Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:03:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PoS-N: Multiple PoS Experiment -- Mining Finished -- Full PoS  (Read 3447 times)
shotgun1969

Activity: 723
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:13:51 AM

Thank you, tried that as well with no luck. I have a really good GPU, perhaps I should go that route?

BTW, this is the exact error
HTTP request failed: Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1 port 50414
json_rpc_call failed, retry after 30 seconds

can i ask is your gpu on the same computer as the wallet or not.

if not then use

rpcallowip=192.168.*.*

the astric is a wild card and any miner in the local network can mine on it.
shotgun1969

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:16:46 AM

Then just aim your miner at the computer with the wallet on it.   if that computers local address is 192.168.0.1   then use that address and :50414
shotgun1969

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:18:56 AM

ohh i just spotted your issue i had the same issue.  your conf file should be called posncoin.conf    then it will work perfectly.   i had the same issue yesterday.
lyynx

Activity: 380
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:14:13 AM

ohh i just spotted your issue i had the same issue.  your conf file should be called posncoin.conf    then it will work perfectly.   i had the same issue yesterday.

Thank you so much, that was the issue.

shotgun1969

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:25:31 AM

if you get some blocks you will be lost but go to the debug window and check out the conf file parameters and there is some to change the wallet to different
coin names like p10    psn is the default coin so you could restart and see your balance of the p10 blocks.     you will see   its different than anything i have ever
mined. psn is the default coin so that is all the balance you will see until you restart the wallet with another coin as default.
multipos (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:16:22 AM

To see your balances go to Help -> Debug -> Console in the menu and type "getbalances".

I am mining with a lot of power right now. I don't know what others are mining with, but you need a real miner, not a USB stick.

If I dominate mining, we can have an airdrop / signature campaign or something. I would prefer mining though.

I'd like to get the coins distributed, but don't want the chain to be weak, so I am hitting it with decent hashes.
multipos (OP)

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:54:17 AM

I just realized I messed up the interest rates, but not fatally.

The interest rate calculations right now are based on any individual currency's getting all the blocks.

Of course this can't happen because there are 14 staking currencies, so in the future, shortly after the PoW period is over, I will change the calculation to something like this:

Code:
award = interest_rate_P * money_supply_P * (time_now - time_of_last_block_of_P) / (seconds_in_a_year * 100)

Where P is one of the staking currencies.

The 100 in the denominator simply means that interest_rate_P is expressed as a percentage. Although interest will compound every time a block is found for P, difficulty adjustments will prevent the compounding from influencing the interest rate to any non-trivial extent. Compounding is bounded by the continuous compounding equation, anyway.
Blurb

Activity: 47
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:43:33 PM

"Tickers of Random Rotation: PSN, P03 ... P16"

I got a P17....

lyynx

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:28:49 PM

"Tickers of Random Rotation: PSN, P03 ... P16"

I got a P17....

Congrats. I'm still waiting for a block, but I'm only CPU mining right now, so I'll just need to get lucky.

If anyone has a PSN, feel free to throw my way, you'll be the first manual faucet Smiley Address in Sig below

Kisleav

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:36:36 PM

so this is a new kind of software just like when bitcoin was just released, it is very amusing and cool with scrypt which is rather easy to mine with, i have no free scrypt miner but i will surely try it, who knows where it will take to.
lyynx

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:04:09 PM

so this is a new kind of software just like when bitcoin was just released, it is very amusing and cool with scrypt which is rather easy to mine with, i have no free scrypt miner but i will surely try it, who knows where it will take to.

Yes, I haven't mined since about 2013, but a launch like this, I'm onboard.

crombiecrunch

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:11:26 PM

Good afternoon!

PoS-N has been added to thecryptopool.com

-a scrypt -o stratum+tcp://thecryptopool.com:3433 -u <YOUR WALLET ADDRESS>

Happy mining.
iluvCANNABIS

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:18:51 PM

PoS Rewards (First 3 years):  1, 2, 3, 5 ... 1597%

I don't know? U can talk me?
crombiecrunch

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:41:16 PM

We halted this coin for a few minutes while we sort an issue out with the stratum.
thayimmy

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:53:41 PM

Good afternoon!

Happy mining.

Hello

thank you for starting a pool for this coin but i believe there is an issue with tha pool.

i have been solo mining thru tha wallet with about 5mh or so for about an hour and hit 2 blocks so i decided to rent some hash and point it to your pool (30ish mh) from MRR.

first i pointed a few of my own miners to tha pool to make sure i had tha settings correct and they appear to be hashing correctly but now i have added the rental hash to tha pool and appears to be hashing but for about 35-40 min no blocks have been found.

now it is showing that i have hit some Sexcoin Sxc under my PoS-n wallet address?

i am not sure how your pool would calculate a value of sexcoin to pos-n?

any way i now see you have stopped the pos-n pool for now.

i look forward to getting hashing again on PoS-n

thanks
crombiecrunch

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:01:54 PM

Good afternoon!

Happy mining.

Hello

thank you for starting a pool for this coin but i believe there is an issue with tha pool.

i have been solo mining thru tha wallet with about 5mh or so for about an hour and hit 2 blocks so i decided to rent some hash and point it to your pool (30ish mh) from MRR.

first i pointed a few of my own miners to tha pool to make sure i had tha settings correct and they appear to be hashing correctly but now i have added the rental hash to tha pool and appears to be hashing but for about 35-40 min no blocks have been found.

now it is showing that i have hit some Sexcoin Sxc under my PoS-n wallet address?

thanks

Every block was rejecting with PoS-N trying to solve the issue now. I know in the first post it does say this may not play well with pools. But giving it a go.

add -p c=PoS-N  and it will correct the issue with the other coin.
thayimmy

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:30:35 PM

Good afternoon!

Happy mining.

Hello

thanks

Every block was rejecting with PoS-N trying to solve the issue now. I know in the first post it does say this may not play well with pools. But giving it a go.

add -p c=PoS-N  and it will correct the issue with the other coin.

yes i am using -p c=PoS-n,n=rent35mh,d=512

just pointed the rental back so lets see what happens

i think there is still issues with tha pool
30 min no blocks

ill check back
Forumgeiq

Activity: 351
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:54:00 AM

Just like the old days. I really missed mining, especially renting hash and racing to mine as much as we can before PoW ends. I'll start asap when we have a public pool.
crombiecrunch

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:40:24 AM

Just like the old days. I really missed mining, especially renting hash and racing to mine as much as we can before PoW ends. I'll start asap when we have a public pool.

still working on this over at thecryptopool.com
lyynx

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 02:32:40 PM

Yes, this very nostalgic, kind of gives you the crypto warm fuzzies. So far I've mined 2 blocks, got P06 and P10, anyone else?

Regarding the pool, this is going to be interesting. I would join one, but unless it can address the multi-coin mining/award, it kind of contradicts the spirit of the experiment. Time will tell.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: