Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:24:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is most Qualified to answer technical Questions regarding "proof of work"  (Read 602 times)
Viscera (OP)

Activity: 660
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 03:40:57 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2013, 06:31:57 AM by Viscera

I am not a mathematician, I'm a salesman, so my job is to watch people's body language. I'm interested in understanding how some of the technical aspects of Bitcoin are effecting other types of language.

For example.

"Proof of work"

I don't understand any of the maths behind this, and I'm not really looking for a technical explanation. I know you guys can do this, now I'm asking for some expertise to see if there is need for additional Cryptocurrencies to do POW or if we can do it cheaply and easily off the Bitcoin Blockchain.

Sometimes in sales it's important to understand the "Verbal Contract"

It involves creating a yes/no question that leaves customer feeling like YOU the SALESMAN is actually waiting for the customer. They would feel they where doing me a favour by staying but also left feeling I'm so keen to help them that it would be worth the wait... Maybe I wouldn't get it every time but the intention was there. If YOUR time is important than timing is very important, and others will value YOUR time. POW allows for these kind of contracts to hold more weight.

Is it possible or practical to set up a POW for all documents on Bitcointalk (and/or other similliar sites) straight off the Bitcoin Blockchain? How easy is it to set up a coin just for a specific site, and purely for the sake of POW?

All a bit far fetched? I'm sure it can be done, what I'm not sure of is the price/benefit matrix. I'm not sure but I'm hoping for some good news, I was hoping we would have outgrown cars 30 years ago
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: