Poll
Question: Because American Securities Laws are REALLY COMPLICATED we should:
Create USA sub-section in the forum
Warn exchangers not to deal with Americans
Ignore the law
Do nothing

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: USA Subsection Needed? (POLL)  (Read 4024 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Viceroy (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 06:19:09 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2013, 11:57:36 PM by Viceroy

While a handful of posters would prefer an option for 'ban Viceroy from the forums' I think my questions are important and I am guessing there are many who had no idea why these laws exist at all or who they are designed to protect.  Let me tell you a story.

In the late 1920's when liquor was illegal but pot was not, speakeasy's were all the rage.  In these crazy times of prohibition the underground liquor market thrived.  These were good times (I've read).  After years of having no regulation snake oil salesmen and other charlatans discovered Charles Ponzi.  Ponzi had been jailed in the beginning of the decade but the scheme was just starting to creep into the modern American vernacular.  

Throughout the twenties thousands of men, some with no ill intent, crafted investment schemes by which investors would become 'millionaires' overnight.  (For those who watch you'll recognize in Downton Abbey's third season they speak of the magical Mr Ponzi and his 'scheme' that could keep their castle afloat).  And you know what happened next?

In late 1929 the American stock market crashed and sent the country into the Great Depression, an event which would forever change the way we deal with poverty and investment and social services.

Prior to the 1930's there were no real 'securities' laws and the schemers could offer 'stocks' and 'bonds' to non-qualified investors.  After the crash the regulators stepped in to create a series of laws that would protect individuals from unscrupulous investments schemes.  The regulators operate under a set of rules created in 1933 which completely disallow any non-licensed securities 'broker' to sell or offer to sell any non-registered investment.

So what?

Well the impact is huge.  As a small business-person you are NOT ALLOWED to ask anyone in public for funding.  It's against the law.  I cannot say to anyone in this or any other forum something like: "hey I want to borrow bitcoins from you and I'll pay you back with interest".  To do that is ILLEGAL.  You may think it's not important, but this is exactly what the Securities and Exchange Commission regulates and believe me you do not want to cross them.  Beyond federal regulation we have state regulation.  

The short version is this:

Anyone starting or involved in a commercial enterprise that exchanges bitcoin for money or money for bitcoin is regulated under money transmitter requirements which the department of treasury regulates with their FINCEN unit who came out with guidance last month just before they seized Mt Gox's money as it entered the USA.

Anyone starting or involved in a a commercial enterprise that lends bitcoin to AMERICANS or borrows from them is regulated under securities laws at the state and federal level.  

Anyone who borrowed bitcoin to start a business has probably broken state and federal law as they likely did not create a PPM and only provide it to vetted 'accredited' investors.  

If you or anyone you know has done any of these things they SERIOUSLY NEED to talk to a securities lawyer IMMEDIATELY.  This is not a joke.

MT Gox was trying to (and I'm sure they still are) to become a money transmitter in every state and has spent more than $25,000,000 doing so.  Unfortunately, from my layman position, they appear to have broken the law as they traded in "commodities" and/or "items of monetary value" PRIOR to becoming licensed as a money transmitter in each state.

The American Public has a right to know and as a provider of service you have a duty to provide information related to this.  One simple option is to cut off the USA and if you are not an American you should PROBABLY do this RIGHT NOW.  Else you will be the next to have your funds seized.  Do not think for a second that the Mt Gox issue has ended, it has only just begun.  Liberty Reserve is a great example of what happens to foreigners who deal in America without the appropriate licenses.  

At this time I am unaware of any bitcoin "exchanges" or "lenders" who meet state requirements with the exception of Bitinstant who appears to have filed as a money transmitter in some 30 states and Mt Gox's claim that they are attempting to be fully compliant.  

I have no reason to believe that PERSONAL trading of bitcoin is in ANY way regulated.  Businesses, however, are CERTAINLY regulated if they exchange or buy and sell bitcoin.  A PERSON investing bitcoin into another entity is definitely regulated and has been for 80 years.  

Further analysis:
FinCEN’s position as it relates to bitcoin can be summed up as follows:

A person may spend money to purchase bitcoin or mine bitcoin and then exchange the currency for goods and/or services without having to register with FinCEN as an MSB.
If a person receives real money in exchange for their bitcoin they MAY have to register with FinCEN.
If a miner exchanges their mined bitcoin for real money they MUST register with FinCEN.
Anyone transacting bitcoin on someone else’s behalf MUST register with FinCEN.

Source: https://bitcoinfoundation.org/blog/?p=152

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mitzplik

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 06:49:07 PM

What if the company is not in the US jurisdiction, but american citizens wire their money overseas??
Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 07:05:00 PM

If you are offering any of these services to Americans I think you must be licensed.  The issue here is the American "customer" not the location of the business.  In fact I think this is exactly what happened to Gox.  They are in Japan.  They tried to wire money to American's through Dwolla.  The money was seized during transit.

Can they get you if you are not licensed?  It depends where you are and if the government of your county cooperates with the USA.  It's against the law for the banks to handle the transactions, which is why the American Wells Fargo closed Mt Gox's account and is now chirping like a caged bird to the regulators.
Mitzplik

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 07:11:06 PM

I can see that having an active account in US soil is a liability, in this case.

But what can prevent an american citizen from investing in a BVI company? If there is no account or branches in the US?
Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 07:19:24 PM

Any American can invest in any publicly offered security.  The process is very complex and it can easily cost millions of dollars to register a security.  Any foreign bank allowing Americans to invest in them is subject these laws.
Mitzplik

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 07:38:15 PM

But is bitcoin a security?
It doesnt look like a security. It has no company behind. Its nothing but a virtual item. What does bitcoin represent?
davecoin

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 07:44:53 PM

Anyone starting or involved in a a commercial enterprise that lends bitcoin to AMERICANS or borrows from them is regulated under securities laws at the state and federal level.  

Interesting post.  Can you provide a reference to a SEC document stating that transfer of virtual currencies between a bond issuer and bond buyers is regulated?  I understand the concept of exchanging virtual currency for USD and needing to register as a Money Transmitter, and that seems distinctly different from a bond issuer paying dividends in the form of btc.
Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 07:47:17 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2013, 08:15:21 PM by Viceroy

Yes, because it is meets the definition of a commodity, and so writing contracts around it causes it to be regulated.  Commodities include things like wheat and gold bars and bitcoin meets the same definition.  I do not think anybody considers bitcoin "money" at this time but it is clearly a commodity AND a possible way to "transfer value".    http://www.sec.gov/about/laws/sa33.pdf

Value transfer systems are highly regulated as described here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200443.0

And here:
http://cryptome.org/2012/05/fbi-bitcoin.pdf
ManBearPig

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 09:23:42 PM

A very valid question with some seemingly-extreme options but it needs to be asked.

My vote would be no surprise as I've voiced my opinion on the matter before.

I tweet crypto nonsense: https://twitter.com/DunningKruger_
Nova!

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 09:44:09 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2013, 10:07:13 PM by Nova!

While a handful of posters would prefer an option for 'ban Viceroy from the forums' I think my questions are important and I am guessing there are many who had no idea why these laws exist at all or who they are designed to protect.  Let me tell you a story.

In the late 1920's when liquor was illegal but pot was not, speakeasy's were all the rage.  In these crazy times of prohibition the underground liquor market thrived.  These were good times (I've read).  After years of having no regulation snake oil salesmen and other charlatans discovered Charles Ponzi.  Ponzi had been jailed in the beginning of the decade but the scheme was just starting to creep into the modern American vernacular.  

Throughout the twenties thousands of men, some with no ill intent, crafted investment schemes by which investors would become 'millionaires' overnight.  (For those who watch you'll recognize in Downton Abbey's third season they speak of the magical Mr Ponzi and his 'scheme' that could keep their castle afloat).  And you know what happened next?

In late 1929 the American stock market crashed and sent the country into the Great Depression, an event which would forever change the way we deal with poverty and investment and social services.

Prior to the 1930's there were no real 'securities' laws and the schemers could offer 'stocks' and 'bonds' to non-qualified investors.  After the crash the regulators stepped in to create a series of laws that would protect individuals from unscrupulous investments schemes.  The regulators operate under a set of rules created in 1933 which completely disallow any non-licensed securities 'broker' to sell or offer to sell any non-registered investment.

So what?

Well the impact is huge.  As a small business-person you are NOT ALLOWED to ask anyone in public for funding.  It's against the law.  I cannot say to anyone in this or any other forum something like: "hey I want to borrow bitcoins from you and I'll pay you back with interest".  To do that is ILLEGAL.  You may think it's not important, but this is exactly what the Securities and Exchange Commission regulates and believe me you do not want to cross them.  Beyond federal regulation we have state regulation.  

The short version is this:

Anyone starting or involved in a commercial enterprise that exchanges bitcoin for money or money for bitcoin is regulated under money transmitter requirements which the department of treasury regulates with their FINCEN unit who came out with guidance last month just before they seized Mt Gox's money as it entered the USA.

Anyone who borrowed bitcoin to start a business has probably broken state and federal law as they likely did not create a PPM and only provide it to vetted 'accredited' investors.  

If you or anyone you know has done any of these things they SERIOUSLY NEED to talk to a securities lawyer IMMEDIATELY.  This is not a joke.

MT Gox was trying to (and I'm sure they still are) to become a money transmitter in every state and has spent more than $25,000,000 doing so.  Unfortunately, from my layman position, they appear to have broken the law as they traded in "commodities" and/or "items of monetary value" PRIOR to becoming licensed as a money transmitter in each state.

The American Public has a right to know and as a provider of service you have a duty to provide information related to this.  One simple option is to cut off the USA and if you are not an American you should PROBABLY do this RIGHT NOW.  Else you will be the next to have your funds seized.  Do not think for a second that the Mt Gox issue has ended, it has only just begun.  Liberty Reserve is a great example of what happens to foreigners who deal in America without the appropriate licenses.  

At this time I am unaware of any bitcoin "exchanges" or "lenders" who meet state requirements with the exception of Bitinstant who appears to have filed as a money transmitter in some 30 states and Mt Gox's claim that they are attempting to be fully compliant.  

I have no reason to believe that PERSONAL trading of bitcoin is in ANY way regulated.  Businesses, however, are CERTAINLY regulated if they exchange or buy and sell bitcoin.  A PERSON investing bitcoin into another entity is definitely regulated and has been for 80 years.  

You have a good idea and a big heart but your premise is flawed.

This used to be true but is no longer the case since the 2012 Jobs Act.  Even a pocket IPO site like GLBSE would have been fine except that the SEC has refused to issue guidance on the matter, despite being ordered by congress to do so. However if you are only raising money for your business you are now allowed to do so as long as it complies with the 2012 JOBS act.

I'm not trying to be contrarian here, but according to the text of the warrant, MtGox's Wells Fargo account was seized because they declared under penalty of law that the account they were opening was not to be used for the transference of money, that they were not a money service business and that they would not be engaging in the act of international money transfer.  Regardless of if they hard registered with FinCen as an MSB or not, they lied and got caught.
You are correct that if you trade money for money or money like objects you need to be registered.  In fact there is no penalty for not being an MSB and yet being registered.  However needing to be registered and not doing it is a crime under US Law.  If you accept money for money and there is ANY chance that ANY of your customers is from the USA then you need to register with FinCen.  If they are from Canada you need to register there.  In fact you need to register everywhere, globally worldwide unless you are a chartered bank or financial institution.  If you are chartered then you only need to register in places where YOU have bank accounts.

Agreed to a point.  In this case it's where the money is being sourced not where it's going to.  If you are an American company doing lending you need to register as a lender and comply with all local, state & federal laws.  However if you are from a jurisdiction where there is no need to register, then there is no need to register just to grant loans to Americans.  Be very careful conflating repayment of a loan with acceptance of a deposit.

Now on the other hand you as a foreign entity risk losing the ability to collect on your loan in the case of default if you are not recognized as a lender by the jurisdiction of the customer.  You may also lose recourse.  However you have not broken any laws, you merely assumed risk and lost.
That is a far cry from accepting a deposit for a customer and being in a position of trust and safekeeping.  This is MUCH more tightly regulated.

There is a significant difference between borrowing bitcoin and accepting bitcoin as currency in an exchange of stock.
Borrowing bitcoin would be governed by lending laws and can easily be secured by personal credit or some collateral.  In this case the lender bares the risk of the loan going bad and being defaulted upon.  However they should be recieving an interest payment high enough to cover their own assessment of the risk.
When you are in a position to lend and you lend, you bear responsibility for compliance, not the borrower.  The borrower bears responsibility for repayment.

In the second case where bitcoin is being traded for stock, the same laws apply as any other stock offering.  If it is small enough to fall under the 2012 JOBS act then no harm, no foul, just keep up on your paperwork.  If it is big enough to fall outside the scope of the jobs act then you run a risk, but only if an investor complains.  In this case you as an executive bear personal risk, the corporate veil will not protect you.  It can and will be rolled back in an effort to recoup investor money should your enterprise not meet the expectations of your investors.  However once the ship has sailed, the SEC will not take action generally to shutter you unless you are engaging in illegal activity or activities that are regulated and you are failing to meet regulatory compliance requirements.  Most often they will just fine you for an illegal offering and many times a simple "I'm sorry, and I promise never to do it again" will actually suffice.

The SEC probably isn't what you need to worry about here either.  You also need to comply with securities laws in the state in which you engage in business.  I recommend if you are in Arizona to shut down and re-open in Wyoming.  The Arizona Securities Commission does not care that you have properly registered your offering with the SEC.  If you are an AZ corp and you offer shares of your corp publicly without ALSO registering with the AZ authories they will spank you and take away your birthday.  This is true even if none of your investors are in AZ.  Take my advice on that one.  I personally lost $250,000 a couple years ago just for the solicitation even though I had complied with SEC laws only because my butt happened to be sitting in a chair in Arizona when we made the offering.  This despite the fact that the offering failed to attract 1 cent in outside investment and I was held personally liable (I did use a registered securities lawyer for this too, so don't just trust that advice, read the law and know it).  
That was a crappy year for me.  They almost took away Christmas for my kids! Sad

One other protip.  Make sure you are actually a corp, your LLC is not allowed to issue shares.

They don't need to do this.  They only need to register in the state they are incorporated in.  Then they need to be honest when they fill out applications.  This is what got them, laziness and dishonesty.

You would be cutting off your nose to spite your face.  AML regulations are fairly standardized and are required to participate in the money ecosystem.  Liberty Reserve's screw up was in not bothering to participate in the AML system by becoming registered in ANY jurisdiction to do what they were doing.  Furthermore to the best of my knowledge they have no idea who owned what accounts.  As a deposit taking or money transmitting institution this is illegal in all jurisdictions.  As a lender it's just stupid.
At the time MtGox opened their account they were engaged in money transmission and they were aware of it.  They do have an affirmative defense in that money doesn't enter or leave the systems unless they know the parties involved.  They also have an affirmative defense in that the account itself was not being used for money transmission (to the best of my knowledge) and that FinCen had not yet issued guidance on the matter.

This will end up with a stipulation order demanding they do not do it again, and probably a forfeiture of the funds that have been seized.
If they fight it, it will take several years to work out.  However I'm sure they have a lawyer working on it right now trying to hammer out a settlement.

Bitinstant has to file because they accept deposits in those states.  These are walk in cash deposits.
Unless MtGox adopts the same marked deposit scheme used by BitInstant they won't have to worry about it.
There are services you can use now to accept marked deposits.  These services didn't exist when bitinstant started and last time I tried bitinstant it appeared that they had moved to one or more of these services.  ZipZap is an example.
If you take money from people the law says you need to know who those people are.

Personal trading of bitcoin is as regulated as personal trading of cash.  There is no difference to the government.  If you accept it as a method of payment for goods and services you need to comply with all the laws of your jurisdiction in regards to those goods and services as though they were cash transactions.  This means IRS forms once it reaches a certain threshold.  For instance buying a $10,000 automobile with bitcoin would require the same paperwork as buying a $10,000 automobile with a suitcase full of cash.

A person investing cash in anything is as regulated as a person investing cash into anything.
If I walk into a casino and hand them a suitcase full of cash in exchange for a stack of chips, the same laws apply as if I walk in and hand them a bitcoin QR code.
When I convert those chips back to US Dollars, the same paperwork will need to be filled out and filed.

Same with a bank, same with a western union, same with an investment company, same with a forex.
Cash is cash and bitcoin and all other crypto currencies have now been declared cash by the US & Canada.  It's exactly what we've been asking for because it means that governments are saying that bitcoin is not some exotic investment instrument that needs more regulation.  It is as regulated as cash, no more, no less.  You need to comply with cash laws, not securities law (unless you are accepting bitcoin for shares instead of US Dollars).

It is a good idea to assume that all other countries will eventually follow suit.  
So comply with the laws of where you are at and understand that accepting bitcoin is largely held as being the same as standing where the person is at and taking cash from them.

Donate @ 1LE4D5ERPZ4tumNoYe5GMeB5p9CZ1xKb4V
Nova!

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 09:44:54 PM

Yes, because it is meets the definition of a commodity, and so writing contracts around it causes it to be regulated.  Commodities include things like wheat and gold bars and bitcoin meets the same definition.  I do not think anybody considers bitcoin "money" at this time but it is clearly a commodity AND a possible way to "transfer value".    http://www.sec.gov/about/laws/sa33.pdf

Value transfer systems are highly regulated as described here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200443.0

And here:
http://cryptome.org/2012/05/fbi-bitcoin.pdf

Not it is not a security.  That was sorta the point of FinCen saying it was cash.
Also Gold & Silver are considered a legal currency now in several states and is gaining traction every day.
They're all regulated as cash and cash like instruments.

Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 09:49:18 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2013, 10:33:19 PM by Viceroy

-This used to be true but is no longer the case since the 2012 Jobs Act.  

-If it is small enough to fall under the 2012 JOBS act then no harm, no foul, just keep up on your paperwork.  

You can't do that.  The law was signed by Obabma it's true, but there are no rules yet that allow ANYBODY to actually crowdsource funding.  The SEC has dragged their feet on the matter and the states have said nothing. Like most securities laws there are two completely different sets of rules (fed and state) and there is no state who allows crowdsourced funding... even the fed does not allow it *yet*.

Not it is not a security.  That was sorta the point of FinCen saying it was cash.

That issue is up for debate at all levels.  In my home state it is a commodity, per the "unofficial" position of the securities division.  If somebody would pay to get the "official" position in any state I'm highly confident many would say the same.  

Unofficial interpretation from an actual regulator:
A commodity is more generally defined under the laws as "a useful thing; an article of commerce; a moveable and tangible thing produced or used as the subject of barter or sale."  Bitcoins would be "tangible," because each bitcoin is constructively possessed.  

Nova!

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 10:29:23 PM

That issue is up for debate at all levels.  In my home state it is a commodity, per the "unofficial" position of the securities division.  If somebody would pay to get the "official" position in any state I'm highly confident many would say the same.  

Unofficial interpretation from an actual regulator:
A commodity is more generally defined under the laws as "a useful thing; an article of commerce; a moveable and tangible thing produced or used as the subject of barter or sale."  Bitcoins would be "tangible," because each bitcoin is constructively possessed.  

Federal law trumps state law in all cases of interstate commerce including international commerce.
Still cash is in fact a commodity, it does meet the definition.  Cash is a special case of commodity that is subject to certain specific regulations that other commodities aren't. Cash is well defined and well understood and only subject to the regulations of cash and cash like instruments.
Bitcoin has been declared as "cash" which itself is a specific case of commodity and therefore only the regulations of cash properly apply to bitcoin.

When you swap USD for BTC the same laws apply as when you swap for USD for CAD.  That is to say you need to know the source of funds was a legitimate business activity.

When you swap BTC for USD the above applies as well.

When you accept a deposit of BTC you need to follow the same laws that you would accepting a deposit of CAD or USD.

If you accept BTC from people and allow them to withdraw or send then you need to comply with the same laws you would as either a money transmitter or a bank.

If you lend BTC it is the same as lending USD and you should comply with the same laws as you would as a lender, however here you bear the risk of loss without the chance to recoup if you fail to comply.  It is not a criminal act in and of itself.

This discussion could be extended to the peculiarities of every country though.  The fact is you need to know your customer so you can comply with your own local laws and potentially theirs.

Nova!

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 10:45:09 PM

-This used to be true but is no longer the case since the 2012 Jobs Act.  

-If it is small enough to fall under the 2012 JOBS act then no harm, no foul, just keep up on your paperwork.  

You can't do that.  The law was signed by Obabma it's true, but there are no rules yet that allow ANYBODY to actually crowdsource funding.  The SEC has dragged their feet on the matter and the states have said nothing. Like most securities laws there are two completely different sets of rules (fed and state) and there is no state who allows crowdsourced funding... even the fed does not allow it *yet*.

The rules for an individual business to do it are in place at the federal level.  Utah has a crowd funding law in place.  Last I checked Colorado was looking to do it too and Wyoming doesn't care as long as you register your shares, pay your taxes and no one complains.

What is not in place yet are the rules regarding companies that do this sort of thing on behalf of other companies.  Something like kickstarter for companies cannot yet come into existence because the SEC is in the pocket of big wallstreet firms that make their money raping IPOs.

Still you as an individual small business can do this on your own or with the help of a lawyer.  Just make sure to read the law and comply fully with it.  There are a lot of paperwork obligations and a lot of hoops to jump through, but it's still less than it used to be.
And it is in effect now.

Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 10:51:00 PM

Federal law trumps state law in all cases of interstate commerce including international commerce.

Not in the Case of Colorado & Washington and their overturning Federal marijuana prohibition last year...  if the Fed won't back down this will become new caselaw when the supreme court gets around to listening to it.  The Fed argues they have jurisdiction over marijuana because of interstate commerce.  This is the law of the land from Ashcroft Vs. Raich.

The rules for an individual business to do it are in place at the federal level.

I disagree sir, else you would see people doing it.  We are all awaiting the SEC to make it's rules.  There are other types of funding like SCOR which is done within the boundaries of a state but you cannot crowd fund in the USA yet because the SEC won't let you.

"Unlike some of the other provisions of the JOBS Act, before crowdfunding is lawful the SEC must proposed and finalize additional rules. Despite a December 31, 2012 deadline, no rules have been proposed."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/deborahljacobs/2013/04/17/the-trouble-with-crowdfunding/
SpaceProphet

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 11:25:10 PM

Are you suggesting that most publicly traded bitcoin-centric companies are likely non-compliant could be easy SEC targets?
Nova!

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 11:44:31 PM

Are you suggesting that most publicly traded bitcoin-centric companies are likely non-compliant could be easy SEC targets?

Yes that is one assertion and that assertion is actually valid if the company is based in the USA.

SpaceProphet

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 11:51:08 PM

Yes that is one assertion and that assertion is actually valid if the company is based in the USA.

Yikes.

That is EXACTLY correct, sir.  But as Nova! said you should probably be more concerned about the state regulators at this point.

Thanks for the heads up.
Branny

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 11:59:39 PM

Can anyone here explain to me the compliance aspects of the 2012 JOBs act? I realize they were requiring the SEC to write laws based on microfinance/microfunding however they obviously haven't done so.

This is an aspect I am VERY interested in because it is why I am wanting to seek BTC investment for my company. (My premise was that since BTCT/BF were "Virtual" exchanges, that it would be an out for me).
Coinseeker

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 12:20:58 AM

So then private companies need not worry?  I can accept bitcoins for my restaurant let's say, and currently am not in violation of any laws, correct?

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: