Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:09:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] TE-FOOD: World's largest fresh food supply ecosystem on blockchain  (Read 18252 times)
TE-FOOD (OP)

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

TE-FOOD provides trust for food supply chains

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 09:23:05 PM

Some people asked why do we narrow our focus on the emerging markets, when farm-to-table food traceability is still rarely used even in developed countries.

We wrote a blog post explaining the reasons:

https://medium.com/@te_food/why-does-te-food-focuses-on-emerging-countries-aa9e3450c8fb
so only developing countries for your project market. I think it is better for this project where all food supplies are in developing countries so it is possible to get a place in the customer

Yes, we focus on developing countries, because those are the best match to our technology and business model.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kaznachej123

Activity: 882
Merit: 548

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:12:25 PM

TE-FOOD ICO added - ICOTRACKER.NET         https://icotracker.net/project/te-food
                                                                                https://twitter.com/Kaznachej123/status/944707066626748416

TE-FOOD (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 07:28:44 AM

TE-FOOD ICO added - ICOTRACKER.NET         https://icotracker.net/project/te-food
                                                                                https://twitter.com/Kaznachej123/status/944707066626748416

Thank you for mentioning!

TE-FOOD (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 12:23:31 PM

TE-FOOD is listed on TokenMarket:

https://twitter.com/tokenmarket/status/944338588619169793

TE-FOOD (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 09:32:40 AM

Hello,

TE-FOOD has been added to TrackICO (link: https://www.trackico.io/ico/te-food/). Our listing is probably the biggest one out there consisting of more than 1700 ICOs.

If you'd like to increase your rating by providing additional information about your project click the following link: https://www.trackico.io/update-ico/

We'll happily answer all of the questions you may have, contact us via https://www.trackico.io/contact/.

Thank you for the listing and the rating!

iSkyCastle

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:40:37 AM

O2O + B2B  Grin
The idea is great.
I personally suggest you guys to pay more attention building the community on Telegram.
It's important to have the current number of participate go 50x fold by the time ICO completes.
If you receive the funding without having a community built, that will be another time-consuming expense in the future.
Might consider to aim having them tone together at this stage.

TE-FOOD (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 08:59:50 AM

O2O + B2B  Grin
The idea is great.
I personally suggest you guys to pay more attention building the community on Telegram.
It's important to have the current number of participate go 50x fold by the time ICO completes.
If you receive the funding without having a community built, that will be another time-consuming expense in the future.
Might consider to aim having them tone together at this stage.

Thanks for the comment. You are absolutely right, we will work on it!

ohliuw

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 09:16:36 AM

guys, if this works out, it will be HUGE!!! I am all in!
You can leave without car, computer, etc, but you cant live without FOOD! I cant believe this project is not getting more attention!

Just last week the largest grocery chain in Canada (Sobeys) voluntary pulled out of their shelves all of their Romain Lettuce as some people in Canada got infected with e-coli after eating lettuce. You can image the money lost and the amount of wasted produce.

Health Canada couldnt trace it back, so they warned the population not to buy.

I even see this becoming requirement by all governments in the developed countries!

Cashwave

Activity: 120

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 09:34:29 AM

This is a very promising project because the food industry is very key to we humans. But how do you hope to impact other developing countries especially African countries with your project? I wish you guys luck. Cheers!
ohliuw

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:11:58 AM

Some people asked why do we narrow our focus on the emerging markets, when farm-to-table food traceability is still rarely used even in developed countries.

https://medium.com/@te_food/why-does-te-food-focuses-on-emerging-countries-aa9e3450c8fb

since a lot of food gets exported to the developed countries, would the customers in those countries still be able to trace down the origin of the product? That is, if I buy durian in America, would I be able to trace its origin and path atnleast until it reached America?

also,  I have to disagree about focusing on developing markets only, the World needs such tech everywhere. I dont see how expensive rfid tags can be used on 50 cent lettuce, so I do think that you should think big!
TE-FOOD (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 11:56:48 AM

guys, if this works out, it will be HUGE!!! I am all in!
You can leave without car, computer, etc, but you cant live without FOOD! I cant believe this project is not getting more attention!

Just last week the largest grocery chain in Canada (Sobeys) voluntary pulled out of their shelves all of their Romain Lettuce as some people in Canada got infected with e-coli after eating lettuce. You can image the money lost and the amount of wasted produce.

Health Canada couldnt trace it back, so they warned the population not to buy.

I even see this becoming requirement by all governments in the developed countries!

Thank you for the comment!

We also tweeted about the Canada case. It shows that even developed countries have things to do regarding food traceability.

https://twitter.com/TE_FOOD/status/946450251258454016

You are right, one of the aspects which distinguishes us is that we have solutions to involve governments/authorities into the projects. Since a real farm-to-table traceability what TE-FOOD provides is extremely rare, you are right that it could be required in developed countries as well.

But in developed countries usually there is some kind of traceability, although currently it's almost never farm-to-table. However, in most emerging countries, which give 65% of the world's population, there is no traceability at all. This is one reason we are focusing on emerging countries. You can read other reasons in our blog post:

TE-FOOD (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 12:09:21 PM

This is a very promising project because the food industry is very key to we humans. But how do you hope to impact other developing countries especially African countries with your project? I wish you guys luck. Cheers!

Thanks for the question. We have already negotiations in Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, and South Africa.

We experience huge demand for fresh food traceability. Governments are actively looking for solutions, but usually they don't know how to implement country wide food traceability. This is where our implementation methodology and our experience gives us great advantage.

Since the Vietnam project got great publicity in the ASEAN region, those countries on which we are focusing primarily. But when we find an agile and reliable partner in other countries, we move in. There is progress in this area, which we will announce during the next days, so check the thread or our social media channels if you are interested.

TE-FOOD (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 01:50:45 PM

since a lot of food gets exported to the developed countries, would the customers in those countries still be able to trace down the origin of the product? That is, if I buy durian in America, would I be able to trace its origin and path atnleast until it reached America?

also,  I have to disagree about focusing on developing markets only, the World needs such tech everywhere. I dont see how expensive rfid tags can be used on 50 cent lettuce, so I do think that you should think big!

Yes, anyone can download the TE-FOOD Consumer app, and check TE-FOOD labels. And exactly as you wrote, you can be able to trace back the food products until they reached America in that case. But it depends on how the food products are sold in retail.

An example: Vietnam is one of the biggest exporter of Pangasius fish. A massive amount of Pangasius fish is exported to Europe. If the European importer buys the fish pre-packaged, then the TE-FOOD label stickers will be on each package, so European consumers can check the origin information. But if the fish is bought in bulk, and the retail packaging is done in an European food processing plant, then no TE-FOOD label will be applied to the retail packages.

We focus on emerging markets, but we don't refuse customers in other markets. In the example above, it can be wise for us to contact the European importer to join TE-FOOD, so they can provide full traceability for the fish products, which is a business advantage for them.

And you are right with RFID. RFID is a great technology, but in the livestock and fresh food industry it is used only on cattles in developed countries, because they live longer, and they are more expensive. For anything else, RFID is way too expensive.

TE-FOOD (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 02:38:44 PM

We proudly announce that Dr. Michael Patching joined our advisory board! A real professional, committed to promote standards of animal welfare.

Dr. Michael Patching

Australian Veterinarian with a Masters in International Animal Welfare Ethics and Law and 13 years experience as a large animal veterinarian.

Michael is the current Vietnam Livestock Services Manager for Meat and Livestock Australia (MLA).

MLA is the Australian red meat industry service body that works with both Government and industry globally to support the ongoing development of international markets with a focus on improving animal health and welfare, market access, and supply chain capacity.

https://twitter.com/TE_FOOD/status/948156632818647041

ohliuw

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:41:45 AM

Yes, anyone can download the TE-FOOD Consumer app, and check TE-FOOD labels. And exactly as you wrote, you can be able to trace back the food products until they reached America in that case. But it depends on how the food products are sold in retail.

An example: Vietnam is one of the biggest exporter of Pangasius fish. A massive amount of Pangasius fish is exported to Europe. If the European importer buys the fish pre-packaged, then the TE-FOOD label stickers will be on each package, so European consumers can check the origin information. But if the fish is bought in bulk, and the retail packaging is done in an European food processing plant, then no TE-FOOD label will be applied to the retail packages.

We focus on emerging markets, but we don't refuse customers in other markets. In the example above, it can be wise for us to contact the European importer to join TE-FOOD, so they can provide full traceability for the fish products, which is a business advantage for them.

And you are right with RFID. RFID is a great technology, but in the livestock and fresh food industry it is used only on cattles in developed countries, because they live longer, and they are more expensive. For anything else, RFID is way too expensive.

It will be crucial to get the importers onboard. Most of the food gets packaged locally due to local legislative reuqirements (e.g. in the province of Quebec in Canada by law the packaging must include French, etc). However, I have already seen packaged berries (strawberries, etc) with QR on the package (which was promoting the producer and not for traceabilty), so I assume it woildn't be hard to get them to do it. But if they are not aware that this featue exists, they won't incorporate it in the packaging.

As you mentioned, the consumers in the developing countries are not cocnerned that much with the food they are buying, so it might take a while for this to pick up. But in America this is huge - I can easily see 200 000 000+ americans using the app at the grocery stores if there are enough stamped products on the shelves.

I hope the ICO is a success that would allow/convince you to expand beyond your target market.
TE-FOOD (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 09:42:15 AM

It will be crucial to get the importers onboard. Most of the food gets packaged locally due to local legislative reuqirements (e.g. in the province of Quebec in Canada by law the packaging must include French, etc). However, I have already seen packaged berries (strawberries, etc) with QR on the package (which was promoting the producer and not for traceabilty), so I assume it woildn't be hard to get them to do it. But if they are not aware that this featue exists, they won't incorporate it in the packaging.

As you mentioned, the consumers in the developing countries are not cocnerned that much with the food they are buying, so it might take a while for this to pick up. But in America this is huge - I can easily see 200 000 000+ americans using the app at the grocery stores if there are enough stamped products on the shelves.

I hope the ICO is a success that would allow/convince you to expand beyond your target market.

You are right, we will try to get importers onboard. In a globalized economy the source of even a fresh food can be anywhere in the world.

"consumers in the developing countries are not cocnerned that much with the food they are buying"
Sorry, that's not what I wanted to say. The reality is quite the opposite. As the number of middle class grows constantly in the emerging countries, there is a massive pressure on the governments to wastly improve food security. That's why we saw tremendous interest from governmeents in many emerging countries to implement fresh food traceability. Their problem is that they don't know how to do it. They have to work out regulation, enforcement, sanctioning, to fit in the processes into a proper government body, the role of the authority in the system, etc. This is why we write so many times that to be successful in this industry is 30-40% technology, and 60-70% implementation methodology. And we have a proper, experience based methodology, which focuses on emerging countries.

Developed countries are more difficult markets from many viewpoints. A lot of companies have internal traceability systems (although those are focusing on logistics, not food quality, and are not open to third parties, let alone consumers), and need strong arguments to undertake additional work to integrate to a new traceability system. Since food frauds are not so common in developed countries as they are in the developing ones, the consumer pressure is not as strong.

In many cases, consumers in developed countries think that food traceability is a solved problem in their country. But if you read about it, you see that, for example in the U.S. cattle traceability is mandatory only between farms and slaughterhouses, and only if the livestock crosses state borders. You can't call it farm-to-table.

TE-FOOD (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 09:55:20 AM

Waltonchain - TE-FOOD comparison. What are the differences?

Read it in our blog post:
https://medium.com/@te_food/te-food-waltonchain-comparison-f00696975309

TE-FOOD (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 10:58:37 AM

Previous comparisons:

TE-FOOD  -  Modum comparison
https://medium.com/@te_food/te-food-modum-comparison-3a98c1745718

TE-FOOD - Ambrosus comparison
https://medium.com/@te_food/te-food-and-ambrosus-comparison-edf1fc5d95ff

TE-FOOD - Wabi comparison
https://medium.com/@te_food/te-food-and-wabi-comparison-84377a67d0e8

TE-FOOD (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 09:07:43 AM

The TE-FOOD Opening Ceremony was already more than a year ago! The TE-FOOD launch was the most important step of our long journey.

The next one will be the launch of our Token Sale on February 22, 2018. Join us to reinvent food supply chains!

Check out the photos of the opening ceremony from 2016:

https://twitter.com/TE_FOOD/status/948684979579564033

TE-FOOD (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 02:44:17 PM

Please note that the dates of our Token Sale have been changed. The new dates:

Token Sale start: February 22, 2018
Token Sale end:  March 22, 2018

We will write a blog post about the reasons soon.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: