Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:34:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Julian Assange and Eric Schmidt talk about bitcoin  (Read 2562 times)
bitbitcoins (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

bitbitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 10:47:56 AM

Still it's incredible how a guy who is supposed to be a visionary had so little to say about Bitcoin. First time I heard about BTC... It blew my mind, I only had questions in my head and I had the urge to read more and more about it. It's so revolutionary, so game changing... That I'm starting to doubt Eric is such a "visionary" after reading his super-cold reply to Assange's explanation of Bitcoin.

You probably run your billion dollar empire much more efficiently than he does, thus leaving you the time to indulge on learning about anything that comes your way.

Grin

But seriously, he probably has ideas pitched at him all the time so he probably has a team of people that filter everything out that seems whacky and is left with a short list of 10 hot things to look at every week instead of thousands.

Sure … and things changed from 2011 to now and Bitcoins gained its expansion. In 2011, how many “revolutionary” ideas or concepts were already to be considered …
Another point, I think all people involved were aware that the record would be published…So Eric could perhaps not strategically be a follower or an enthusiastic supporter at this time …

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 10:51:28 AM

Still it's incredible how a guy who is supposed to be a visionary had so little to say about Bitcoin. First time I heard about BTC... It blew my mind, I only had questions in my head and I had the urge to read more and more about it. It's so revolutionary, so game changing... That I'm starting to doubt Eric is such a "visionary" after reading his super-cold reply to Assange's explanation of Bitcoin.

You probably run your billion dollar empire much more efficiently than he does, thus leaving you the time to indulge on learning about anything that comes your way.

Grin

But seriously, he probably has ideas pitched at him all the time so he probably has a team of people that filter everything out that seems whacky and is left with a short list of 10 hot things to look at every week instead of thousands.

Sure … and things changed from 2011 to now and Bitcoins gained its expansion. In 2011, how many “revolutionary” ideas or concepts were already to be considered …
Another point, I think all people involved were aware that the record would be published…So Eric could perhaps not strategically be a follower or an enthusiastic supporter at this time …

Well, yesterday I've listened to the audio too, and the guy really seemed to know nothing about Bitcoin prior to that conversation. Assange gave to him a passionate and thorough explanation of what it is, and Eric really didn't give a shit about it. Literally.

bitbitcoins (OP)

bitbitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 08:12:50 PM

Grin

Well, yesterday I've listened to the audio too, and the guy really seemed to know nothing about Bitcoin prior to that conversation. Assange gave to him a passionate and thorough explanation of what it is, and Eric really didn't give a shit about it. Literally.

Yes it's worth listening to the audio ... it enhances the atmosphere Wink ... must hear if you have time

bitbitcoins (OP)

bitbitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 04:55:43 PM

Does anyone has the point if view of Sergei Brin or Larry page?

bitbitcoins (OP)

bitbitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 04:58:01 PM

Grin

Then the dream team should have missed something ...

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: