Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:45:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tropical Country  (Read 990 times)
radarnigz5 (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 01:49:53 PM

I live in Manila which has 33c average temps on summer

i want to put my mining farm in the 5th floor of a 5 storey residential building where there is a actual 2br house, and has a big space where there is open air, and rain/water cant reach

my plan was:

1. i gonna put it on a rack
2. cover the racks with air filter

my problem was:

1. is it safe? ( humidity, moist )
2. is there other variables to consider

options:
1. i can put it inside the house, but i need ventilation, which will modify the house and might produce alot of noise than open air
2. i can soundproof the house but i dont own the house, i might not get the permission to modify it

the cheapest solution i come up that "plan"

vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 01:51:11 PM

Unless its a hobby your better off jut buying the coins you want with the money you would of spent on the rig.
radarnigz5 (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:00:42 PM

its a mining farm, 50 asic miners, its a joint venture with my friends, we also trade Smiley

we want to try mining, worst case scenario is we get our money back Smiley
Walked_by

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:34:12 PM

In your country is a high humidity? Do your friends understand electric? I think you will not be very profitable because of the price of electricity.
radarnigz5 (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:39:19 PM

In your country is a high humidity? Do your friends understand electric? I think you will not be very profitable because of the price of electricity.

1. 90% humid according to google weather ( but its a 5 storey building, so its windy, it it really cool in the 5th floor )
2. we have a good electrician which is a former employee of the biggest electricity distributor here ( meralco )
3. yea we knew about the electricity Smiley
Thetaj

Activity: 402
Merit: 116

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 03:52:26 PM

Hey! a fellow SEA member. Its doable but you're going to have alot of dust problems. Right now until the end of the year, we'll be fine. But once Summer comes around we will be fucked. I don't know if they have it in the Phillipines but you have to get some dehumidifiers for the room with the ASICs. But if you want to do it, you have do it with scale, a small 50 machine farm may not be worth the investment. I'd say the smallest to consider would be around 200 ASICs at the very least.

Good luck!
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2111

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:31:50 PM

Are you going to put UPS / batteries in place? If I remember correctly some parts of the Philippines suffer occasional brownouts, but maybe that's more the rural areas. 50 ASICs are going to have quite the power draw.
investerS

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

Money making legitimately

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:52:20 PM

I have not heard about anybody doing mining in my environment here. Its going to be a very demanding task.
sikkan

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 04:23:59 AM

As long as there is good airflow and well ventilated it Should work. What is your electricity price? That is top priority when  it comes to mining besides heat and fan noise.

▄▀▀▄         ▄▀▀▄
     ▀▄▄▀         ▀▄▄▀              ▄▄
       █           ▐▌           ▄▄▄█  █
       █      ▄▄████████▄▄    ▄█▀   ▀▀
       █▄▄▄▄████████████████▄█▀ 
         ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄ 
        ██████▀         ▐███████
 ▄▄    ▐█████▌   ▄████▄▄████████▌    ▄▄
█  █▄▄▄███████▄     ▀▀███████████▄▄▄█  █
 ▀▀    ██████████▄▄     ▀████████    ▀▀
       ▐███████▀▀████▀   ▐██████▌
        ██████▌         ▄███████
         ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
          ▄█████████████████▀▀▀▀█
        ▄█▀   ▀▀████████▀▀      █
       █▀          ▐▌           █
       █            ▀▀▀█        █
      ▄▀▀▄            ▄▀▀▄     ▄▀▀▄
      ▀▄▄▀            ▀▄▄▀     ▀▄▄▀

SOVREN

Blockchain Innovation for Securities Markets      Current STO Sale Price
          Trade. Pay. Borrow. Play.   ─────────────────────        1 SVRN = $1.00

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
radarnigz5 (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 05:01:23 PM

Hey! a fellow SEA member. Its doable but you're going to have alot of dust problems. Right now until the end of the year, we'll be fine. But once Summer comes around we will be fucked. I don't know if they have it in the Phillipines but you have to get some dehumidifiers for the room with the ASICs. But if you want to do it, you have do it with scale, a small 50 machine farm may not be worth the investment. I'd say the smallest to consider would be around 200 ASICs at the very least.

Good luck!

thanks, we already solved the dust problem, i just want to know if theres anything to worried about

why dehumidifier? Smiley

50 is all we can risk, if we push 200 we need other people, and it will be a demanding task to talk to them about coins, and stuff 
radarnigz5 (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 05:15:13 PM

As long as there is good airflow and well ventilated it Should work. What is your electricity price? That is top priority when  it comes to mining besides heat and fan noise.

we got one of the highest in the world, 0.237 usd per kwh

if we scale up, we will move to sweden, but for now, i think we're good

i just want to know if there's anything to worry about, its somewhat hard for us, or i guess we will know what happen
radarnigz5 (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 05:26:42 PM

Are you going to put UPS / batteries in place? If I remember correctly some parts of the Philippines suffer occasional brownouts, but maybe that's more the rural areas. 50 ASICs are going to have quite the power draw.

it is, but we are in metro manila, so electricity isnt really a problem, electricity cost is haha
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1123

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:20:25 PM

Do a little experiment. Buy a cheap electric heater and a humidity + temperature sensor. Run a heater for a couple hours and check the humidity/temp levels. You'll know how good the ventilation is and how the room insulates from the outside. If you get critical temperatures inside with just that one heater you'll know it's not worth trying to put miners in there. As for humidity, everything below 80% is relatively healthy for electronic equipment.

miguelmorales85

Activity: 544
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:46:50 PM

I think its not safe to cover the rack with air filters.
You can use the chinese technique of using water curtains to reduce the temperature inside the room where the miner would be.
I have mined in a tropical country and I recommend you to underclock the miners, its a safe bet, and use a hot and cold rooms system to manage the temperature
radarnigz5 (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:24:34 AM

You can use the chinese technique of using water curtains to reduce the temperature inside the room where the miner would be.
I have mined in a tropical country and I recommend you to underclock the miners, its a safe bet, and use a hot and cold rooms system to manage the temperature

1. how big water curtain?
2. how to use hot and cold room method? Smiley
miguelmorales85

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:55:45 AM

I wasn't able to find a link to the data center cooling methods in a bitcoin mine.
The water curtain is a complicated method I would use the hot and cold room methods. It depends on how big is your set up.

water curtain for big installations and rooms for the small one.

If you have a small installation use hot and cold room is just to use a dry wall separator between the hot and cold part of the miners, the cool room will be the part when all the air intake goes and the hot one will be the part where all the hot air comes out.

for big installations:
Heat and cool corridors, all the miner should point to the hot corridor and the air intake must be pointed to the cool corridor. I would focus on gettin the hot air out but you can help with a fan pushing cool air in.

be careful when you use A/C systems because if a cool humid air gets in contact with the hot miner it can create damp and that will ruin your electronics.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1123

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:50:38 PM

I think he was thinking about evaporation coolers. They are also called swamp coolers. It's simply a mesh that's being constantly sprinkled with water and a fan is blowing air into it. The water cools down passing air. It's a cheaper version of AC, much better for large compounds, but it also makes the air more humid. If you're in a tropical climate this could be a problem.

Cold and hot rooms or aisles are being used in big data centers. They separate hot and cold air which keeps it from mixing and makes cooling more efficient while also making it easy to access the server room. Without them it would be difficult to work there while the servers are running.

m4rv3

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 12:35:22 AM

You mentioned 50 ASIC miners, I'm guessing you're refering to Antminers s9's because they would be more profitable.

You also mentioned that you have the electrical covered by one of your colleagues so thats not a problem.

My recommendations is managing the temperature, moisture and airflow.  Do some research on how data centers manage these parameters. 

Once you've mastered that, you'll be fine.

Its one thing to manage 5 to 10 asic miners, but 50? You'd definitely have to go data center style.

I'm from a tropical country as well - St. Lucia in the Caribbean. I currently have three asic miners and plan on increasing those numbers over the next couple of months, and thats exactly how i plan to. I am also going to be incorporating Solar energy as well.
miguelmorales85

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:59:00 AM

You mentioned 50 ASIC miners, I'm guessing you're refering to Antminers s9's because they would be more profitable.

You also mentioned that you have the electrical covered by one of your colleagues so thats not a problem.

My recommendations is managing the temperature, moisture and airflow.  Do some research on how data centers manage these parameters.  

Once you've mastered that, you'll be fine.

Its one thing to manage 5 to 10 asic miners, but 50? You'd definitely have to go data center style.

I'm from a tropical country as well - St. Lucia in the Caribbean. I currently have three asic miners and plan on increasing those numbers over the next couple of months, and thats exactly how i plan to. I am also going to be incorporating Solar energy as well.

Helping the electricity consumption with Solar Energy? wow that would be an interesting installation for you to share in its own post.
Basically because I guess you will have to install a well designed battery bank and use optimal performance cables.. .anyway.. hope you can tell us how it goes!
good luck mate
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: