Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:57:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WEX.nz  (Read 62179 times)
aqsz213

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:21:41 PM

Yes, I will no longer use the Wwhite list, I am not the only one in this situation, we are waiting for unlocking, I hope in a short time.
Thank you   Smiley

I can not connect to my account, I made the white list of my IP today.

It says: login from this ip is banned by Wwhite list ..
I think my smartphone ip changed automatically,
I think because I was in mobile data, help me thank you my wex.nz account is: aqsz213
the media does not respond.

i think you'll have to go through their ticket system. on wex.kayako.com, you can go to "start a conversation" and choose from the menu the most appropriate issue. i would go with "problem with login to account."

also, i would avoid using IP whitelisting, for the exact reason you mention. most people don't have static IP addresses, so i wish that exchanges wouldn't even offer this option. you are best off using a strong password combined with 2-factor authentication on your phone. once you can login to your account, you should definitely remove whitelisted IPs and stop using the option.
erk (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 12:21:55 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2017, 12:32:08 AM by erk

To improve turnover, and pay back it's IOU tokens faster,  WEX needs to freshen up some of it's coin pairs.

Back when BTC-e started, it use to focus on the top 10 coins at the time, however nowadays PPC, NMC, and NVC are no longer top 10.

According to Coinmarketcap;
 PPC  #94
 NMC #128
 NVC #209

That's some serious dead wood.

WEX added BCH which was a good move, but they need to handle pretty much the whole top 10  turnover coins to get a move on. ie:

List of top dozen coins by volume not market cap:
    BTC
    BCH
    ETH
    LTC
    USDT
    ETC
    QTUM
    XRP
    XMR
    OMG
    DASH
    NEO

htp62

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:55:51 AM

can no longer access the 2FA code on my wex account, is there someway for me to verify myself and reset the 2fa or am i screwed? support no answer since they opened..
viajero

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:13:34 PM

what the hell is this? sounds super scammy?!

bigger size image: https://imgur.com/a/5qS1f

I got this as an eMail from WEX <noreplay@wex.nz> The mail itself looks legit.

Anybody knows what to make of this?

The address already received more than 12 BTC: https://blockchain.info/address/1QGbpENUv3xJCtiqTcUPM1Vvnwx5FRR6uZ
faitaccompli

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 05:22:03 PM

why does btc always trade at ~$400 higher on this exchange?

Martisor-Sobru

Activity: 541

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 07:37:57 PM

Anybody knows what to make of this?

And I received
Nobody knows?
snowyNNN

Activity: 422
Merit: 251

Pasl [Xci-r.i.p.] Eth Zcl Kmd Zen Rep Xmr Sc Neo

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:12:28 AM

Yes I have got two of those emails.

ITS A SCAM OBVIOUSLY.

█▀▀▄░▄▀▀▄░▄▀▀▀░█░░░  Xmr Sc Pasc Rlc Zen           ✦       (\__/)       ✦
█▀▀░░█▀▀█░░▀▀▄░█░░░  Zcl Kmd Ltc Rep Dash                  (='.'=) 
█░░░░█░░█░███▀░███░ Pasl [Xci-r.i.p.] Eth Btc             ✦   (")_(")  ✦           ▲▼ Anonymous ▲▼ Community Driven     XULT.com
Martisor-Sobru

Activity: 541

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:40:28 AM

Angry   It means that the database of customers was stolen?
erk (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:12:11 AM

Angry   It means that the database of customers was stolen?
We already know that, first happened a couple of years ago and BTC-e got everyone to change their passwords.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=955378.0
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:25:03 AM

what the hell is this? sounds super scammy?!

It is a scam. The real WEX site will not charge you anything for registering or to trade. They will definitely NOT email you with an address to send money to either, the real WEX would not do that. Any legit exchange will not do this. Don't send anything to that address.

I have no idea, honestly. It's probably got something to do with their deposit and withdrawal process but i'm not sure what is the exact thing that is causing the price being so high compared to other exchanges though.

BTC-e used to have cheaper rates than all other exchanges.
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:41:58 AM

I have no idea, honestly. It's probably got something to do with their deposit and withdrawal process but i'm not sure what is the exact thing that is causing the price being so high compared to other exchanges though.

BTC-e used to have cheaper rates than all other exchanges.

Do they have working fiat withdrawals yet? It wasn't totally clear to me from their first announcement whether all the payment options mentioned were operational yet. I suppose the price premium is accounting for the risk of trading there after what happened to BTC-e. Coins are more valuable (or fiat less valuable, however you want to view it) because they can be instantly withdrawn and sold elsewhere. That's why the alt/alt pairs are more normal. Fiat prices in the risk.

mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:00:24 PM

Great work

Who would ever have thought it would come back up after gox and cryptsy (different scenario though)

Awesome to see you not trading with the US, hope these affected customers go after their government to change the fact most foreign ICO and Exchanges are now refusing to deal with US citizens.

Why you ask

Because it seems at the demand of bankers and corporations if you are a foreign interest to western controlled finance and industry you get bombed.

This seems to be related to nearly every war going back to the 1700's

Consistent propaganda with each war from banks and industry, illogical decision making from politicians at the time,  the banks and industry were the only winners during and after each war, monarchies and governments removed and each one was not a member of these so called banking or industry cartels. Lastly where do these rebels, violent protestors, coups get there money from.

Of course the best example is btc-e.com, money taken by the Banking controlled US government without representation from citizens around the world. (THEFT)

It just gets more obvious and obvious.

So until human citizens band around the world to stop the centralised monstrosity of banks and industry a merrry go round of wars and stolen money will continue.

Grin
Rackot

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 12:36:17 AM

Great work for re-establishing service, but I was hoping for better liquidity on WEX  Undecided
erk (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 12:58:34 AM

Great work for re-establishing service, but I was hoping for better liquidity on WEX  Undecided

BTC-e has it's fiat seized by OKPAY in July and you want better liquidity.
That would be funny if it wasn't a catastrophe, it's kind of like complaining about the local water quality after a tsunami.
erk (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 11:00:32 PM

I think WEX should add:

ZEC
 ETC
 XMR

These are the 3 next most traded PoW coins in the list that the don't have, BTC-e seemed to focus on PoW coins rather than pre-mined tokens, I presume WEX is similar.

romani245

Activity: 267
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 11:32:00 PM

I think WEX should add:

ZEC
 ETC
 XMR

These are the 3 next most traded PoW coins in the list that the don't have, BTC-e seemed to focus on PoW coins rather than pre-mined tokens, I presume WEX is similar.

Indeed, it seems like they need to branch out if they expect to increase traffic (and thus regain trust). That's what Bitfinex did -- added a bunch of altcoins and ERC20 tokens. People have basically forgotten about the Bitfinex hack by now; they do massive volume. And all without being able to process fiat.

They previously said that XMR did not pass their code audit. I didn't see any more detail. I wonder if they would reconsider at this point. Given their position, and that of their current and former customer base, I would think privacy-oriented coins would be a good direction for them to head in.
illinest

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 11:53:21 PM

I think WEX should add:

ZEC
 ETC
 XMR

Do they have a coin voting process like other exchanges? I agree that XMR and ZEC should definitely be traded there. They are well-established with top cryptographers and coders maintaining the repos. Also agree with the person who said that privacy coins are a good direction. I think there's a war on privacy coming in crypto, and I think we're going to see a lot of these coins rise in price and do a lot of volume in the next year.
vearns

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:45:58 PM

is WEX perfectmoney and advcash withdrawal is always slow?
i know their timeframe is within 72 hours.

on their early launch, my fiat withdrawals are processed in 10 hours.
and then, it slowly become longer...to 16 hours...23 hours.

my latest withdrawal just passed 24 hours....and still pending

i noticed smaller amount was processed faster than large amount.
it took only 30 minutes to be processed.
erk (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:28:01 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2017, 10:00:53 PM by erk

WEX have increased their fiat withdrawal fees to 10% and added USDT as a method which is not a bad idea, even if USDT is a scam it's still honored at other exchanges. Minimum $1,000 USDT

I presume the increase in fees to 10% is to stop a bank run on fiat when they don't really have reserves. It will anger the crap out of fiat bag holders, but it will allow desperates to get most funds out. Can't see it encouraging fiat deposits which is ultimately what they need to top up the reserves.

Another reason might be that the main fiat/crypto pairs have been trading on WEX 10% higher than on other exchanges, so the high fee would stop people moving crypto in from other exchanges and cashing it out in fiat once again draining the fiat reserves.

They screwed up by giving the fiat holders 61% in fiat (probably to save face) instead of near 100% in IOU tokens, now people are trying to withdraw fiat that isn't there. A really silly move, oh well. It would be much nicer for all on WEX if they stop pretending there is fiat, when there is obviously a drastic shortfall, and issue fiat IOU tokens instead until there actually are some significant fiat reserves.

marky89

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:22:08 PM

WEX have increased their fiat withdrawal fees to 10% and added USDT as a method which is not a bad idea, even if USDT is a scam it's still honored at other exchanges. Minimum $1,000 USDT

I presume the increase in fees to 10% is to stop a bank run on fiat when they don't really have reserves. It will anger the crap out of fiat bag holders, but it will allow desperates to get most funds out. Can't see it encouraging fiat deposits which is ultimately what they need to top up the reserves.

Another reason might be that the main fiat/crypto pairs have been trading on WEX 10% higher than on other exchanges, so the high fee would stop people moving crypto in from other exchanges and cashing it out in fiat once again draining the fiat reserves.

They screwed up by giving the fiat holders 61% in fiat (probably to save face) instead of near 100% in IOU tokens, now people are trying to withdraw fiat that isn't there. A really silly move, oh well. It would be much nicer for all on WEX if they stop pretending there is fiat, when there is obviously a drastic shortfall, and issue fiat IOU tokens instead until there actually are some significant fiat reserves.

It seems like it's too late for that now. People have been actively trading and withdrawing, so those balances are set in stone. It's interesting to recognize that Bitfinex is in a similar position: unable to process fiat deposits or withdrawals, with Tether as the only means to move fiat value around.

It's also not necessarily true that the fiat "isn't there." The same goes for Bitfinex. Inability to reliably move high volume USD is not the same as being insolvent. Don't get me wrong -- for all I know, WEX is insolvent. But I just mean that it might be a bit more complex than that. US-facing poker sites have generally charged high withdrawal fees ever since the US government shut down the major sites in 2011 (some sites offer a couple free withdrawals per year).

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: