Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:01:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UK Coinbase users - how to withdraw  (Read 3183 times)
s8ndo (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 06:16:04 PM

Coinbase allows you to deposit money using a SEPA international bank transfer easily enough.

The problem comes when you want to withdraw money back into your bank account, they simply do not allow you do this. (i have seen many others complaining about this same issue). Tried contacting support several times and nothing useless comes back, just auto replies.

Surely this is fraudulent and I will escalating to my banks fraud team to look into.

Anyone else from the UK managed to withdraw money from Coinbase successfully?
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 06:19:42 PM

Coinbase allows you to deposit money using a SEPA international bank transfer easily enough.

The problem comes when you want to withdraw money back into your bank account, they simply do not allow you do this. (i have seen many others complaining about this same issue). Tried contacting support several times and nothing useless comes back, just auto replies.

Surely this is fraudulent and I will escalating to my banks fraud team to look into.

Anyone else from the UK managed to withdraw money from Coinbase successfully?

You should stop using Coinbase right away.

I don't know if Gemini.com offers service in your area, but Gemini is good shit.

Like the best shit Bitcoin has had thus far.

(Free money wires [aka same day fiat] for at least Americans)

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 06:23:12 PM

It's probably not fraud.

Here's a support article from Coinbase on Payment Methods for UK Customers. If you scroll down it will also tell you how to withdraw your funds.

The example is in Euros. It's possible that Coinbase won't withdraw to GBP, can your bank accept transfers in Euros and then convert them to GBP?

Asking your bank how to get your money out of Coinbase is the wrong approach. Your bank doesn't care (let alone have control over) how you get your money out of Coinbase. But Coinbase is legit...there is a way.
s8ndo (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:05:49 PM

That support article is a load of rubbish. They fail to verify your bank account so you cannot withdraw funds and do not answer support tickets.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/coinbase.com

The above link shows many examples of people with the same issue. If coinbase cannot honour withdrawals to UK accounts then they should not allow deposits, because once they have your money you can't get it back

Maybe THEFT is a better term to use than FRAUD

It's probably not fraud.

Here's a support article from Coinbase on Payment Methods for UK Customers. If you scroll down it will also tell you how to withdraw your funds.

The example is in Euros. It's possible that Coinbase won't withdraw to GBP, can your bank accept transfers in Euros and then convert them to GBP?

Asking your bank how to get your money out of Coinbase is the wrong approach. Your bank doesn't care (let alone have control over) how you get your money out of Coinbase. But Coinbase is legit...there is a way.
weijingsheng

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:14:54 PM

Set up a European bank account- I use Revolut.
Get it verified by Coinbase and you can withdraw from your Euro account. Coinbase doesn't support GBP.

Transfer from Coinbase to Revolut, then to your bank account.
s8ndo (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:34:44 PM

Again, thanks for trying to help but this doesn't solve the problem.

My bank actually accepts SEPA transfers in EURO

The issue is Coinbase are not verifying my bank account to allow me to process the withdrawal, even though it is the same bank account I used to deposit EURO into coinbase

Set up a European bank account- I use Revolut.
Get it verified by Coinbase and you can withdraw from your Euro account. Coinbase doesn't support GBP.

Transfer from Coinbase to Revolut, then to your bank account.
bitjoin

Activity: 1372
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:45:20 PM

It's probably not fraud.

Here's a support article from Coinbase on Payment Methods for UK Customers.

Pretty much any large bank in uk should usually accept euros sent to your account but there are charges applied.  The conversion rate is very poor in general also. You can set up a euro account specially for receiving euros but there are charges for holding a euro account + at some point you probably want to trade out of euro so unless you can find a good rate somehow you lose out this way also.  I did try and message coinfloor 1 time because they deal in GBP but their support took so long it made me worry.  We do need more options in UK.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
.....5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y......
|     TWITTER     |    TELEGRAM    |     DISCORD     |
....JOIN NOW....
Mike Dickhead

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:45:33 AM

Having a similar issue - did you manage to withdraw?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: