Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:26:48 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: market is going down, what to buy ? ;D  (Read 1114 times)
Bummers

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:54:37 PM

why is everyone quoting altcoin price in $??   the vast majority of these coins are bought with btc so you need to go by satoshis not the $

if the price of  xyz coin went up 10x in $ but decreased 3x in satoshis with btc staying at a similar price you would lose money.... you have to go by satoshis and a lot of these altcoins have not dropped that much relative to btc

Because if you were to use your dollars to buy btc and then straight away use that to purchase the alt-coin then that is the $ price you've bought it for.
Archimedes

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:05:41 PM

why is everyone quoting altcoin price in $??   the vast majority of these coins are bought with btc so you need to go by satoshis not the $

if the price of  xyz coin went up 10x in $ but decreased 3x in satoshis with btc staying at a similar price you would lose money.... you have to go by satoshis and a lot of these altcoins have not dropped that much relative to btc

Because if you were to use your dollars to buy btc and then straight away use that to purchase the alt-coin then that is the $ price you've bought it for.

you still don't get it

yes, that would be the price you bought it but not in usd it would be the price you bought it in btc....

ill give a concrete example because it seems this isnt easy to understand

lets say you buy btc at $5000 a btc and you buy 3 btc

you immediately convert to another coin worth .5 satoshi so you get 6 of these coins

now lets say the price of btc    doubles to $10,000 a coin   but the price of the coin you now own goes down to .1 satoshi and you want to convert to btc so you can convert to fiat

those 6 coins  you own will not get you 3  btc now worth $30 k.... they will get you  .6 btc which  which you then convert into $6000

do you guys get it now?

BMG86

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:10:38 PM

why is everyone quoting altcoin price in $??   the vast majority of these coins are bought with btc so you need to go by satoshis not the $

if the price of  xyz coin went up 10x in $ but decreased 3x in satoshis with btc staying at a similar price you would lose money.... you have to go by satoshis and a lot of these altcoins have not dropped that much relative to btc

you still don't get it

yes, that would be the price you bought it but not in usd it would be the price you bought it in btc....

ill give a concrete example because it seems this isnt easy to understand

lets say you buy btc at $5000 a btc and you buy 3 btc

you immediately convert to another coin worth .5 satoshi so you get 6 of these coins

now lets say the price of btc doubles to $10,000 but the price of the coin you now own goes down to .1 satoshi and you want to convert to btc so you can convert to fiat

those 6 coins  you own will not get you 3 btc.... they will get you  .6 btc which  which you then convert into $6000

do you guys get it now?

Yeah I dont think a lot of people quite understand because they only look at the dollar amounts. A lot of coins even though are worth more USD now then they were months ago, but if you would of sold them at that time for btc instead you would have had more money due to the huge rise in btc. So basically you would of had more money now if you would of just bought the amount of btc that they were worth at the time.

Hopefully in the future altcoins won't be tied so much to btc value so when theres a big rise or crash for bitcoin, altcoins won't be affected as much.
ahmadakbari

Activity: 602
Merit: 116

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:28:53 PM

Soon everything will go back to normal. I think now is the best time to buy Ethereum, Dash, Litecoin and Monero. These coins with their marketcap usually are more stable than others. So after increase in price, We will never see these prices again.
deddod

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:36:23 PM

Soon everything will go back to normal. I think now is the best time to buy Ethereum, Dash, Litecoin and Monero. These coins with their marketcap usually are more stable than others. So after increase in price, We will never see these prices again.
This is a very rare moment most altcoins look cheap. buy and hold until the end of the year and gain as much profit as possible.

▄█▄
   ██▀  ▄█▄
  ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
 ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
▐█▌  ▄█▀  ▄▀
██   ██  
██   ██  
██   ██  
▐█▌  ▀█▄  ▀▄
 ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
  ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
   ██▄  ▀█▀
    ▀█▀
████
▀▀▀▀
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▐████
▀▀     ▄▄▄▄▄▀██████████▐████
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████▀ ▀▄▄▄     ▐████
▀▀     ▄▀███▄▄▄▄       ▐████
▄▄   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▐████
▄▄   ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████

▀▄▄▀▀▀  ██████           ▐████
██████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████

▄▄  ████▀▄██████████▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████████████▐████
BIDIUM       ▄█▄
   ▄█▄
  ▀██

▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
  ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▐█▌
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
  ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▐█▌
 ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▄██
▄▀
  ▄█▀  ▄██
   ▀█▀
  ▄██
       ▀█▀

Altcoinster

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 12:03:35 AM

You should have a look at modum. The ICO is still running but its Tier 3! It will be a great project, they already have some nice partnerships and there are some really nice investors behind the project.
Waves is also at discount prices while this bearish momentum. Waves is a very nice long term bag in my opinion!
Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 12:06:40 AM

I think there is more room to drop before I plan on buying back in. Once BTC hits ~$2700 then I will start bargain hunting.

SleepMachine

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 02:37:42 AM

I think there is more room to drop before I plan on buying back in. Once BTC hits ~$2700 then I will start bargain hunting.
the same idea with you. my target is 2k8 for bitcoin. So I will wait price fall down to my target and buy everything I can see Cheesy

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: