Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:46:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "No JSON object could be decoded"  (Read 1448 times)
jeremymote (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 12:21:20 AM

Hello, I've been mining for Slush's pool on a gigabyte 7870 for a while now. Just recently I started getting errors (2 days ago) about no JSON objects being decoded. I have no idea what this means, and deleting poclbm.ini doesn't help. Everywhere I go, the person is told to provide more information and then the thread stops. I haven't seen any documentation on it. I'm absolutely sure my worker name and password are correct.

I'm using GUIMiner.

please help. I have no idea what's going on.
jeremymote (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 03:08:17 AM

I hate bumping threads, but I really have no idea where to go from here. Considering this forum is newbies only, and I can't post in the other forums, I can't get any help it seems.
Kaepora

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 03:42:32 AM

Hello, I've been mining for Slush's pool on a gigabyte 7870 for a while now. Just recently I started getting errors (2 days ago) about no JSON objects being decoded. I have no idea what this means, and deleting poclbm.ini doesn't help. Everywhere I go, the person is told to provide more information and then the thread stops. I haven't seen any documentation on it. I'm absolutely sure my worker name and password are correct.

I'm using GUIMiner.

please help. I have no idea what's going on.

if you search the website there are plenty of people that have had the problem and there are various reasons and various solutions.
for example:
https://bitcointalk.org/?topic=3878.220
deleteing poclbm.ini  in app data "%APPDATA%\poclbm\poclbm.ini "
Thing is you say you already deleted it, and its a very odd error. Have you tried deleting the whole folder and cache in the app data folder and starting fresh?
ingoldwetrust

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 04:59:17 PM

I just ran into this as well. Didn't change anything about my system, but started getting this error when trying to start mining on slush's pool. It worked normally just yesterday, go figure. This fixed the problem and is working for me:

1) Don't use "slush's pool" pull-down menu preset in guiminer
2) Instead create "Custom" miner and enter manually "stratum.bitcoin.cz" for server and "3333" for port
3) Make sure that you type the right worker name with the right password (this is different from your slush account password)
4) Click "Start mining" and you should see guiminer accepting shares using stratum (might take a minute or two)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: