Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:23:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-09-15] Bitcoin Proponents Respond to JP Morgan Executive’s Statements  (Read 2103 times)
nickbelski (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 217

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:36:47 AM

Bitcoin proponents got fired up last week when JP Morgan executive Jamie Dimon called bitcoin a “fraud” and told the CNBC news outlet that cryptocurrency markets would end badly. Following Dimon’s opinions, many crypto-enthusiasts responded to the banker’s recent statements.

Former JP Morgan Senior Executive Tells Jamie Dimon to STFU About Trading Bitcoin

JP Morgan executive Jamie Dimon is downplaying bitcoin again and this time calling the decentralized currency a “fraud.” Dimon told a CNBC broadcast that bitcoin markets would “blow up” and he would fire anyone from his team if they traded bitcoin. “It’s worse than tulip bulbs — It won’t end well,” explains Dimon to the news outlet. Following this statement cryptocurrency proponents everywhere made fun of Dimon’s opinion and reminisced on how he said relatively the same thing a few years ago.

Alex Gurevich, former JP Morgan senior executive disagreed with Dimon’s opinion stating to his Twitter followers;

"Jamie, you’re a great boss and the greatest of all-time (GOAT) bank CEO. You’re not a trader or tech entrepreneur. Please, STFU about trading bitcoin."

Source > https://news.bitcoin.com/cryptocurrency-proponents-respond-to-jp-morgan-executives-statements/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:00:25 AM

Well of course he said that. He is a banker. He shit his pants every time there are news about bitcoin and mass adoption.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:11:44 AM

Well of course he said that. He is a banker. He shit his pants every time there are news about bitcoin and mass adoption.

Thoughts of the CEO of a bank being largely reponsible for the massive crisis years ago;

Per level;

$100 ~ this is a joke, it won't last long.
$300 ~ bubble in the making.
$500 ~ extended bubble, but will pop soon.
$1000 ~ this aint real, bubble has grown larger than expected!
$2000 ~ this is no longer a bubble.
$3000 ~ if this continues, we're going to lose it eventually.
$4000 ~ let's put up a closed door meeting to come up with a contingency plan, just in case.
$5000 ~ I don't want to hear anything about Bitcoin anymore, one word, and I'll fire you!!!

All those banksters are a big joke. Bitcoin makes them obsolete and useless, and the funny thing is that they are perfectly aware of this. People should think twice before using banks as JPM. If I was a costumer there, I would directly close my account without hesitation - there are enough bank alternatives with less harm weighing heavily on their shoulders.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: