Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:49:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 months on... About the Bytecoin (BCN) ninjamine  (Read 3662 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 11:44:09 AM

You base a date on someones account as a symbol of knowledge or trust?

I think you misinterpret slightly. The real issue is that there is no basis for trust. Nobody knows the guy, he can't prove anything he has said. Scammers and liars will always claim to not be scammers and liars so that means nothing. To have any value, you need verifiable sources to authenticate these types of claims, preferably multiple ones that can be cross checked for discrepancies and contradictions. Instead there are none at all.

It's a shame though, that many people are naturally trusting and if some anonymous account on a forum says that he mined bytecoin in 2012, a few people will probably believe it, and throw a a little money at a "good" project. That's why these scams persist.

You hijack a thread for what reason?

There was no hijack here. THE THREAD WAS ABOUT THE BCN NINJAMINE.

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 12:13:13 PM

Also, isn't it true that if Bytecoin was actually mined since 2012, that only about 10 computers were mining it?

Yes, or less than ten for high end desktop/servers, possibly far less than 10. Fluffypony showed that 10 servers could mine the whole thing in three months. Spread that out over two years and its just one or two servers. A reasonable hash rate for a desktop is 200-300 H/s so that's 4-5 computers. With a mix of smaller computers it might be as much as 10.

So these alleged "mining teams" all over the world had a grand total of <10 computers?

Sorry but no.

The story is a complete fabrication.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 12:51:47 PM

Not sure where those numbers came from. A lot of BCN traded on polo in the first month. Here's is the daily graph. The first scale line on the vertical axis is 20 BTC.

Ah I see my mistake - I forgot to change my candlesticks scale to 1-day, thanks for catching that.

could thos things be generated so they look real (transaction times etc, the visible things in CN)?

They could be done with a significant degree of randomness, I have no idea how easy it would be to tell if it was statistically random or had a patter in it. Worth some investigating at some stage, no doubt.

donshaky

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:21:27 AM

So bottom line is the entire blockchain could easily have been faked in a 3 month period at a total cost of $9 720.

But from my experience it wasn't. My coins were (eventually) validated on all the subsequent daemons and wallets.

I hope you'll forgive my candour, but you are lying to us.

Your account was only registered on September 11, 2014, and we have no evidence that it wasn't sold in the meantime.

You are a completely unknown person in cryptocurrency and cryptography circles.

You have no foothold in the Bitcoin-OTC Web of Trust, nor do I suspect you are in the GPG Web of Trust.

You have done nothing noteworthy or notable that anyone can say "oh yes, rough, he's the guy that created Facebucks, I trust him".

You are a pointless illusion trying to convince us that a completely fictitious story is true, but for what? So that a handful of morons too stupid to see through your ruse go and spend the 3 bitcents they haven't lost on some harebrained get-rich-quick scheme buying an ill-named cryptocurrency? You're no better than a Nigerian 419 scammer, hoping that someone will be dumb enough to believe you.

Stop with the lies.

At least have some sense of responsibility when replying is it only Nigeria that have scammers . Why should you bring the entire country into your argument now i see why people call you fool.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: