Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:10:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you like to see in an ICO?  (Read 1050 times)
kwaasteniet (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:54:02 PM

Are buyers of ICO cryptos.. What are important things you guys like to see in a company / company presentation when buying their crypto?

What are the top 3 important things would you say that makes something more appealing?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 08:49:06 PM

Are buyers of ICO cryptos.. What are important things you guys like to see in a company / company presentation when buying their crypto?

What are the top 3 important things would you say that makes something more appealing?

To me, the most important thing is a business plan that will keep the crypto valued high. 

Most ICOs only concentrate on product launch, and have no idea how to keep their coin popular.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:08:20 PM

1. Make a job. For example like : typing captcha, trading, url shortener, ads, ptc, and many more that pays user with the ICO.
2. Dont just launch with a fancy website but not convincing. I prefer a simple website, with an old interface (load fast) but to the point.
3. When I see new ICO, I always confused by their website. Most of them are just bullshit to make people buy.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:17:06 PM

1.A plan and a solid team.
 2.It's 2017,most of the ideas are saturated and if you're not offering something unique to the market,your project is already a failure.
 3.The team is actually making efforts for marketing,codebase in the active development phase before the ICO.I hate to see projects with empty github codebase before the ICO.
 4.Idea plays the most important role but without a great team,the idea wouldn't go anywhere.

Most ICOs only concentrate on product launch, and have no idea how to keep their coin popular.

Yes! That's because they have made their money and now the project just survives due to traders.
peschi

Activity: 355
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:28:41 PM

1) A coin should be related to the project (inside the "project DNA"). I would never invest in an ICO where the token is just a new funding model.
2) Solid business plan including road map (tech and marketing & economic)
3) A good team (with experience)
4) A hardcap (not extraordinary)
5) A good token sell ration (+ 80% distributed in tokensale)
6) unsold token burned (also the equivalent of the team reserve burned)

Generally, I always want to understand the USE CASE for the crypto.

rosygreat

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:32:49 PM

The most important is to see a means of exchange immediately after the ICO.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:34:11 PM

Just make sure that you have plans on how you are going to support your coin. Most of the ICO's are just good in making whitepapers, road maps and so on. But they are not fulfilling what's on their plan and worst comes worst the developers of it are now trying to jump in into another project and simply living that project alone.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
ZODIAQ

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 12:19:37 PM

There are so many schemers at the moment, that having an escrow-agent is also an advantage Smiley
alexchain

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 04:26:02 PM

Economical part of the whitepaper. I love to see clear explanations why the coin will grow.
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 04:42:02 PM

The most interesting part of an ICO is the coin really has usability which can be used for something useful, not just creating a coin to compete with bitcoin, litecoin, ethereum as an alternative way to send money, and there are some coins which offers anonymous transaction as well, so it's not a good idea to duplicate the idea without adding more features because people believe in 'first come first serve'. A coin gain trust from many people because it's been around for a long time and proven has a good developers.
Pixiu

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 05:51:28 PM

Business model that explains how to make profit.
Also, can be trade on some exchanges.
Johj

Activity: 176
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:30:52 PM

A coin with actual usage. I also look for projects that really need the funding to acheive their goal, instead of projects moneygrabbing for no real reason.
Zimbabwecoin

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 06:13:27 PM

Will it appreciate in value is all I care.

Planning to launch Zimbabwecoin in the future. Focused on building a community around it now.
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:22:01 AM

Utility of the tokens, weekly news updates, low marketcap, pre-sale and a lot of communication with the community.
Short and (very) easy. That's the new secret to a successful ICO
aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 09:17:52 AM

Worked with a couple of icos in the past and here are some things that made me want to work for them.

1. Good communication, whether it be on the ANN thread or just via telegram/slack channels, the icos would always respond super quickly and their answer would always be well structured and correct.

2. Organisation, no one would invest in an ico if the day the ANN thread went up, their entire team went on vacation, plan ahead people.

Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 09:27:36 AM

To me, the most important thing is a business plan that will keep the crypto valued high. 

Most of them do really follow this path on which when the coin is already launched on exchanges they do forget about on their roadmap.They didnt tend to continue because they are already earned some profits but there are still some projects did really put a focus on what they had started. The thing thats appealing to me when joining ICO is their real-life usage,if i saw theres a new innovation and do have a strong community support then it does have the potential on being successful not only on making profits but the contribution that it gives.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Winderer

Activity: 411
Merit: 19

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 10:09:31 AM

Most important thing is a team and experience of team members. Did they make any cryptoprojects yet?
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 04:45:08 PM

1. Professionaly made White Paper with a full description of ICO and it's position on the current market. Current opportunities and detailed plan how you will get them. Fast responding team and good promotion among the investors and users.
2. Some overviews from side technicall experts. I'm not experienced in progrmming so I need to know it the project is legit.
BenOnceAgain

Activity: 208
Merit: 84

🌐 www.btric.org 🌐

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 05:10:12 PM

1. Potential of their concept.  If it's unique, that's great, but it has to be something that has a market/need.  If it's not unique, I want to know why it's better than the others in the space.

2. Financials.  I want to make sure that the costs are reasonable, both for the coin/token at ICO price, as well as the budget forecast to build out/invest in growth.  Reviewing business proposals for a living, I'd rather see a higher budget that takes into account uncertainty than a low budget that doesn't get the project to the finish line.  That said, there are limits to high-balling it.  It's a judgement call based on the project and my own experience in building out businesses.  I want to see compensation amounts for the team that are reasonable, both for any pre-market time as well as eventual release of any set-aside currency for the team.  I'd much rather see currency set-aside for the business itself than for the founders, though I recognize that some reward to them is warranted.

3. Engagement.  I want to see engagement with the community.  I'd rather fund projects at the pre-ICO stage that are active, engaged, and seeking to build a team and better their concept than a project with a full team but limited interaction by at least some members of that team with the wider community.

The quality of their website is not as important to me as the details of their concept and its potential.  Many people with great ideas are not web designers.  They can get those when they have some seed funding.

Dream it. Plan it. Build it.
Need help with your project? [MY WEBSITE] | [MY COMPANY] | [BLOG] | [TWITTER] | [LINKEDIN] | [EMAIL]
Want to help support the blockchain charity I'm building? [LEARN ABOUT BTRIC] | [DONATE] | [TWITTER] | [EMAIL]
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 05:10:41 PM

i like to see ICO projects that are proven to be working like platforms such as ETH and the likes. and those projects that can possibly be created in less than a year or ICO with a working product already which means it could never be a scam.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀