Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:14:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: At what price do we say enough is enough for bitcoin?  (Read 514 times)
Tmnt581 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:56:28 PM

Provided bitcoin continues to decline should we sell at $2500 or just forget about what we have invested in the crypto and let it all go to Hell? What number would you sell at?
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:40:34 PM

Provided bitcoin continues to decline should we sell at $2500 or just forget about what we have invested in the crypto and let it all go to Hell? What number would you sell at?

If you're keeping the option of selling in mind and you bought at a high price, sell now. There will be a period where Bitcoin is fluctuating around a lower value than it was before and it might even drop further. Beyond that, I personally believe people will be trying to hop on the chain by buying low, so this could potentially push the price higher in the long (ish) run.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:48:37 PM

If I had bought BTC at the absolute peak, I would hold regardless of how much the price would drop and might even proceed to buy a bit more. The average buying price of my BTC would thus be lowered a bit. As mentioned above me, masses of people are looking for oppertunities to buy in (again) at a lower price and this would eventually stop the decline of the value of BTC.
bettercrypto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 10:00:00 PM

I think I wouldn't have a chance to say enough is enough for bitcoin since I believe bitcoin has the capability to bounce back after a series of dip prices.  We have seen it from 2013 to 2017.  so I believe this confusion and FUD is just temporary, and if ever Bitcoin fall under $3k I believe it is best to wait since it would be a disaster to our fund if we bought it  at around $4k.  I will still sell my BTC at my selling price and i won't cut losses.  It is all or nothing for me in Bitcoin.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:06:01 PM

For a lot of people there will be mental barriers at which they will sell, generally whole numbers so 3k, 2.5k, 2k. For most people though they will now be looking to invest in more bitcoin at a good time instead of selling their coins. The likelihood of btc not recovering to 5k soon is somewhat reasonable but the likelihood of it crashing far below the current (approx 3.3k) value is much less likely in my opinion.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:09:15 PM

No, don't forget about with the amount you invested. What's even your primary reason why you invested? It's because you want to get profit and with the current situation that's happening, you just need to wait and if ever you wanted to sell now just wait for the price of bitcoin to reach back the amount you invested in it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Kaiser_Rick

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

Ethereum Future

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:11:24 PM

I sell only at a price increase. when the price falls, it makes sense to buy

ETHEREUM FUTURE   /// Masternodes, POW/POS, Nist5, High ROI (http://ethereumfuture.net/)
Absentis

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:16:10 PM

If you bought the bitcoin value at that equal price before then do not sell it, just think that you are just starting to invest. Put in mind that bitcoin starts at $1 before and most bitcoiner of that value are now rich and enjoying the moments at the high value. I believe this will be a temporary because when bitcoin will become more cheaper many investor would come out and grab the opportunity to buy bitcoin at the cheapest price and re invest it.
Tmnt581 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:18:18 PM

Thanks guys.
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:18:39 PM

No you shouldn't sell now. If we went ahead and join the panic selling that has been happening, we would only contribute to a more decrease in price. Just have patience and hold until the price bounces back.
L00n3y

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 11:29:25 PM

It depends from you if you will going to sell or not. If there's an emergency do you think you couldn't sell your bitcoin even in a low price, I don't think so. For me as long as there's an emergency I will going to sell my bitcoin no matter what it is price. Our needs and health is more important than waiting the price of bitcoin to pump.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 12:14:41 AM

Buy high, sell low?

I have analysed this strategy and concluded that money will be lost. This is not the preferred aim.

It took over three years for people who bought in late 2013 to be in the green. I doubt it'll take that long this time but anyone who bought in recently should be prepared for a wait. No direction continues unbroken forever, that includes down as well as up.
Zuilhsa

Activity: 296
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 06:50:06 AM

I say don't sell in loss, if you bought at high price you have to be patient now, if you bought at low price and if you are in a mind to sell then go ahead. My opinion is that the price fluctuations are there from the beginning, bitcoin experience more ups and downs, don't get back, as speculated price will bounce back and reach $5k in the long run.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: