Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:28:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGOX Launch . . . postponed  (Read 6989 times)
dood001

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:44:54 AM

Damn you, Mounted Gox. I woke up early for this crap. And I was having an awesome dream too. See, I have this white noise machine because the neighbor likes to chop wood and scream at things at all hours, and my noise machine was set to "swamp sounds". So I was dreaming that I was trying to survive in a swamp with snakes and crocodiles all over. My dog was there and he was annoyed me trying to chase birds, and paw and goof around with a turtle. I was angry because I thought we needed to cook and eat the turtle for "survival." Also, apparently I had a cell phone app to instantly light a fire in a wet swamp. Someone really needs to make this for real, despite the physical impossibility.

The dream really stopped being about survival at that point. For some reason, I thought I needed to build a swamp house, so I did, practically instantly, out of swamp trees. The house was on stilts, hovering over the swamp, and I distinctly remember thinking how it needed more stilts and wasn't structurally sound. Then I was really mad because it didn't have internet and I needed to check Mt. Gox and be there for the opening. Then I woke up.

Also, in the dream I had to pee really badly and when I woke up I had to pee really badly. And my friend said that my swamp house was a "sausage party" as no girls were there, and I said something like "Well I figured that you were bitchy enough to fill their absence."

Yeah, apparently swamp life make me a misogynistic asshole.

Please, when you have another dream post it here - i laughed heaps - Love it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:46:10 AM

From Starcraft 2 references to a dissertation on the "My Butt Hurts Forum", swusc2 has demonstrated an impressive range.

+1

Yep you guys are right. You guys keep at it with your witch hunt meeting. I think I'll go elsewhere like every other person scared away by crazy lunatics on this forum.

If you do, I'll send you 25,000 ButtCoins to your Mt. Cox account.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
beeph

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:46:15 AM

calm down guys. just another day.

If mt gox really wants to scam us there wouldn't be any messages on their page neither the claim function.

Sure there would.. u have no idea how charming and believable a good con man is.  And what lengths they will go to to steal a quick mil+

Anything that me or you can think of or takes 2-3 days to throw up on a website is easily within the realm of even a mediocre con man

What would be the major incentives to drawing this out

#1 he's probably liquidating bitcoins on tradehill as fast as he can without crashing their value too much.  The longer he has plausbility deniability, the longer the bitcoin value will stay over 10$. . turning a mil+ con into a mega 5-10 million $$ con.. certainly worth a shitty claims page. LOL...

bitcoinminer

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:47:05 AM

If mt gox really wants to scam us there wouldn't be any messages on their page neither the claim function.

Sure there would.. u have no idea how charming and believable a good con man is.  And what lengths they will go to to steal a quick mil+

Wonder what kind of money they've made in interest and investments off 1+ mill over a week...

-Warren Buffett
psyborgue

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:47:15 AM

I, for one, would rather they get it right and secure, rather than rush and end up with another fiasco.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:48:55 AM

I give up.  I had faith - that was has proven foolish.

Every single person who had a strong password should already be verified. Just like I tried to tell you (in an awkward manner) ~2 days ago, certainly you remember?

beeph

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:52:32 AM

I give up.  I had faith - that was has proven foolish.

Every single person who had a strong password should already be verified. Just like I tried to tell you (in an awkward manner) ~2 days ago, certainly you remember?

has ANYONE here been verified?  has anyone been able to withdraw money? even if they cant trade?

A decent ponzi will certainly allow a few people at a time to slowly get paid out, before the whole thing comes crashing down... it's a classic move.

We are witnessing a master at work, my friends..

even if he IS honest (very slim chance) and hell he's obviously not even close to honest... this business has 0 value.. and will have to go bankrupt anyway, just from the legal fees.

bitcoinminer

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:54:24 AM

I give up.  I had faith - that was has proven foolish.

has ANYONE here been verified?  has anyone been able to withdraw money? even if they cant trade?

A decent ponzi will certainly allow a few people at a time to slowly get paid out, before the whole thing comes crashing down... it's a classic move.

We are witnessing a master at work, my friends..

Catch your money as it comes pouring out of the slot machine!!!

-Warren Buffett
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:54:54 AM

Some have been verified, yes.

mjsbuddha

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

yung lean

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:56:49 AM

I just got my rejection email. apparently a 20 digit password comprised of letters numbers and symbols wasn't enough.
FuzzyCoins

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:56:49 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2011, 06:24:50 AM by FuzzyCoins

So has anyone had their account "verified" by MtGox?

I would feel better if MtGox would just say that we have 60k accounts, only 15k of those accounts were active at the time of the crash, 5k of those accounts have started the verification process and we have actually verified 1,245 of the accounts. Verification is going much slower than we expected, we will bring the exchange back on line when we verify 2,000 accounts. We will post the updated stats of how many accounts are verified once a day.

If we had a message such as this, I would be content to wait a bit, but until I hear that someone, anyone, has been notified that their account has been verified, I will be suspicious that none ever will be and that the exchange will never open again.

This would of course suck, and since this is unregulated and there are no legal agreements between users of MtGox and MtGox, it will be too bad, so sad, but at least if it fails, we can move on. I would just like to know if it is going to fail or if there is any real reason for hope.

Edit: 6/24/2011 06:23 I have been notified that my account has been verified. Good news!
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:56:58 AM

With say 15000 claims left to verify, this will take a 10 man team 3 days to solve if they do a claim every 3 minute round'the clock.

According to MT, there are 4 people working on this now. It's going to take it's while guys... My guess is that we will see more delays.
beeph

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:57:40 AM

Some have been verified, yes.

Question:  Mt Gox's main account the one with all the bit coins.. where is that money now?  can someone read blockexplorer and make sure the guy hasnt started liquidating via tradehill?  

The first thing I would do is start spreading that money throughout a bunch of little accounts then hit tradehill with it like 20,000 a day wile i stall.
dennis_sweden

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:58:25 AM

Unless:

Anything that me or you can think of or takes 2-3 days to throw up on a website is easily within the realm of even a mediocre con man

What would be the major incentives to drawing this out

#1 he's probably liquidating bitcoins on tradehill as fast as he can without crashing their value too much.  The longer he has plausbility deniability, the longer the bitcoin value will stay over 10$. . turning a mil+ con into a mega 5-10 million $$ con.. certainly worth a shitty claims page. LOL...
mjsbuddha

yung lean

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:58:37 AM

by the way, I sent my claim within 10 minutes of the claim page going live and i just got my rejection letter 45 minutes after the initial relaunch time.
Herodes

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:58:59 AM

I just got my rejection email. apparently a 20 digit password comprised of letters numbers and symbols wasn't enough.

Perhaps it was just a misclick, or perhaps you did not not provide more information. According to what MT said on IRC, what you describe should be enough. Personally I provided more info, just to be sure. Must suck to get that message, but it will probably be sorted out. Just going to take some time..
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:59:05 AM

With say 15000 claims left to verify, this will take a 10 man team 3 days to solve if they do a claim every 3 minute round'the clock.

According to MT, there are 4 people working on this now. It's going to take it's while guys... My guess is that we will see more delays.

Password strength was supposed to be checked over 2 days ago, why are not those (good passwords) 100% verified?

bitcoinminer

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:59:30 AM

I worked at a company years ago that hosted websites.  We had a 12 man team to do phone support for maybe 500 websites, and the phones were packed 24/7.  Why 4 idiots are doing this is beyond me.  They need something on the order of 50-100 people.

-Warren Buffett
Herodes

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 04:03:02 AM

Password strength was supposed to be checked over 2 days ago, why are not those (good passwords) 100% verified?

I have no idea. I had a very strong password. That I find it impossible anyone would be able to bruteforce without using an insane amount of processing time. But there's no point in speculating really, we just have to wait.
mjsbuddha

yung lean

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 04:03:44 AM

I worked at a company years ago that hosted websites.  We had a 12 man team to do phone support for maybe 500 websites, and the phones were packed 24/7.  Why 4 idiots are doing this is beyond me.  They need something on the order of 50-100 people.

because they are children in way over their heads. seriously, I cant wait for the real business men to step in after the folks at mt gox are bankrupt or in jail.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: