Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:10:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitfinex be affected by China shutting down exchanges?  (Read 378 times)
TheGodson (OP)

Activity: 383
Merit: 161

https://nitrogensports.eu/r/4896627

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:35:03 AM

So I'm reading on Google:

"Bitfinex is a crypto-currency exchange trading and currency-storage platform based out of Hong Kong and owned and operated by iFinex Inc. Since 2014, it has been the largest Bitcoin exchange platform, with over 10% of the exchanges' trading."

So should I be taking my money off this exchange since China is closing down exchanges based in their country. I mean, Hong Kong is kind of China, but also kind of not. I'm not sure if Bitfinex is included in this.

Guys, I've been having second thoughts. I think we are in a massive bubble and Bitcoin could collapse to sub $600. I'm too afraid to sell though, because I know I'll hate myself if it shoots back up.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tulpe123

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:38:56 AM

Hong Kong has own regulation laws, thats why offshore banking is possible there. They have made a contract with the mainland china and is a autonom place with own regulated laws until 2055 ( till there the offshore laws wont change also the company registrations )

so i dont think its affected

they are in the blacklist of offshore locations worldwide according to ( OECD ) as they are not cooperating for the worldwide transparence to non-citizien clients of the offshore accounts. the cashflow daily multiple times  higher than the whole bitcoin marketcap.

they wont change anything
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 07:42:46 AM

Hong Kong has own regulation laws, thats why offshore banking is possible there. They have made a contract with the mainland china and is a autonom place with own regulated laws until 2055 ( till there the offshore laws wont change also the company registrations )

so i dont think its affected

This indeed should be the case. HK is a world financial centre because of its independence from Chinese regulation. The Chinese government would be very unlikely to put that reputation at risk over crypto currencies.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: