Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:11:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A way to spread Bitcoin  (Read 675 times)
Tirapon (OP)

Activity: 898
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 09:18:03 PM

Okay, so this idea has probably been posted before, but I though it would be worth sharing just in case.

I have a few music channels on youtube that I pretty much treat like my favourite radio stations, as they are always updated with music that suits my tastes. I'm sure many of you are the same, and maybe some of you have wanted to show your appreciation to the person who continually updates the channel with great new music. So why not message them and tell them you would like to send a tip in the form of Bitcoin, and suggest they post a Bitcoin address as a convenient way for fans to show their appreciation?

Bitcoin would be a great way to tip artists etc. the same way you might tip a journalist for writing a good article. And it would introduce the concept to a very wide audience. As I said, I'm sure others have thought of this idea but I figured it would be worth posting again anyway.
systic

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 09:30:06 PM

Id like to see some charity group that did things with bitcoin donations. Can you imagine seeing on the news some shelter that had a toy drive for homeless kids with "Bitcoin Charities" (or some name like that) giving 300$ in toys etc etc
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 09:50:01 PM

You could send some awesome youtube channels a private key to a adress with a donation to make them aware.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: