Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:26:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What do you think about the viability of Altcoins?  (Voting closed: September 22, 2017, 06:10:26 PM)
They are all likely to succeed given the age and nature of the industry - 1 (6.3%)
10% of all altcoins now will succeed - 8 (50%)
No opinion - 1 (6.3%)
An altcoin is certainly going to overpower BTC - 0 (0%)
65% will succeed the rest won't make it because of their business model and strategy - 5 (31.3%)
None of the above - 1 (6.3%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin survival -Updated poll options-  (Read 608 times)
MoonIsBlue (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 06:10:26 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2017, 09:40:22 PM by MoonIsBlue

Some options, what do you think?

Updated the poll since some people don't exactly agree with all the options presented.

Mockroach

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:16:09 PM

I voted 10% but in reality I think its more like 3%
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:32:17 PM

Some options, what do you think?
I consider some altcoins to succeed in the near future because of their technology. However, some will not make it since their team behind fail to deliver what they have promised on the white paper.You find that the funds generated are not used to help in upgrading their technology, this leads in the project unsuceeding.The projects which usually survive are mostly those whose technology is upgraded on a regular basis.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
JCB44

Activity: 462
Merit: 109

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:18:36 PM

It is quite obvious, for altcoin to survive long term (3-5y) there must be real world use case and community backing and supporting that project.
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 09:35:16 PM

I voted what i believe: 10% of altcoins now will succeed
SO many new coins are just clones of past successful ideas, the ETH ICOs are nothing short of scams, and every year more and more coins go the dev dump route. ETh is only alive cause Vitalik has no more ETH TO dump hehe
ETH will survive, LTC, LBC, some others in sure

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
PranDoW

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:39:59 PM

Some of them maybe have future, not all. We will see how altcoin will interact with people and world.
turbulence

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:44:56 PM

I voted 10% but in reality I think its more like 3%

same but went for none of the above

███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
        ▄▄███████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████████
 ████████   ▀██████████▀▄▄▀███████         ███          ███       ▐█▌     █████████████   █████████▄       ███     ███       ███
█████████     ▀████████ ▀▀ ████████        ████        ████       ███     ▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄     ███      ███     ███
█████████  █▄   ▀█▀  ███  █████████        █████      █████      █████         ███        ███      ▀██▌    ███       ███▄ ▄███
█████████  ███▄     ▄███  █████████        ██████    ██████     ██▌ ▐██        ███        ███       ██▌    ███        ███████
█████████  ███▀ ▄█▄ ▀███  █████████        ███▀███▄▄███▀███    ███   ███       ███        ███     ▄███     ███        ███████
█████████  ███  ███  ███  █████████        ███  ▀████▀  ███   ███     ███      ███        ███    ████      ███       ███▀ ▀███
 ███████ ▄▄ ██  ▀█▀  ███  ████████         ███    ▀▀    ███  ███       ███     ███        ███     ▀███     ███      ███     ███
  ██████▄▀▀▄███▄   ▄████  ███████          ███          ███  ██         ██     ███        ███       ███    ███     ███       ███
    ███████████████████████████
      ███████████████████████
        ▀▀███████████████▀▀

The Intelligent Blockchain
▬▬  Pre-ICO: January 4th  |  ICO: January 16th

ANN  News  Scene  Showcase
██  Whitepaper:  Bussines | Technical  ██
Facebook  Twitter  Github  Telegram

███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
      ███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
paramind22

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 12:21:20 AM

It is quite obvious, for altcoin to survive long term (3-5y) there must be real world use case and community backing and supporting that project.

I agree in part but I think the joy and profit of trading crypto is use enough.  People spend billions on trading toys, betting sports and other forms of gambling.  At least crypto has the tech side to it which is education.  And the honesty of blockchain tech is the winning edge.

Mockroach

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:42:50 AM

I voted what i believe: 10% of altcoins now will succeed
SO many new coins are just clones of past successful ideas, the ETH ICOs are nothing short of scams, and every year more and more coins go the dev dump route. ETh is only alive cause Vitalik has no more ETH TO dump hehe
ETH will survive, LTC, LBC, some others in sure

10% is so incorrect, I mean take a look at the altcoin announcements and see how many are already dead. statistically speaking its probably less than 3%!!
hanskan

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:51:48 AM

Most of them will survive. You should ask how many of them will be successful. 2-3%
Javi_Anibarro

Activity: 1526
Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:31:27 AM

in the next month every altcoins will be go down,
it's a same pattern like a year agon and 2 years ago.
and in the last year we will see a pump for every altcoins.
for now it will be goes down and slowly declining,i advice you to not buying it right now.
other than that we also will encounter a hardfork which is will lead us to the downtrend for a month.
alva5763

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:40:04 AM

Some altcoins with good following will survive and be traded. There are many with a value of 0.00000001 sat with no volume traded daily. Why would anyone buy these and how will they survive? Perhaps a cull is required.
Iminvest

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:33:56 PM

It's so true! The problem is to find such a project with a real-world use case)
JCB44

Activity: 462
Merit: 109

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:11:42 PM

Actually there are loads of them, you just need to find those gems.

tip: PTOY, WTC, SHIFT, Storj, XRP and many others.

See this great vid for more info -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3psxs3gyf8
Iminvest

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:48:24 PM

I found AR token, what do u think? does it have a promising future?  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2135473.0
Iminvest

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:32:07 PM

I found AR token, what do u think? does it have a promising future? 

Actually, this ICO has just started!  Cool  Check it out https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2316185
I'm going to participate! What do you think about it, guys?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: