Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 11:26:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Still money in mining  (Read 1695 times)
therealjonnyd

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 03:18:45 PM

I was searching for other companies that make ASIC miners (differente of butterflylabs, avalon)...., but I can't find any..
Someone knows about other ones?
USB-dongle miner here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=217104.0;all

You said "dongle" hahaha, that's a funny word.
joeperry

Activity: 2170
Merit: 465

Telegram: @jperryC

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 03:35:56 PM

I thinK so, and even if balance is negative Ill do for a long time, because I expect that price of BT will raise next year.

jmutch

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 04:36:54 PM

BFL? if you invest now expect to be waiting awhile. I've been waiting since last august...
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 04:53:25 PM

You can also invest in mining shares.

Asicminer pays out nice dividends (40% per annum!) and they have proved to be trustworthy. They also sell their own designed hardware so they don't only get income from mining.

Their shares are available at Bitfunder.com, Btct.co and Havelockinvestments.com.

To me it makes more sense to buy these than spend the money on a mining rig. Unless you already have a high end gaming PC and cheap electricity. You have to earn back the cost of the rig and the hardware depreciates in value. Whilst the Asicminer shares may appreciate in value (or maybe not). It's the dividend I find interesting though.

Disclaimer: I hold several of these shares. Do your own research to see if it is a good investment to make. Both buying and operating a mining rig and buying shares are an investment which you may or may not redeem.

Devnant

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 05:09:49 PM

You can also invest in mining shares.

Asicminer pays out nice dividends (40% per annum!) and they have proved to be trustworthy. They also sell their own designed hardware so they don't only get income from mining.

Their shares are available at Bitfunder.com, Btct.co and Havelockinvestments.com.

To me it makes more sense to buy these than spend the money on a mining rig. Unless you already have a high end gaming PC and cheap electricity. You have to earn back the cost of the rig and the hardware depreciates in value. Whilst the Asicminer shares may appreciate in value (or maybe not). It's the dividend I find interesting though.

Disclaimer: I hold several of these shares. Do your own research to see if it is a good investment to make. Both buying and operating a mining rig and buying shares are an investment which you may or may not redeem.

That´s exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!

Game is my life
grosskate

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:52:19 AM

i think in about 2months i ll switch to litecoin mining with my GPU. There would be no point in mining bitcoin woth gpu anymore. Thanks to the asics.

Do you guys know of a cool gui litcoin mining prog ??

Thanks
cryptofreak

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:05:19 AM

Mining is forever.
finalmente

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 11:28:13 AM

Litecoin mining is the way to go right now (or some other alt coin such as FTC).  Right now a 7950 will mine about 1 ltc a day depending on pool luck and cost anywhere between $0.20-$0.40 a day depending on how much your electricity costs and whether you've undervolted the card to gain better hashes/watt.  Even if you were to mine Bitcoin with the 7950, you'd still end up with around 90% of the value (converted to fiat) compared to Litecoin at today's difficulty according to dustcoin/coinwarz.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:00:09 PM

i think in about 2months i ll switch to litecoin mining with my GPU. There would be no point in mining bitcoin woth gpu anymore. Thanks to the asics.

Do you guys know of a cool gui litcoin mining prog ??

Thanks

I think performance > appearance when it comes to mining.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: