Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:21:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has the China ban affected ICO fund raising?  (Read 1199 times)
coinzoid

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:17:43 AM

The list of coins (ICOs) are too crowded. This ban, could have eliminated a few of them if it did really work. However, I don't think this will be the case.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:20:30 AM

Some say that the ban will affect many ICO fund raising as much as causing 50% less tokens raised. What do you think?
The banned is going to affect many ico project and currently most of the project from China has a price down over 30%. I think in the long run we would appreciate what Chinese government's regulatory agency are trying to do now as most people even shop are now opening ico up and down to raise capital for business that has no strong foundation.
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:28:08 AM

Some say that the ban will affect many ICO fund raising as much as causing 50% less tokens raised. What do you think?
I don't think that the Chinese ban will affect ICOs in any way. ICOs will still continue with or without China. Do you reckon what happened with the SEC ICO regulation for US investor, at first we all thought that the US ban was going to affect ICOs in general but nothing happened. This will happen with China too, the world is too big and can do better without the influence China or any other country. ICOs will not vanished because one country decided to ban them. ICOs are a good way for upcoming projects to raise funds so that they can develop their project. However, there are a lot of scams, and if this issue persists, I see a lot of countries banning ICOs in the near future.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
metalbean (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:14:04 AM

I don't think that the Chinese ban will affect ICOs in any way. ICOs will still continue with or without China. Do you reckon what happened with the SEC ICO regulation for US investor, at first we all thought that the US ban was going to affect ICOs in general but nothing happened. This will happen with China too, the world is too big and can do better without the influence China or any other country. ICOs will not vanished because one country decided to ban them. ICOs are a good way for upcoming projects to raise funds so that they can develop their project. However, there are a lot of scams, and if this issue persists, I see a lot of countries banning ICOs in the near future.

How do, then, the investors from these banned countries invest?
romani245

Activity: 267
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:32:51 AM

Two ways: 1) Most ICOs will ban (or are already banning) Chinese residents from participation. One thing Chinese residents can then do is fire up a VPN that says they live in Canada or something and invest that way. Asking if you are a resident and IP-restricting is pretty good legal CYA. Delivery is electronic, so there are no major issues here if all parties keep quiet.

2) Bigger ICOs will start seeking regulatory approval from the Chinese government (and for that matter, the US government). With a regulatory rubber stamp of approval, Chinese investors would probably flock to invest.
metalbean (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:53:31 AM

Two ways: 1) Most ICOs will ban (or are already banning) Chinese residents from participation. One thing Chinese residents can then do is fire up a VPN that says they live in Canada or something and invest that way. Asking if you are a resident and IP-restricting is pretty good legal CYA. Delivery is electronic, so there are no major issues here if all parties keep quiet.

2) Bigger ICOs will start seeking regulatory approval from the Chinese government (and for that matter, the US government). With a regulatory rubber stamp of approval, Chinese investors would probably flock to invest.

But how do you cover ur ass, the ICO sites want a passport upload
jacafbiz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:55:07 AM

The banned is going to affect many ico project and currently most of the project from China has a price down over 30%. I think in the long run we would appreciate what Chinese government's regulatory agency are trying to do now as most people even shop are now opening ico up and down to raise capital for business that has no strong foundation.

I do agree with you, the ban has saved some people their life savings, what I see in the space is that most of these people do nothing to research the project they want to invest into, just follow the crowd wisdom which most of the time always wrong. I know the noise is coming back but for now there is sanity and fear in the space

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:17:05 AM

The list of coins (ICOs) are too crowded. This ban, could have eliminated a few of them if it did really work. However, I don't think this will be the case.

Well maybe if China will be banning all related things about crypto the shitcoins will be lessen.
Like we have hundreds of altcoins and just few of them are really have worth and some are just created with some ICO that China had raised.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:27:04 AM

Of course it does because chinese will now be f*cking afraid to invest in ICOs. That is the bad thing here. This country has so big a population involved in crypto. Before, people coming based in the US and Singapore are the ones that are oftentimes not allowed to participate in most ICOs.

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PNNV.com..>..Live BTCitcoin Monitor.
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
cryptohorsee

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:45:00 PM

Of course it does because chinese will now be f*cking afraid to invest in ICOs. That is the bad thing here. This country has so big a population involved in crypto. Before, people coming based in the US and Singapore are the ones that are oftentimes not allowed to participate in most ICOs.

They will just buy after ico which is good for me !

dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:02:16 PM

It will certainly have an effect but he world is a large place and although China plays a huge part I think we'll be alright.
China does really have give some effects regarding on this ICO ban but same as you said the world is a big place and China isn't the only one who is engage on cryptocurrency ICO's which we would really be just alright and would able to stand no matter what the things they would do.Its just a single Country thinking off there are still lots of country left would potentially still support.

skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:08:38 PM

The question is not if the ban has affected ICO fund raising - it definitely has. The real question is how much has the ban affected ICO fundraising?
kamina87

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:10:19 PM

Only for projects located in the region of China are affected by the impact of this move from the government. Also the remaining projects will not be bound by that

Katalyst

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:52:53 PM

Most big icos are corporate funded, not from Chinese investors unless the project originated in china.
irmasany

Activity: 250
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:59:14 PM

yes, the restriction effect on china country is more for crypto. bitcoin and allcoin have decreased quite hard.
this is the effect of some state bans as bitcoin users.
but for him today the market is starting to stabilize. and bitcoin slightly increased.
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:19:34 PM

The ban in China to hold an ICO, of course, will affect the collection of funds for it, especially at first. In the future, Chinese investors will find a way to invest in it, there would be a desire. As for the developers of the new ICO projects, as far as I know, Japan is ready to tackle the new ICO and fill the niche formerly occupied by China. So the world can do without China.

eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:48:47 PM

The recent shake down and the banning of ICO from China will affect the crowd funding of the tokens during these period as people will be more skeptical in their investments and would rather hold back their investments rather than going with the flow as we used to see earlier and i am waiting to see how this shapes in the future.
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:30:38 AM

If the ICOs projects are for Chinese people yes, the China ban affected ICO funds, for example if there are ICOs projects be builded based on neo's platform it will get a little amount of funds ICOs funds, but will be different with the ICOs projects for international costumers around the world, the Chinese government ban won't affected to ICO funds rising, so actually depend on the marketing of ICOs projects from the developer of team.
Argon2

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:33:20 AM

Hopefully ICO and Tokens made illegal worldwide. Would make less scams.
gaming-stars

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:22:43 AM

It is not true to say that China completely banned ICOs.

They want to regulate it because a lot of money is involved in that market and because indeed, scams are going on and most importantly for the Chinese government, ICOs and cryptocurrency, in general, helps Chineses residents get their money out of the country in a hard to be controlled way.

It will be legal in the next 6 months or so but only under certain restrictions and guidelines. Most other countries will also apply such rules. I mean come on, that is really easy to forecast. Governments are discussing it but need a few years/months until they can act.It is always the case with governments, they need a relatively long time but finally, they react to stuff like that.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: