Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:59:57 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Leave Bitcoin in Exchange?  (Read 1142 times)
xCryptoManiaX

Activity: 361
Merit: 137

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:27:28 PM

I've kept my monet on Bittrex for super long time, have 2FA - for now I've had no problems with them.

Bilbo Baggins

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:27:59 PM

It depends what you're aiming to do with your bitcoins, if you're storing them for future use, I suggest you move them to a safer wallet.

But if you intentions is to use them one way or another, no harm will be done if you keep them there for a little while.
suryati

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:30:03 PM

I think it should be moved to a wallet that has a key and password that can only be opened by our own, because if we put in the exchanger there is likely to be burned when the exchanger close or hacked, and keep your key and password in a safe place.  Smiley
cryptobiker

Activity: 39

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:32:13 PM

If its a reputable exchange, then probably they are taking care of the security measures like moving your assets to cold wallet etc.. I have been dealing mainly with Polo since feb 2016 and I still have allot storred in  BTC there, never had an issue ever with them, smooth withdrawals with zero problem when transferring to Node wallet.
zekeshawn

Activity: 254
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:37:56 PM

If you only have few amount of bitcoin stash then its okay to leave that in the exchange or maybe online wallet so that you won't keep paying for the fees if you want to trade and then put it back in your wallet.
Boseda

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:41:43 PM

Some people says that the wrost thing to do is leave your bitcoins in some exchange.
I have 200 usd of btcs in Payeer, it is a online wallet but it also has a exchange.

Do you recommend to me to move this bitcoin to a wallet like Electrum?

Yes, it is always safer to have control of your money. If you put your money on exchanges, they will control it and thus you have many ways to lose it. For example, they could get hacked. Or they could simply disappear with users' money. Too risky in my opinion.

There are exchanges safer and more reliable than others though... and also 200$ is not so much.
chesegrinder

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:45:34 PM

it is better to move your bitcoin on a hard wallet or cold wallet where you can hold your private key like electrum. It is very risky to store your money on exchange as you dont know where they are, who they are and also it is prone to hack. Every single minute there are hackers that attempt to hack those exchange and a single shot of there will cause huge lost on the ex changers admin and also you. Better to move it every time you're done on the site.

ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:45:45 PM

Yes transfer your btc in your personal wallet immediately when we say personal wallet you can control it the way you like to spend it anytime you want the wallet that you can kept your private keys for security reasons to protect your funds Dont leave your bitcoins in exchange for a long time you can control it.

Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:47:48 PM

I like to store anywhere, as long as it is safe and associated with crypto storage. all the same to me. Different are opinions and choices.

Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:51:31 PM

$ 200 is a small amount. I understand that maybe you are from a poor country and therefore for you is an asset. I think you need to think about where to store your bitcoins. You need to think about where to invest the money to earn income.
millgates

Activity: 714

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:01:11 PM

Some people says that the wrost thing to do is leave your bitcoins in some exchange.
I have 200 usd of btcs in Payeer, it is a online wallet but it also has a exchange.

What is the name of that online wallet,  before you decide to use online wallet for store you bitcoin you have to make a research to find the best online wallet with a big brand name, and credibility that thrusted by people. If the wallet that you used is thrusted enough so it is fibe for you to store your bitcoin there. But do not store your bitcoin in exchange site if you are not use it for trading. Just to make your feel not worried all the time.
okissabam

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:01:41 PM

The safest thing for you to do would be to place your Bitcoin in a hardware wallet or an offline wallet where no one will be able to access it unless you would want to because you have the keys. Storing them in an exchange can be hacked so it is like giving the hackers and idea for them to get more money out of the people but if you don't have any choice though, make sure the exchange site you are storing your bitcoin with has a 2fa.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:05:09 PM

$ 200 is a small amount. I understand that maybe you are from a poor country and therefore for you is an asset. I think you need to think about where to store your bitcoins. You need to think about where to invest the money to earn income.

0.05 Bitcoin is not a bad investment to start with I think that there are plenty of things to can do with it, and the number 1 thing to do in earning with it is trading I think a small portion in trading can surely make a good earning with it, well the surely thing to do is find an appropriate Altcoins that you can make a trade with and the cheapest one to start in trading.
Adesaires

Activity: 39

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:07:53 PM

thats a stupid idea, do you know some exchange closed?
better save at paper wallet.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:08:53 PM

If its a reputable exchange, then probably they are taking care of the security measures like moving your assets to cold wallet etc.. I have been dealing mainly with Polo since feb 2016 and I still have allot storred in  BTC there, never had an issue ever with them, smooth withdrawals with zero problem when transferring to Node wallet.
It doesn't matter how reputable an exchange is when it comes to them having control over your funds ~ we've seen how reputable exchanges have turned into a scam in a very short time.

In most cases there are the first signals that are pointing at a change in how the exchange is being operated, but you can't always depend on these initial signals to warn you for an exchange that might turn into a scam.

And btw..... People nowadays have been going through quite some difficulties with Poloniex, and for that reason made a switch to Bittrex. If I was you, I would directly withdraw every coin from there that you don't trade with.

Don't expose your coins to unnecessary risks.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
coolstory

Activity: 211

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:11:10 PM

The safest thing for you to do would be to place your Bitcoin in a hardware wallet or an offline wallet where no one will be able to access it unless you would want to because you have the keys. Storing them in an exchange can be hacked so it is like giving the hackers and idea for them to get more money out of the people but if you don't have any choice though, make sure the exchange site you are storing your bitcoin with has a 2fa.

Yeah, leaving bitcoins inside an exchange wallet is not suggested by the masters. You can't control it, if the Exchange turns into a scam, you can't do nothing to save your bitcoins and they steal it.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:11:36 PM

It is true that storing bitcoin in exchanges is really risky but at the same time it is not easy to move bitcoin in an out of exchanges during flash pump and dump. Just store bitcoin in exchanges if you want to make short term trades for daily profit but if you are looking for long term holding, than don't hold your bitcoin in any exchange platforms.

Yes electrum and jaxx are best SPV wallets you can use, however hardware wallet is the ultimate solution.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:20:24 PM

Well, there isn't a way that one can trade on an exchange without leaving certain amount of btc there for impromptu and opportunistic buying. I don't think that $200 worth the OP mentioned is a big deal. It isn't much of a risk if you asked me. It should be a buffer for OP's convenience. What I do not buy into is people leaving several thousands of dollar worth in an exchange.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:25:52 PM

Keep, along with 2-FA security in each:

-15% bitcoins at Localbitcoins
-15% at Bittrex
-15% at Poloniex
-15% at Blockchain
-40% in Paper wallet

That's what I do! Grin
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:27:18 PM

$200 is not huge amount but also not low amount and for me trustable exchange will ensure your fund to keep it safe even not for a long time because there is no 100% guarantee last long even trustable exchange will not always safe and if you want to save for long term then offline wallet is more good than save into the exchange but i personally rather than idle my $200 in the exchange i think i would use that money to investing at trustable gambling sites i think it will more usefull
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: