Bitcoin Forum
September 24, 2024, 03:11:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Tony Romas / Applebees Giftcards (4-10% Discount)  (Read 727 times)
Qoheleth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 02:29:48 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2014, 07:53:48 PM by Qoheleth

Edit 1 Jan: Offer closed again.

Edit 21 Nov: Offer reopened, switched to a different reference price.

For the next few weeks, I will be able to sell you giftcards from Tony Roma's and Applebee's at a discount.

Just tell me what denomination you want (up to $50 value), and I'll send you the giftcard by USPS (or email, in the case of Applebee's) in exchange for the 24-hour average Bitstamp price.

As a special deal, $25 giftcards are only $23 in BTC, and $50 giftcards are only $45 in BTC.

If you want any other denomination, it'll be a 4% discount (for instance, a $20 giftcard would cost $19.20 in BTC).

I've had several previous threads in Goods, which should provide some evidence for my trustworthiness if you decide to send first.
If you have a good reputation in past trades, I'm willing to send first.
If neither of these are acceptable, I'm willing to do escrow.

I'll be tracking this thread. Please let me know, here or by PM, if you are interested.

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
atomium
Donator

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Study the past, if you would divine the future.

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:15:35 PM

Its really cool that youre selling these giftcards at a discount price, are they cheaper than getting them through gyft?

You should also consider opening a store on www.coingig.com and build up your reputation, we also provide an escrow service that helps the buyer and the seller.
Qoheleth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 11:25:05 PM

Its really cool that youre selling these giftcards at a discount price, are they cheaper than getting them through gyft?
I don't know Gyft's prices. I checked out their website but it seems everything is gated behind either "install our app on your phone" or "connect with a big social networking site". That'd be more reasonable if I was actually wanting to buy something from them, but it's a lot of identification to give out just to satisfy my curiosity.

You should also consider opening a store on www.coingig.com and build up your reputation, we also provide an escrow service that helps the buyer and the seller.
I'll consider it. 2.5% fees seem like a lot to pay for something with single-digit profit margins, though, especially since it's higher than BitMit (your better-known competitor).

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
atomium
Donator

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Study the past, if you would divine the future.

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:31:13 PM

I don't know Gyft's prices. I checked out their website but it seems everything is gated behind either "install our app on your phone" or "connect with a big social networking site". That'd be more reasonable if I was actually wanting to buy something from them, but it's a lot of identification to give out just to satisfy my curiosity.

Oh I see, yea they seem to be only app specific which is pretty annoying.

I'll consider it. 2.5% fees seem like a lot to pay for something with single-digit profit margins, though, especially since it's higher than BitMit (your better-known competitor).

Regarding the fee, it is a little higher than bitmit, but rather than just being a basic free for all marketplace like bitmit, we provide many tools and resources for those trying to create a bitcoin store and have a business. We provide store logos, custom store url, social media channels, product analytics, affiliate program, plus a lot more tools that we will be rolling out for the seller. The fee is a little higher but it all goes back into developing better environment for our users and increasing sales for our stores.
Qoheleth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 06:43:04 PM

Bump from the second page. Current price of a $50 giftcard is only 349 minicoins (0.349 BTC).

Qoheleth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 09:26:50 PM

One more bump.

Qoheleth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 12:54:11 AM

This offer will expire in a few days. If you're interested, act now.

Current price of a $50 giftcard is only 425 minicoins (0.425 BTC)

Qoheleth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 07:48:38 PM

For the next few weeks I can offer this deal again. The current price for a $50 giftcard would be 71 minicoins (0.071BTC).

are they cheaper than getting them through gyft?
As far as I can tell, Gyft charges full price for Applebees cards, and doesn't sell Tony Roma's cards at all.

Qoheleth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 11:32:59 PM

Bump.

Current price of a $50 giftcard is only 50 minicoins (0.05 BTC).

Qoheleth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 07:49:45 PM

Good news for those of you who don't want to wait for the mail: you can now have your Applebee's gift cards delivered as an email gift certificate.

Current price of a $50 giftcard is only 65 minicoins (0.065 BTC).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: