Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:19:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: would an investment of 40 Million $ change the current bitcoin price?  (Read 783 times)
tulpe123 (OP)

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:57:57 PM

Hello

would an investment to BUY bitcoins at a value of 40 million $ change the current bitcoin chart?
Aveatrex

Activity: 840
Merit: 375

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:15:25 PM

Hello

would an investment to BUY bitcoins at a value of 40 million $ change the current bitcoin chart?
Do you mean buying bitcoin at 1BTC=$40m?If that's what you mean ofcourse it will change the current bitcoin chart.
If you mean buying $40 million worth of bitcoin at normal prices,I don't think it will change the charts.I also don't think that it's the right time to buy bitcoin as I expect that it will go down even more.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
pearlmen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:24:29 PM

Hello

Do you mean buying bitcoin at 1BTC=$40m?If that's what you mean ofcourse it will change the current bitcoin chart.
If you mean buying $40 million worth of bitcoin at normal prices,I don't think it will change the charts.I also don't think that it's the right time to buy bitcoin as I expect that it will go down even more.

What I am sure he meant is that if pumping $40 million dollars would change the situation of things currently and I am sire it would because what the market needs is a major push and immediately other people will follow. If the price is currently at say $3300 and I make a bid to buy as much as say 100000btc at $3500, then someone somewhere will put in his 100btc wanting to sell at $3600 and that's exactly how it will pick up.
OneNattyLitecoin

Activity: 356
Merit: 335

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:27:01 PM

If you put in a 12000 BTC buy wall, I think you'd keep the price even and people would dump on you at that price then it would go down and youd panic sell at a huge loss. If you bought up, I think you'd move the price up for a hot minute, a few folks would see this as a reversal, OGs would spot new money and you'd still be rekt.

About 50,000BTC took the price from $3890 to $3300 on bitfjnex

~$180M
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:46:22 PM

If you put in a 12000 BTC buy wall, I think you'd keep the price even and people would dump on you at that price then it would go down and youd panic sell at a huge loss. If you bought up, I think you'd move the price up for a hot minute, a few folks would see this as a reversal, OGs would spot new money and you'd still be rekt.

About 50,000BTC took the price from $3890 to $3300 on bitfjnex

~$180M

I love this analysis and I would agree that the price at this time is really not something a pump will occur in that people who are even holding, are waiting for an improvement in price before they cash out which will mean a loss in the making for whoever will be taking that decision.

I think the approach of the $40 million will work when the market settles a bit from the panics that all these have created for everyone to know the true position of things before we can then start talking about healing our wounds.
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:05:04 PM

Hello

I think if that 40 million dollar is used to buy bitcoin aggressively then I guess it will have an effect.  Though it should be done in "style" or strategy.  It can buy around 11k BTC and if the strategy influenced other traders creating a panic buy (FOMO) then it will effectively change the chart from dip to uptrend.  This 40 million dollar must make an impact to the mind of traders and observers in order to change the current bitcoin chart.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:59:47 PM

No, the btc market is currently worth more than $ 50 billion, so $ 40 million will change absolutely nothing in the balance and prices will not budge. If you are looking to spend this amount, invest in a altcoins and above all, do not forget to warn me a few days before investing it, while I fill up ahah! I suggest you a currency whose maket cap is <$ 1 million, history that there is a little sport ahah
samus.aran

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 11:21:34 PM

It would help the price a lot. But nobody in their right mind would buy $40 million worth of Bitcoin at once.
A conscious investor would buy this over the course of a week, or over the course of several weeks.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 11:29:12 PM

No, the btc market is currently worth more than $ 50 billion, so $ 40 million will change absolutely nothing in the balance and prices will not budge. If you are looking to spend this amount, invest in a altcoins and above all, do not forget to warn me a few days before investing it, while I fill up ahah! I suggest you a currency whose maket cap is <$ 1 million, history that there is a little sport ahah

I don't kniw how you say know but for me it will be having a great change. That is $40 million dude, in the past the Bitcoin market cap is at $40 million, yes market cap is only a number but when someone bought bitcoin that big, it will certainly make the price move up. I've watch a youtube video about this but I forgot it's title though.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
24core

Activity: 582

An Impressive Purely Anonymous Currency.

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 10:46:31 PM

I believe it will have an affect especially if you buy all the bitcoins at once. That much money can change any crypto price!

ScaryMe

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:46:54 PM

Amazing if you gonna invest that forthy million dollars.
And I will answer your question with a big YES, if you know the meaning of the laa of supply and demand so if you invest so high amoubt of dollara into bitcoin then it will make the bitcoin move to high and surely people will going to wai and hold for that come. Anyway that is what every one wants to have good investors and eith high amount oflf moneym

Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:57:29 PM

Well using the BTC marketcap is a bit misleading as the majority of those coins do not move and are not traded. You can be sure if any significant portion of all the Bitcoins in existence were to be dumped on the market the price would collapse like nothing you have seen before. But even with this said, $40 million in BTC now represent only around 6,600 BTC. So it might move the price a few tens of dollars but not enough to make a real big impact, such as pushing it to $7,000.
949miner

Activity: 448

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:05:28 PM

Do your own math, increase 40 million dollars to the actual marketcapitalization and divide it for 21 million bitcoins in total and there you will have the next price of bitcoin if someone invest that amount of money.
But there has not been any millionaire or billionaire who can afford that amount of money and to invest it on bitcoin, it is insane because those people who have a lot of money dont care about bitcoin.
But yes, it would have a huge impact on the price, at least it would pump the price a few hundreds. (maybe less)

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
centralbanksequalsbombs

Activity: 378
Merit: 278

Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:10:40 PM

Daily volume ranges between $1 Billion USD to $2 Billion USD.

In millions that is around $1,500 Million USD.

MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:37:21 PM

Yes of course mate, that would change all the perspective in just seconds, maybe those 40 million dollars could make bitcoin go up by a lot of money, but not much, probably if someone invest that amount of money the price will probably move from $6000 to $6050 or maybe $6100 in just a few moments, but we are seeing a lot of this pumps/dumps everyday, and it doesnt changes much, but i dont know, it is a giant amount of money anyway.

Hello
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:04:56 AM

Yes of course mate, that would change all the perspective in just seconds, maybe those 40 million dollars could make bitcoin go up by a lot of money, but not much, probably if someone invest that amount of money the price will probably move from $6000 to $6050 or maybe $6100 in just a few moments, but we are seeing a lot of this pumps/dumps everyday, and it doesnt changes much, but i dont know, it is a giant amount of money anyway.

You know that some body with $40M is not an idiot to place buy order at once? probably if you try to buy more than 10BTC on small exchanges you'll just change the price on that exchange. the price changes when you buy and sell in the top 5 major exchanges, in there you could buy 30-60 BTC in one order.
When you are buying something, you'll only make the price to go up, when you are selling, the price will only go down.
Buying less than 50BTC will change nothing.

🖤😏
marcombo

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:12:49 AM

Probably, for a short term. If you invest 40 million in one exchange, even if we speaking about the largest exchange, the prices in that exchange are going to up and probably make a contagious effect to other exchanges. But quickly people will realize that is a micro-bubble and market should correct quickly too.
edynolan

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:57:37 AM

Of course, too much money to invest and in just a few hours if they buy bitcoin with all that money, it might cost $ 2000- $ 1500 even below it after you do it
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:49:42 AM

Of course, too much money to invest and in just a few hours if they buy bitcoin with all that money, it might cost $ 2000- $ 1500 even below it after you do it

Wait, are you saying you think Bitcoin's price will drop if someone drops $40 million in one go? How would that work? Lol.

As for the topic at hand, I'd say that alone would barely be able to influence the price. That's a massive amount for sure, but with the current price of $6000, that would only amount to around 6667 Bitcoins, off the 16,600,000 in circulation, which is barely a hundredths of a percentage point. I'm no economist, but I'd say that's too low of a number to be able to move the market on its own. Much, much more Bitcoins are moved on a daily basis.

irsada

Activity: 994
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:20:21 AM

if true you want to invest your money that much.
definitely bitcoin prices will experience a considerable graph increase I think.
please make your decision wisely.
Good luck.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: