Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:21:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How trustworthy are ico rating sites?  (Read 1378 times)
bramborakymilenec

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:00:27 PM

Sadly i am assuming that most of the websites receive some sort of payment for thier review, it's no coincidence that the ICO's rated highly are involved in heavy marketing budgets.

Best thing to do is to judge them yourselves and work from there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
makulo123

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:58:36 PM

They aren't. They are just pure fabrication of money. ICO projects pay them to list them higher. Pure example of such thing is icobench.com. But there are some trustworthy sites as well.
skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:09:27 PM

ICO rating sites are usually referral schemes that only want you to click their referral link to get commission when you invest into to ICO.
cu_c

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:17:54 PM

ICO rating sites are totally bullshit. Don't trust them. Sad
bigdogdan2

Activity: 252
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:51:05 PM

CrushCrypto is a good one
https://crushcrypto.com/ico-analysis/

Best way to judge is look at past reviews from review sites and see what % are they accurate on.

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱Blockchain's First Payment API❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram
StockBet.com

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Make A Bet on WORKING SOFTWARE

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 08:53:24 PM

A lot of them are paid. Only trust your own judgement.

Several of them are.  Some aren't, such as icoalert.com.

There are many sites that list ICOs and token sales.  However, they are a subset of the list on Bitcointalk.org's Announcement (Altcoins) page, for the following reasons:

• Not all of the project teams will know about all of the ICO sites, but they all know about and will announce on Bitcointalk.org's Announcement (Altcoins) page
  • Not all of the projects will pay to get listed on these ICO sites

However, Bitcointalk.org's Announcement (Altcoins) sorts the announcements based on which ones had the most recent comments.  Therefore, on the first page, you'll see announcements that were originally posted months ago and even announcements whose token sales have ended.

To find the most recent announcements, go to Bitcointalk's advanced search page and enter:

• ANN in the "Search for:" field
  • Change the "Between 0 and 9999 days" field
  • Under "Choose a board to search in, or search all", uncheck "Check all".  Then click on + to expand the list and check only "Announcements (Altcoins)"
  • Click Search

This will show the announcements for the days that you selected.

arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:53:15 AM

I was serious afraid of investing into any projects after seeing some icos rated high by some of the knowing rating sites and at the end some of them turned out to be sit or scam projects.  I have to seat down and analyzed each project that I want to invest in myself instead of depending on rating sites.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:50:37 AM

Don't trust the ICO rating sites because most of them were paid sites so even scam sites can get into a better rank by paying the site owners so this is not that much trustworth in my opinion so if you want to invest on bounty you need to have the knowledge about the crypto currencies and the evaluating the upcoming project and its potential.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
DPrillio

Activity: 693

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:33:57 AM

I was serious afraid of investing into any projects after seeing some icos rated high by some of the knowing rating sites and at the end some of them turned out to be sit or scam projects.  I have to seat down and analyzed each project that I want to invest in myself instead of depending on rating sites.
Yes, definitely you can be rely on your self by your analysis and judgement prior investing, ICO ratings is just a guide and came from speculations and some are making survey but still at the end all are came by surprise since there are high rated ICO but the result is not successful, everything is unpredictable. That is why sometimes I can say that investment is through timing and luck.

saqwe

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:12:42 PM

It is better to rely on your intuition after conduction a thorough research about the project you want to invest in and you are sure it is worth investing in. Even though some projects are rated wrongly, ico rating sometime act as a guide because some of the ratings are actually worth it at the end while some otherwise. That is why it is not good to depend only on ico rating but also do your own research.
Lanatsa

Activity: 2828
Merit: 649

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:38:53 PM

Yes, definitely you can be rely on your self by your analysis and judgement prior investing, ICO ratings is just a guide and came from speculations and some are making survey but still at the end all are came by surprise since there are high rated ICO but the result is not successful, everything is unpredictable. That is why sometimes I can say that investment is through timing and luck.
This turns out to prove that most of them are being paid off by the project itself to be placed on top rated ICO's which as an investor which do seek out informations can easily fooled out to invest due to these informations but not totally an accurate thing or can really be relied when it comes to investing or to make profits.I dont trust them eversince, might a good thing to look at but always verify it with your own research.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Mobshady24

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:24:54 PM

Some are doing a great job overseeing ICO teams, but how do we prevent collusion?

Just asking
simply nope, but there are legit ones on the list but most on the list of top ICO or hot ICOs are just simply paid these site in order to receive good ratings from the website.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
boss1dg

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:07:46 PM

I will strongly recommend you not to believe all those ratings on any ICO site , just use them for reference for upcoming ICOs . some sites have same members who rate high even to low profile projects .
I am not saying you to even dont read , you can read review but also do check all the things about project yourself . collect as much info as you can gain .

prokerduit

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:49:24 PM

icoalert and icocoundt down is the best in my opinion. besides payment to those who are expensive but simbang with what they do. hope my opinion can help
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:18:17 AM

I will strongly recommend you not to believe all those ratings on any ICO site , just use them for reference for upcoming ICOs . some sites have same members who rate high even to low profile projects .
I am not saying you to even dont read , you can read review but also do check all the things about project yourself . collect as much info as you can gain .

i agree because not all reviews that we can find on the net are real,  most of them are just a shill or paid/fake review. Much better if we can always check the ico details ourself so that we can be sure if that ico is really legit.

i also notice that there are so many ico rating and ico related services nowadays scattering around the web , these factors can also add to our confusion . I suggest click only on the first page results of google because that is the most reliable source among others.
Esterklu

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:21:39 AM

I see that a lot of ICO sites are getting paid for reviews, so even if i am using them i make my own research. But sometimes they are very useful.
tinyteapot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 275

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 12:52:08 PM

I believe it is better to do your own research about a project before you invest in it because some projects do not really worth the rating they get from icorating. Some of them pay to get the rating and some projects that have good rating sometimes end up being scam icos.
Bithunters

Activity: 279
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:39:50 PM

I do an assessment of the rating site, because i can not really trust the assessment that has been issued as a recommendation for potential bounty players and investor

Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:34:12 PM

i agree because not all reviews that we can find on the net are real,  most of them are just a shill or paid/fake review. Much better if we can always check the ico details ourself so that we can be sure if that ico is really legit.

i also notice that there are so many ico rating and ico related services nowadays scattering around the web , these factors can also add to our confusion . I suggest click only on the first page results of google because that is the most reliable source among others.
Ive remembered that i do only make use of Icorating and Icobench and now there are lots of popping out like mushrooms because ico investment is becoming a trend which means investors can really seek out or surf to those sites for finding informations. Even since from the start i dont already have trust into those informations given by them. Manipulation or deception is possible because anything can really be bought for the sake of false advertisement for fraud projects.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:10:04 PM

First prioty always go to ICObench to check whether it has the potential grow more in the market or not. Then I check the trackerico website always to find the review as well mate. Personally I do not be check these rating site and all.
If I want to invest on ICO. I use to check the white paper and complete team information. If you follow up that means alone you will be able to choose the right ICO bro.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: