Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:58:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] cgScryptPanel -- Easy Management of Multiple Mining Machines -- xPlatform!  (Read 1444 times)
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 06:47:28 PM

Hello! All downloads are at the bottom of the post. Please read this post to understand what is going on!
Note: add the flag "--gpu-fan 100" to the Additional Arguments box to set the GPU fan to 100% Smiley

cgScryptPanel allows you to manage up to 16 different miners over the internet or on an internal network. Here's a screenshot:

Cross-Platform note:
The included java Jars will run on any platform that you have Java installed on. This means the Panel *should* work out-of-the-box on every platform Java supports Smiley
However, the Client itself comes with the windows binary of cgminer. However, the command it uses to start cgminer is ambiguous, and so replacing the folder cgminer with a folder of cgminer with a cgminer executable inside compiled for your platform will work fine on Linux and MacOSX. Smiley

How it works:
This program comes in two parts, a Client and a Panel. The Client runs on every single miner you want to control. The panel then connects to up to 16 Clients, and allows you to control them and monitor them in realtime. The Client is based on cgminer, and communicates with cgminer locally through localhost RPC. While the configuration panel for each miner has plenty of options, if you need additional options such as GPU overclocks, or extra command line options, you can do both proxied custom JSON RPC Calls (with responses) and additional flags (Additional Miner Arguments Box).

How to use it:
-On your own, you figure out your optimal values for thread-concurrency or shaders, intensity, etc for cgminer on that particular machine.
-You download and extract the Client program (and Java, if you need to) on the mining computer.
-You start up the Client program, and answer the questions it asks. Remember your port and password!
-If you are on linux or MacOSX, you will have to replace the cgminer with a folder called cgminer with a compiled version of cgminer inside. For Windows, the compiled binary of cgminer is already there. (If on Windows, ignore this step).
-(Optional) Set the program to run at startup. On Windows, put a .bat file in your Startup folder that points to the Client.jar file. It will save the preferences you enter, so the next time it runs it won't ask any questions, and will be ready to mine! On Linux, add "java -jar /path/to/Client.jar" to your /etc/rc.local file, preferably at the end unless you know you want it somewhere else.
-If you will be managing this computer from a remote location, forward the port you entered into Client.jar through your router, and connect with your external IP address.
-Download the Panel onto your control computer (Your personal laptop or desktop where you want to manage the miners from).
-Start up the Panel, and click on one of the boxes with a + sign in it.
-Enter the details for each miner that you set up. One panel window can handle up to 16 miners on either your local network, the internet, or a combination of the two.

License:

I license Client.jar and Panel.jar from the below downloads as Creative Commons, specifically Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0) (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/). In normal terms, this means that you are free to create derivative works of the artwork and code behind this program, as long as you pass on the Creative Commons license. It can be used in commercial environments, and to be honest I really can't see where else it would be used. If you fix a bug or make something cool with it, let me know! I might implement the change into the main version if you want. Smiley I wrote the program for myself as I have multiple miners to manage, and decided to publish it. I guarantee absolutely no fitness of this program. I don't promise it will work, and I don't honestly know if it will. It's had limited testing, but it has worked well for me so far. I don't guarantee against loss or damages in any way. Mining is hard on hardware, and stuff can go. I purposely didn't put in the ability to do overclocking without you adding in additional arguments in the additional arguments box. Only use it if you know what you are doing. Smiley

Support:
I'll provide limited support on these forums, and hope to be active in squashing bugs as they arrise.

Please note:
-->When you start the miner, it will say ERROR! until it is able to connect. Give it around 10 seconds. If it's gotten to this point, the main reasons you would see an Error is because cgminer crashed, or something similar. Give it a bit of time!

If people are interested in additional features, let me know.

Downloads:

Compiled Binaries (If you don't know what you want, this is what you want):
Client:      http://www.theopeneffect.com/Programs/cgScryptPanel/Client.zip
Panel:      http://www.theopeneffect.com/Programs/cgScryptPanel/Panel.zip
Source Code (Be warned, there are few to no comments and it isn't organized very well):
Client:     http://www.theopeneffect.com/Programs/cgScryptPanel/ClientSource.zip
Panel:      http://www.theopeneffect.com/Programs/cgScryptPanel/PanelSource.zip

Cheers! Smiley

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
mxc0bbn

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

Welcome to Miami!

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 05:48:54 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2013, 06:00:49 AM by mxc0bbn

Can't make this work...I get as far as the error but it never goes away...I never get a hashrate...

I stopped the firewall on both the miner and console box to make sure it wasn't interfering...

still nothing

A few questions to make sure I'm doing it right:

1.  Are you supposed to start mining before connecting the console to the client or do you allow the console to start cgminer?

2.  why does it need pool worker id/credentials if all it's doing is looking at the local cgminer?

Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 01:05:25 PM

Can't make this work...I get as far as the error but it never goes away...I never get a hashrate...

I stopped the firewall on both the miner and console box to make sure it wasn't interfering...

still nothing

A few questions to make sure I'm doing it right:

1.  Are you supposed to start mining before connecting the console to the client or do you allow the console to start cgminer?

2.  why does it need pool worker id/credentials if all it's doing is looking at the local cgminer?

The "Client.jar" program runs on the miner itself, and does everything with cgminer from starting it up to monitoring it to shutting it down. Is it "ERROR" in red, or the connection failed screen?

mxc0bbn

Welcome to Miami!

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:06:08 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2013, 02:32:51 PM by mxc0bbn

Ok, let me make sure I'm doing it right:

1.  cgminer [folder] is in the same directory as client.jar (is this correct?)

2.  Should cgminer be stopped or running prior to starting client.jar?

3.  If the answer above is "stopped" then that means that panel.jar will try to start cgminer on the client once the connection is started correct?

4.  On the panel side I added a connection by entering the IP address, port, miner password and nothing else.  In the additional miner arguments I added --config cgminer.conf.  Will this work?  

5.  Is the pool information necessary in order to get hashrates or are they based solely on the local cgminer reported stats?  If they are necessary then how do I enter the pool address?  Most pool URLs are "stratum+tcp://stratum.miningpool.com"  In your screenshot you just have the http://pooladdress.com

I tried both ways and this is what I got

On the client side:
cgminer is stopped
client.jar is running

On the panel side
started panel.jar
added connection (using both URL methods listed above)

When I hit "connect" it comes up to a green pick that says "start mining"...when I click on that...on the client side you can see a command window briefly come up and go away...And the error on the panel remains forever.

Also, I added the javaw.exe to the firewall "allow" on both the miner and panel computers and when that didn't work I disabled the firewall on both computers, but got the same results.

on edit:
I am using Win8x64.  I also tried it on a Win7x64 miner and got same results.

richgene

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:12:08 PM

Oh wow I hope this works. This would be great for quickly checking in on things and making minor changes.

~richgene
mxc0bbn

Welcome to Miami!

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 10:42:03 PM

I tried it on another machine (Win 7) and I got a little further this time, but once I "start mining" on the panel I get the following error in a box that pops up on the client:

Windows cannot find 'cgminer\cgminer' Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again

mxc0bbn

Welcome to Miami!

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 03:22:06 AM

so I guess no help on this then...

Well so much for trying to market it if ya can't even get help on the forum when it doesn't work.

Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 03:34:47 AM

I tried it on another machine (Win 7) and I got a little further this time, but once I "start mining" on the panel I get the following error in a box that pops up on the client:

Windows cannot find 'cgminer\cgminer' Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again

Is the jar file being launched from that folder itself, and not an external location, like a batch script that doesn't cd into a directory? :\

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: