Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:30:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Exchanges for alt coins and where to trade new ones?  (Read 692 times)
Grimeta (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:39:43 PM

Hi, I'm new and have my eye on some alt coins.

I tried Bittrex but it doesn't have a coin I want. Meanwhile Coinbase doesn't allow trades for my country.  

What are best exchanges that support a lot of alt coins?
Also which exchanges adds the new ones fastest usually?
staywoke081

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

Santa Coin

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:59:27 PM

hello there,

Well generally Bittrex and Poloniex is a good place for alts as they have majority of the good ones listed. However, they dont always have 100% of all the good coins listed

and as of right now I think they are backed up. That being said, the smaller exchanges add new coins faster as they dont mind having more coins in their net but they generally

get less traffic. Those sites include cryptopia, novaexchange, bleutrade, and livecoin. If all else fails look your coin up on google and it should come up on Coinmarketcap. And

from there under the "markets" section you should be able to find where exactly the coin your looking for is listed. Hope that helps clear things up for you, good luck.

btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:13:35 PM

If you want to check if you coin is listed in which exchange then that i think you can find in their announcement thread. Yobit, cryptopia, liqui.io this are some exchanges which are mostly listing the new coins very soon.
sabbathhawk

Activity: 266
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 09:46:44 PM

Hello

There is no single one exchange that have all coins. If you are interested in one particular coin you can check what exchanges have listed it. You can check on https://coinmarketcap.com/ Find your coin and check the tabs whit all exchanges which have trades with it
I've use and satisfied with these
poloniex
liqui.io
bitfinex

good luck!

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
Grimeta (OP)

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:15:22 PM

Cryptopia seems really nice and has the coins I wanted! Best part - no verification needed. Thanks a lot guys!  Kiss
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 11:17:54 PM

Hello

There is no single one exchange that have all coins. If you are interested in one particular coin you can check what exchanges have listed it. You can check on https://coinmarketcap.com/ Find your coin and check the tabs whit all exchanges which have trades with it
poloniex
liqui.io
bitfinex

good luck!
I don't think bitfinex is safe to trade i almost heard that site was scamming from last year and until now even in reddit they are not safe to trade.

If you really want to be safe trade much better to go trade in cex.io and poloniex also you can also trade in cryptopia i was trading there not all cryptocurrency are listed there but there are many coins that are legit to invest in . .

Coinmarketcap will good source also to know where you can get that altcoin
Just like this one https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/#markets you can see the list of exchange site where you can buy bitcoin. .
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 02:20:55 AM

Hello

poloniex
liqui.io
bitfinex

good luck!

This is true. Coin market is awesome and I'm glad you recommended it to the OP. It will just show you everything you need to know with links to the exchange market. It also links right to the coin so you can be sure it's the correct one which is helpful for someone new.  I myself enjoy novaexchange, cryptopia and coinexchange they easy to use. Remember trade is small amounts untill you k ow what you are doing.  Good luck !! Smiley

linyhan

Activity: 684
Merit: 250

Early Funders Registration: monartis.com

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 02:29:12 AM

I tried Bittrex but it doesn't have a coin I want. Meanwhile Coinbase doesn't allow trades for my country.  

Just search on google the altcoin you want and check on markets there you can find where to buy and exchange that altcoins your searching.

▀█████▄▀████▄▀███▄▀██▄▀█▄▀▄        NUPay        ▄▀▄█▀▄██▀▄███▀▄████▀▄█████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   A New Crypto-Payment Platform   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█      Telegram  ]      [   Medium   ]      [   ICO Page   ]      [  Facebook  ]      [ Instagram ]      █
pperi041

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:49:59 AM

liqui.io
wBlue62

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:42:48 AM

Go to coinmarketcap.com and find your coins. See which exchanges have the most volume for it. If there is one or two exchanges that have all the coins you want with strong volume, join that one or those ones.
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:43:48 AM

Hello

poloniex
liqui.io
bitfinex

good luck!
I don't think bitfinex is safe to trade i almost heard that site was scamming from last year and until now even in reddit they are not safe to trade.

If you really want to be safe trade much better to go trade in cex.io and poloniex also you can also trade in cryptopia i was trading there not all cryptocurrency are listed there but there are many coins that are legit to invest in . .

Just like this one https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/#markets you can see the list of exchange site where you can buy bitcoin. .

what you told is correct that trading in bitfinex is not safe but same is with cex.io as i also got information that this exchange is also scamming the users and some coin listed in this exchange are manipulated by the exchange itself.

Hello

poloniex
liqui.io
bitfinex

good luck!

This is true. Coin market is awesome and I'm glad you recommended it to the OP. It will just show you everything you need to know with links to the exchange market. It also links right to the coin so you can be sure it's the correct one which is helpful for someone new.  I myself enjoy novaexchange, cryptopia and coinexchange they easy to use. Remember trade is small amounts untill you k ow what you are doing.  Good luck !! Smiley

Leaving Cryptopia other two exchanges Novaexchange and coin exchange are totally waste exchange where their is no big trades going on only scam coins are traded and that too their coin developers sell and running off making traders loss.
Crypto Lady

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:35:14 PM

Hello

poloniex
liqui.io
bitfinex

good luck!

Hi, I see that you have understanding  maybe you can recommend as too many different exchanges what is the best way to deposit money from my bank, what exchanges are reliable in this? thanks

defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:04:34 AM

bittrex is the safest exchange and has a large number of legit coins.
liqui.io seems to get the best new coins faster, but I find the software is clumsy and causes me to need to refresh often.
poloniex - It used to be popular but I would stay away as they seem to be a bit dodgy.

If those 3 exchanges do not have the coin you want to exchange your best option is yobit as they have almost every coin out there, just be careful on there as they have a lot of pump n dumps.
24Kt

Activity: 1092
Merit: 67

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 11:20:23 PM

bittrex is the safest exchange and has a large number of legit coins.
liqui.io seems to get the best new coins faster, but I find the software is clumsy and causes me to need to refresh often.
poloniex - It used to be popular but I would stay away as they seem to be a bit dodgy.

If those 3 exchanges do not have the coin you want to exchange your best option is yobit as they have almost every coin out there, just be careful on there as they have a lot of pump n dumps.
as bittrex there are several exchanges that are just as safe, polinex ect....
blobbyheadstone

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:15:32 AM

If you trade your Bitcoins to Ether first you can use Etherdelta.

Its a decentralized exchange with no account registration needed. All you need is a private-key which you can generate there.

Check out this thread for more info: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2201190.0
Crypto Lady

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:54:15 AM

If you trade your Bitcoins to Ether first you can use Etherdelta.

Its a decentralized exchange with no account registration needed. All you need is a private-key which you can generate there.

Check out this thread for more info: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2201190.0

I read a lot that more and more people are recommending Etherdelta, some say small volume to get good profit, but also due to so many problems with scammers who try to steel your private key, a bit scary to use it . Also the interface is not very user friendly Sad

Hichi

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:50:00 PM

liqui offers a quite good exchange service. They list by far most of the new crypto's out there are you're likely to find what you're looking for there. If the coin just finished an ICO, it's unlikely that you'll find it trading anywhere.. these are usually listed after a couple of teams (depending on the project's founders) and in some cases their availability is pretty limited.
word1211

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:25:19 PM

i want to trade xrp where can i find it being traded?
sneakgeekzog

Activity: 19

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 04:08:00 PM

i want to trade xrp where can i find it being traded?

My go to place to see where coins are being traded is coinmarketcap.com.
I search for the coin then click on the markets tab and you will see the list of exchanges.

XRP is on many exchanges if you search on coinmarketcap.
letecia012

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:06:56 AM

you can check coinmarketcap.com to determine what exchange your coin is traded. most common exchange that being traded by newly coin is etherdelta
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: