Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:31:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: the bitcoin community is one and the same with elitist snobs  (Read 2144 times)
puffpuffpass (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 11:16:36 PM

have you noticed they are exactly the same these days? didn't take long.

I have a bitcoin address that anyone can send BTC too, so I'm going to post it
on my sig because I think someone is going to randomly give me their BTC:
1D37qouguK5rNh1mSZDocgVCvA2rxsAgLp Roll Eyes
puffpuffpass (OP)

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 11:38:10 PM

I was sure Bitcoin would succeed and it did. What prevented me from acting on this thought, and subsequently investing, was because my mind was conflicted with the fact that I also knew Bitcoin would fail. But now I know I was right, Bitcoin did succeed just like I was sure it would, and now Bitcoin will fail, because by the same calculations I used in my mind to calculate it's success, that same standard dictates this dirty shit is surely going to be crushed. I hope you sell while you can, greedy lying morons. If you were trying to fight government tyranny, you just made matters worse for yourself.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 11:52:54 PM

Not true at all.

-Elwar's personal forum poster

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:58:02 AM

wouldn't it be funny if Bitcoin became so succesful, created an amazing ecosystem so frightening to governments they enacted draconian laws that would further subjugate the worlds citizens... oh yeah 9/11

here in Canada, we can be monitored for up to two years without warrant or anyone having access to that data...yay... counterterrorism?

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 11:59:36 AM

I don't find that to be true at all. Of course there are a few, especially since alot of the community is quite young, but I attended the conference and found many very down to earth people as well.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 12:45:00 PM

I was sure Bitcoin would succeed and it did. What prevented me from acting on this thought, and subsequently investing, was because my mind was conflicted with the fact that I also knew Bitcoin would fail. But now I know I was right, Bitcoin did succeed just like I was sure it would, and now Bitcoin will fail, because by the same calculations I used in my mind to calculate it's success, that same standard dictates this dirty shit is surely going to be crushed. I hope you sell while you can, greedy lying morons. If you were trying to fight government tyranny, you just made matters worse for yourself.

keelba

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 01:04:48 PM

This coming from a user who calls himself "puffpuffpass".

Quit bogarting the bitcoins, man!
San1ty

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 01:12:52 PM

It takes one, to ...

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
Bush

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 01:33:37 PM

When you go from rags to riches it changes people. Are you surprised?
WiW

Activity: 277

"The public is stupid, hence the public will pay"

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 02:57:35 PM

Wait, bitcoin doesn't change human nature?
puffpuffpass (OP)

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 04:20:50 PM

rags? anyone who could afford to get involved in bitcoin was already a first world citizen. please do not make up lies. they were elitist from the start. tell me how a person with rags could get involved in mining?

Operatr

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 08:45:11 PM

rags? anyone who could afford to get involved in bitcoin was already a first world citizen. please do not make up lies. they were elitist from the start. tell me how a person with rags could get involved in mining?

What is your point? If your income is $2 a month in some third-world shithole, then you probably won't be a miner no. You need equipment, equipment costs money, not everyone on earth has access to this.

Having enough money to afford the required computer gear makes you an elitist?

Just shut up you have no idea what your trolling about.  Roll Eyes

jdbtracker

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:11:06 PM

Not all shit holes are created equal, some societies are extremely family-centric, they'll send family members ASICs GPU's to operate within that third world country, you can't forget that even most people in Africa close to the cities have access to electricity and internet can be provided with a adhoc network, possibly creating local BTC hubs, There would only have to be one hub with direct access to the internet to distribute the whole communities transaction... enter the android phone, they are selling them for cheap in the third world countries.

There is this Mexican Billionare who has been pretty much giving phones away for free in latin america, I'm not sure he may unerstand what he has done. yay Bitcoin!

Vycid

Activity: 336

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:14:45 PM

Not all shit holes are created equal, some societies are extremely family-centric, they'll send family members ASICs GPU's to operate within that third world country, you can't forget that even most people in Africa close to the cities have access to electricity and internet can be provided with a adhoc network, possibly creating local BTC hubs, There would only have to be one hub with direct access to the internet to distribute the whole communities transaction... enter the android phone, they are selling them for cheap in the third world countries.

There is this Mexican Billionare who has been pretty much giving phones away for free in latin america, I'm not sure he may unerstand what he has done. yay Bitcoin!

You are joking, correct?

You think there are people in the African countryside who know how to set up a GPU miner? Or that they could find enough time away from starving and shitting out worms to actually do it?

jdbtracker

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:21:13 PM

contrary to popular belief, most people are doing alright in africa, technology wise, but very true those people in the country side not so much. But even the majority of africans consider the people in the country side quite backwards, you got to see the cities of each african nation to understand.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 11:22:43 PM

How is one defined as "elist snobs"?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4487

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:24:02 PM

to think the only way to make bitcoin is through mining, is like ssaying the only way to get hold of a gold necklace is to drive to a gold rich area with a mechanical excavator.

how about start up a business that sells products, such as groceries, computer parts.
lets pretend you have only $10 on you. so you find something worth $13 retail, which you can buy for $10 wholesale..

you then sell it for 0.12BTC ($15.60 to cover shipping) you then cash out 0.1BTC ($13) send the item to the customer.

and leave 0.02BTC in your bitcoin wallet.

now imagine you have hundreds of different products and thousands of customers.... and realise. mining is not the only way, retail is. or you could always work for a bitcoin business and get paid a wage in bitcoins. and realise mining is not the only way, employment is.

welcome to the new ECONOMY of bitcoin. its not just about mining

if you have rags that are good enough quality to sell for fiat. sell them for bitcoin  Grin

edit: actually i just washed my hands and i suddenly need a rag to dry my hands. how much bitcoin will you sell your rags for, there is always a demand for rags.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
puffpuffpass (OP)

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 12:01:53 AM

to think the only way to make bitcoin is through mining, is like ssaying the only way to get hold of a gold necklace is to drive to a gold rich area with a mechanical excavator.

how about start up a business that sells products, such as groceries, computer parts.
lets pretend you have only $10 on you. so you find something worth $13 retail, which you can buy for $10 wholesale..

you then sell it for 0.12BTC ($15.60 to cover shipping) you then cash out 0.1BTC ($13) send the item to the customer.

now imagine you have hundreds of different products and thousands of customers.... and realise. mining is not the only way, retail is. or you could always work for a bitcoin business and get paid a wage in bitcoins. and realise mining is not the only way, employment is.

if you have rags that are good enough quality to sell for fiat. sell them for bitcoin  Grin

edit: actually i just washed my hands and i suddenly need a rag to dry my hands. how much bitcoin will you sell your rags for, there is always a demand for rags.

and then you go to jail for not paying your taxes because you cannot afford to after all other costs are accounted for. thanks but no thanks.

Operatr

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 12:41:57 AM

and then you go to jail for not paying your taxes because you cannot afford to after all other costs are accounted for. thanks but no thanks.

You clearly have no idea how Bitcoin works, how business works, or how taxes work either.

Just because you do business in Bitcoin doesn't give a business an free pass to cheat the tax man, they still have to report their earnings just like any other business or risk penalties and/or jail time per that countries tax laws. Granted, as no country validates the existence of Bitcoin currencies as real it is kind of a grey area in some ways.

Again, what is your point with your little tirade here? Are you just mad because you don't have the money to be a miner or? If you don't like Bitcoin or want to be a part of it why the hell are you here complaining?

puffpuffpass (OP)

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 12:55:59 AM

You clearly have no idea how Bitcoin works, how business works, or how taxes work either.

Just because you do business in Bitcoin doesn't give a business an free pass to cheat the tax man, they still have to report their earnings just like any other business or risk penalties and/or jail time per that countries tax laws. Granted, as no country validates the existence of Bitcoin currencies as real it is kind of a grey area in some ways.

Again, what is your point with your little tirade here? Are you just mad because you don't have the money to be a miner or? If you don't like Bitcoin or want to be a part of it why the hell are you here complaining?

you're the one with the tirade, because I'm calling it like I see it.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: