Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:33:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof of Stake coins?  (Read 1102 times)
fabiorem (OP)

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 04:43:10 AM

I was thinking here in reserving some hdd space for a proof of stake coin. Say, buy a thousand of these coins and get a reward from time to time.

However, I never did this before and I'm confused about how it would work. Would it use too much RAM? Would it consume my CPU? Or would it use the GPU like in mining?

Also, recommend good POS coins to store in that way.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 04:56:04 AM

I only know nem pos. As I understand it, you do not needed those. You only need to have 10K+ xem vested at your wallet. You activate delegated harvesting then you connect to a remote node. Once activated, you will harvest nem even if you pc or wallet is closed.
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 04:58:34 AM

ARK...you need the wallet (not in exchange), vote and done.  You will get proportionate gain from your delegate depending on schedule he proposes.
oreits11

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 02:59:01 PM

as the coins works on chance as use with the returns on customs with the manage of distribution from the developer that the use to helps as extending chains as referring on facts as blockchain have with the further growth as founding with the new space to goes as chance on offering miners to gains with the decision on displacing unit of investment with the mining projects of the coin.

GeePeeU

Activity: 538
Merit: 251

ASK

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 03:25:23 PM

ALTCOM is good for POS

Signatum will also be going to POS in a short time.

Always doubt.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 03:34:24 PM

I was thinking here in reserving some hdd space for a proof of stake coin. Say, buy a thousand of these coins and get a reward from time to time.

However, I never did this before and I'm confused about how it would work. Would it use too much RAM? Would it consume my CPU? Or would it use the GPU like in mining?

The best thing you can do is get involved really early on in a PoS coin and start staking since day one, then it's like a snowball effect where you make more and more coins.

I made a ton of BITS (Bitstar, now pretty much dead after being delisted from all the exchanges) and I was able to dump it for a nice extra BTC that I wasn't expecting. Because that is how it works.... you hold and track it on your portfolio and then a random day the damn coin pumps and you happen to be holding a lot of it.

This is why I think Poswallet.com is a good idea to speculate with PoS coins. I would like a decentralized solution for multiple PoS staking.
moemoolah37

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 03:54:33 PM

Peercoin is one of the big POS coins.
Morguk

Activity: 594
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:46:05 PM

ARK...you need the wallet (not in exchange), vote and done.  You will get proportionate gain from your delegate depending on schedule he proposes.

What's the rough amount you will earn? Say on 100 coins, how long would it take to generate 1 ARK? I want to get into a good POS or masternode coin so ARK is interesting.

Calculate the chance of hitting a bitcoin block when solo mining at
Tipstar

Activity: 1764
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:00:51 PM

ARK...you need the wallet (not in exchange), vote and done.  You will get proportionate gain from your delegate depending on schedule he proposes.

What's the rough amount you will earn? Say on 100 coins, how long would it take to generate 1 ARK? I want to get into a good POS or masternode coin so ARK is interesting.

POS coin's reward depends on the individual coins. It can be a fixed percentage per year or a fixed proportion according to your holding ratio.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

HongKong

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:05:38 PM

Some coins that have that in their system is because they want people to have their coins in their wallet at all times. That people that begin to hold the wallet is going to turn larger because of the amount of people that are holding the coins and then the price will go really high since there won’t be that many people trying to sell their coins.
It also depends more on how many people are wanting to trade that coin for something in the near future. That is why you should just get an old proof of stake coin.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
klimauk

Activity: 183
Merit: 103

Crypto maniac - HODL

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:35:11 PM

For example - RAIN.

Hodler <> seller <> buyer
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 11:00:58 PM

It depends on the delegate you voted on.  Each delegate offers a different package to entice people to vote for them.

The one I chose (assuming the ratio is same for less qty) will take 4 weeks to generate an ARK with 100 coins.  I get about 4.36 coins a week.
Tradegroup

Activity: 144

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 11:20:32 PM

I recommend you Diamonds. There are only 2.2 mil diamonds, with 25% POS interest.
Outlander
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 11:27:42 PM

ARK...you need the wallet (not in exchange), vote and done.  You will get proportionate gain from your delegate depending on schedule he proposes.

It depends on the delegate you voted on.  Each delegate offers a different package to entice people to vote for them.

The one I chose (assuming the ratio is same for less qty) will take 4 weeks to generate an ARK with 100 coins.  I get about 4.36 coins a week.
same with Lisk which is using DPOS. Although there are 101 active delegates, but they are distributing some percentage of mining reward to voters , which make it more like POS mode.

LiGuBi

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 12:16:26 AM

I recommend you Diamonds. There are only 2.2 mil diamonds, with 25% POS interest.

I totally agree with you there, especially now Diamond is upgrade to 3.0. Very interesting Pos coin
Karto

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:32:09 AM

ALTCOM is good for POS

Signatum will also be going to POS in a short time.

Its a very good time to buy Signatum for the POS stage
bluehorseshoe

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:35:10 AM

Condensate aka RAIN coin has been my 2017 best producer by far in both stake rewards and price performance.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: