!  Stuck in the middle with you.  Cool
dennis_sweden

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:47:49 AM

Appluads all around.
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:47:54 AM

I still don't understand with the financial resources they have, they insist on running it like amateurs.  I think Tux needs to cash out his coins and just let a professional run it for him.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
TriumVir (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:48:53 AM

The world works like this. What doesn't get delayed. People just get antsy.

It's not the delay . . . it's the way it was delayed. Mickey mouse all the way around. This was the obvious call two effing days ago.
zpinto

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:49:21 AM

Jesus f*cking christ! make me stay awake for this shit!?

FFS you fail at every possible level!!!! Was it necessary to be left one hour to re-opening to tell us this?? WTFFFFFFF
NO_SLAVE

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:50:06 AM

MT is not a good business psychologist.  He should have said, "its going to take two weeks, sorry we want a perfect and secure relaunch"

AND then proceed to pull it all off within a week to a surprised audience.

That is is good business showmanship. 

MT did you get that?
REF

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:51:35 AM

these postponements are getting annoying. Once or twice is fine but now its annoying. They should just say 1 week or TBA until they are certain they are ready. Im going to be sleeping for the trade reopening :<
swusc2

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:53:45 AM

these postponements are getting annoying. Once or twice is fine but now its annoying. They should just say 1 week or TBA until they are certain they are ready. Im going to be sleeping for the trade reopening :<

Do you know what happens when they said the equivalent of TBA. It became a flame fest for them to update every hour. Now if your going to bug them to give you update all they damn time it's very hard to make accurate estimates. Fuck seriously 24 hours? People waited like 13 years for Starcraft 2 through numbers of delays.

At least they update you that they are working on the claim.

bitcoinminer

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:55:01 AM

Do you know what happens when they said the equivalent of TBA. It became a flame fest for them to update every hour. Now if your going to bug them to give you update all they damn time it's very hard to make accurate estimates. Fuck seriously 24 hours? People waited like 13 years for Starcraft 2 through numbers of delays.

I refuse to respond in detail until I see a screenshot of a highschool diploma.  Have you EVER opened an English book, in your life?

-Warren Buffett
chihlidog

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:55:21 AM

This is real money we're dealing with here. I know very few, if any, people that are calm when you screw with their money.
relm9

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:56:06 AM

I still don't understand with the financial resources they have, they insist on running it like amateurs.  I think Tux needs to cash out his coins and just let a professional run it for him.

Mtgox is a peanut compared to Sony, and look how they handled the PSN fiasco...
dennis_sweden

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:56:57 AM

I'm not patient nor understanding - but nonetheless not at all surprised.
swusc2

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:58:00 AM

This is real money we're dealing with here. I know very few, if any, people that are calm when you screw with their money.

Either people are greedy bastards, have their life savings in MtGox, or are mentally handicapped if they didn't expect this.

beeph

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:58:05 AM

I refuse to respond in detail until I see a screenshot of a highschool diploma.  Have you EVER opened an English book, in your life?

LOL comparing a starcraft 2 release with a guy seizing funds of 60,000 people and holding them against our will... this business is so gone it may as well not bother re-opening.
Kid81

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:59:24 AM

Reopening on the weekend!!! FFS
bitcoinminer

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:59:40 AM

LOL comparing a starcraft 2 release with a guy seizing funds of 60,000 people and holding them against our will... this business is so gone it may as well not bother re-opening.

I picture Cartman playing WoW with his mom catching all the diarrhea in his "potty bowl" when people bring up things like Starcraft.

-Warren Buffett
swusc2

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:59:56 AM

Considering SC2 alone has a core community forum at minimum 5x this forum and the estimated market value of the game and associated organizations is over $2 billion dollars. I actually believe it is substantially larger and more capable of operation than MtGox in terms of financial means.

beeph

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:02:12 AM

I refuse to respond in detail until I see a screenshot of a highschool diploma.  Have you EVER opened an English book, in your life?

Considering SC2 alone has a core community forum at minimum 5x this forum and the estimated market value of the game and associated organizations is over $2 billion dollars. I actually believe it is substantially larger and more capable of operation than MtGox in terms of financial means.

are you really this stupid? this mt gox bozo is gonna get lynched... he's stealing people's money not withholding the release of a video game

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: